Diffuse unpatterned alopecia or DUPA,is it DHT driven?

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is normal values .no deficiency or abnormalities.
I think it is DHT causing dupa not ailment.
just to respond to you i just received my blood test for DHT, i have 9 ng/dl the range is (10-72) i am below range with 1mg/day finasteride, but my hair loss has been way worse on finasteride, so with finasteride it should had improved things a bit but it did not improve or stayed the same it is has worsen my condition. So DHT is not a factor in DUPA hair loss, testosterone might be and surely something else.

I am wondering if testosterone can thin or make the texture of the hair change very fast wich happened to me when on finasteride. Or maybe an other thing can do that as well ....

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
just to respond to you i just received my blood test for DHT, i have 9 ng/dl the range is (10-72) i am below range with 1mg/day finasteride, but my hair loss has been way worse on finasteride, so with finasteride it should had improved things a bit but it did not improve or stayed the same it is has worsen my condition. So DHT is not a factor in DUPA hair loss, testosterone might be and surely something else.

I am wondering if testosterone can thin or make the texture of the hair change very fast wich happened to me when on finasteride. Or maybe an other thing can do that as well ....
If you’re still losing on low dht, it’s most likely scalp androgenic activity still causing hair loss. You said you had sides from RU, implying that it worked to some extent. So maybe an AA is actually effective in your case. Check out Keto cream or fluridil. Something a bit weaker than RU if you can’t handle it

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i think DHT has no impact on me whatsover or at least something else is aggravating my case because i have been way worse since taking finasteride. If by hypothesis DUPA hair loss is still androgen related even if i think it has several causes, it have to be related to free testosterone in the serum and in the scalp but absolutely not to DHT.

-unfortunately i already tried fluridil and got side effect from the alcool in which it is coumpounded. fluridil has a high dose of isopropyl alcohol in it and repetitive use of it made me have symptom of isopropyl alcohol poisoning, (chest pain, tachychardia...)
I think i have a huge scalp porosity because if i can have side from a medicine applied topically i have it.

- as i have dupa i need to apply an AA everywhere on my scalp i don't know what is keto cream but i don't think a cream is easy to apply through my hair wich are still quite long.

- I already tried cb0301 30mg/day in stemoxydine with no reduction of my shedding, i think it is not powerful enough, i tried fluridil but had to stop, tried RU got side had to stop, tried alfatradiol but it is horseshit.

I am trying right now topical bicalutamide in stemoxydine but it did not reduce my shedding at all, i think the solubility in stemoxydine is too low and it doesn't dissolve well. I am wondering if i should try it orally ...

Maybe Oh flutamide would be a better otption but i don't know what vehicule will work ...

If you have any other AA orally that can block free testosterone or AA topically with the right vehicule that would be great as i run out of option

Best regards

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i think DHT has no impact on me whatsover or at least something else is aggravating my case because i have been way worse since taking finasteride. If by hypothesis DUPA hair loss is still androgen related even if i think it has several causes, it have to be related to free testosterone in the serum and in the scalp but absolutely not to DHT.

-unfortunately i already tried fluridil and got side effect from the alcool in which it is coumpounded. fluridil has a high dose of isopropyl alcohol in it and repetitive use of it made me have symptom of isopropyl alcohol poisoning, (chest pain, tachychardia...)
I think i have a huge scalp porosity because if i can have side from a medicine applied topically i have it.

- as i have dupa i need to apply an AA everywhere on my scalp i don't know what is keto cream but i don't think a cream is easy to apply through my hair wich are still quite long.

- I already tried cb0301 30mg/day in stemoxydine with no reduction of my shedding, i think it is not powerful enough, i tried fluridil but had to stop, tried RU got side had to stop, tried alfatradiol but it is horseshit.

I am trying right now topical bicalutamide in stemoxydine but it did not reduce my shedding at all, i think the solubility in stemoxydine is too low and it doesn't dissolve well. I am wondering if i should try it orally ...

Maybe Oh flutamide would be a better otption but i don't know what vehicule will work ...

If you have any other AA orally that can block free testosterone or AA topically with the right vehicule that would be great as i run out of option

Best regards
Take a look at this thread:

Also, keto cream should be easy to apply. Mix that with microneedling before the application and you have a weak AA right on the follicles

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But as i have already told somewhere else, some dude i am talking with have DUPA as well, and he took androcur for a full year, crushed his T/DHT level to the ground, had all symptom on the earth associated with low T, but it didnot notice any improvement in his hair loss wich i think it is f*****g crazy and maybe even testerone might not cause our hair loss.

but anyway if anybody have any sense to make from this annecdote, would be nice.

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take a look at this thread:

Also, keto cream should be easy to apply. Mix that with microneedling before the application and you have a weak AA right on the follicles
Honnestly i think even 30mg cb0301 is more powerfull than keto cream. And if i am correct but i am not sure , if keto cream that you refer too is ketoconazole cream, well it has properties reducing DHT but by no mean testosterone.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
But as i have already told somewhere else, some dude i am talking with have DUPA as well, and he took androcur for a full year, crushed his T/DHT level to the ground, had all symptom on the earth associated with low T, but it didnot notice any improvement in his hair loss wich i think it is f*****g crazy and maybe even testerone might not cause our hair loss.

but anyway if anybody have any sense to make from this annecdote, would be nice.

If he crushed his T and DHT and still lost hair (I’m talking losing, not regaining hair) then it’s not androgenic alopecia. It’s something else like diffuse alopecia areata. Ask him if he’s been diagnosed properly.

Honnestly i think even 30mg cb0301 is more powerfull than keto cream. And if i am correct but i am not sure , if keto cream that you refer too is ketoconazole cream, well it has properties reducing DHT but by no mean testosterone.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I don’t know their relative binding affinities but topical anti androgens are dose dependent. Meaning the more you use, the more effective they are. Since keto is cheap you can probably use a lot of it.

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, we had a lot of conversation by phone, he send me some picture and he has the exact same symptom as me and the exact same symptom that we can find with every dupa guy out there such as : finasteride make hair loss worse, diffuse thinning and shedding on the top but also on side and back wich is what differenciate DUPA to other hair loss.

But to be honnest with you i have no idea what diffuse alopecia aerata is, i just know that the classic alopecia aerata is commonly spotted with round hair loss all over the scalp, but i am guessing the diffuse alopecia aerata is the same, caused by an autoimmune response but just to all over the scalp.

However i don't think it is a case of alopecia aerata, because according to my knowledge alopecia aerata cause a shedding of the hair in a round pattern but they just have a loss of hair, i don't think the texture of their hair is thin and there is no miniaturisation.

In my case and in my friend case the texture of our hair is thin, there is thick along with thin hair, and our hair seemed liveless with no pigment.

If we make the hypothesis that Dupa is not dht or T related, i am wondering what other cause in the world can cause thinning hair in the scalp.
prolactin , cortisol, vitamin defficiency ..... ( i have not enough knowledge on this)

But in my case it has do something with inflammation as my scalp is very itching.

best regards

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, we had a lot of conversation by phone, he send me some picture and he has the exact same symptom as me and the exact same symptom that we can find with every dupa guy out there such as : finasteride make hair loss worse, diffuse thinning and shedding on the top but also on side and back wich is what differenciate DUPA to other hair loss.

But to be honnest with you i have no idea what diffuse alopecia aerata is, i just know that the classic alopecia aerata is commonly spotted with round hair loss all over the scalp, but i am guessing the diffuse alopecia aerata is the same, caused by an autoimmune response but just to all over the scalp.

However i don't think it is a case of alopecia aerata, because according to my knowledge alopecia aerata cause a shedding of the hair in a round pattern but they just have a loss of hair, i don't think the texture of their hair is thin and there is no miniaturisation.

In my case and in my friend case the texture of our hair is thin, there is thick along with thin hair, and our hair seemed liveless with no pigment.

If we make the hypothesis that Dupa is not dht or T related, i am wondering what other cause in the world can cause thinning hair in the scalp.
prolactin , cortisol, vitamin defficiency ..... ( i have not enough knowledge on this)

But in my case it has do something with inflammation as my scalp is very itching.

best regards

Look up diffuse alopecia areata, it can show itself as a diffuse thinning without those bald patches. Sometimes it’s patchy

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok will try some research but i am guessing that there is not lots of info on it. If you have any insight on it i don't say no and maybe treatment experimentation to test i don't say no to that as well :)

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok will try some research but i am guessing that there is not lots of info on it. If you have any insight on it i don't say no and maybe treatment experimentation to test i don't say no to that as well :)
If you want to experiment with something, take a look into steroid shampoos and topical steroid cream. Don’t over apply so do some research into dosage. See if that helps your hair loss, if it does it may indicate some immune system problems

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done a bit of research and indeed it may look like DUPA as there is thinning all over.
Moroever what i like is the fact that the thinning can appear from nowhere very fast and can fluctuate wich is definitely my case.

Actually my friend have done a biopsy as well and it shows nothing in particular, and no inflamation whatsoever but he did not do a trychoscopy though.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done a bit of research and indeed it may look like DUPA as there is thinning all over.
Moroever what i like is the fact that the thinning can appear from nowhere very fast and can fluctuate wich is definitely my case.

Actually my friend have done a biopsy as well and it shows nothing in particular, and no inflamation whatsoever but he did not do a trychoscopy though.
If he did a biopsy with no results it may be that it is DUPA. Though it also might be that the biopsy wasn’t conclusive. That happens sometimes. I did a scalp biopsy myself and I’m waiting on the results

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this helps, wrassman said he has only seen a dozen cases of dupa in his career. Most likely anyone experiening loss like that is something else. And I really recommend oral minoxidil for overall thinning. It helps a crap ton. If you think you have dupa test everything and correct any issues that are found and go from there.

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

best regards
Have you tried estrogen ? Maybe Estrogen is the "only" way to recover from DUPA. Breezula maybe in 2021 also

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well according to a study to identify diffuse alopecia aerata you need a biopsy and a trichoschopy.... as well as other test.

Oral minoxidil is very dangerous i think for the heart, i got sides from 2% topical minoxidil, palpitation when i was sleeping, goofy face ahah, if i take it oraly it will kill me for sure, and by the way where do you get it ?, i think oral minoxidil is very hard to get it prescribed.

Thanks for your feedback

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

best regards
Are you sure that finasteride make all DUPA suffers worse ? i am on fina since 4 month and i see no improvement. I don't think that i have reflexe hyperandrogenecity .

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that finasteride make all DUPA suffers worse ? i am on fina since 4 month and i see no improvement. I don't think that i have reflexe hyperandrogenecity .
Well i can't be 100% sure but if you make some research you will see that at least all the post of dupa guy seem to be not respondant to finasteride. Moroever when you read a post with some dude in wich fina or duta don't work it is either their hairloss is very agressive in nature or they have a weird pattern that doesn't mimic the classical male pattern baldness just like us.

So it is just annecdotally but it seems that it doesnot help but you can give it a shot just to be sure. Any way if on finsateride ,you see that your hair texture will worsen or maybe thin way more than before, this is not a normal reaction to finasteride, you might see more hair shedding at the beginning and it might be a good sign that it is working, even if there is no change then i recommend that you stay on it longer, but if the texture of your hair worsen or you see increase thinning on area that were not that much affected before then you will know that finasteride is not good for you.

If you have done a blood work it would be great to share it as well.

Best regards

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried OTC biestro? Usually systematic is very rare.