Diet

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
How can you be in ketosis the entire time! Wont that just kill you in the end?

And what the hell do you eat for meals if you have zero carbs? :dunno:

Being in ketosis isn't going to kill me ! Your confusing ketosis with ketoacidosis which is a condition that type 1 diabetics suffer.

Incidentally the ketogenic diet is used in children suffering epilepsy. They stay on it permanently and they don't die. Google it !

As for the carbs i only eat a very small amount of veg, which amounts to approximately 10 g of carbs daily. The rest is made up of proteins and fats.

Like i said i've been on this diet 10 months and i've never felt better in my life. I monitor my glucose daily which is alway around 4.8 mmol/l fasting first thing mornings. In my opinion blood glucose control is the answer to most health problems.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Originally posted by rwhairlosstalk

BUT by the same token I do believe others who say they've done the same thing, PROVEN their diet has no impact on their hair loss, either they eat healthy every day or when they have they've seen no reduction. And there's no better proof than when it's been proven to either work or not work, for you.

Yeah, but you have to take into account that some don't follow the low carb diet strictly.

The diet that i follow is almost zero carbs, infact i'm in ketosis all the time. I believe that although hair loss is genetic, diet really does help a lot more then some want to give credit for. I guess being able to just pop the pill is an attractive option.

Ohhh.

See that's what I mean, different things work for different people. I see the biggest reduction in shed when I eat vegetables. Raw ones at that. When I at a bunch of salad, the next day my hair loss is like 3 hairs lol. I do take a low, low dose of spironolactone but this was the case before i was on anything. A few days i was ill and didn't have an appetite and noticed this, but i wasn't taking anything orally. Nothing.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Like you say people are different, but one thing i have noticed in common with a lot of guys with hair loss is inflammation I bet a lot of guys have experienced far more shedding following it.

I used to suffer it too, but since being on this diet it's gone.