ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sleeping with a hat on is kinda extreme, why would anyone do that? :dunno:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
ghg said:
Sleeping with a hat on is kinda extreme, why would anyone do that? :dunno:

A few times when I went camping with friends, I slept with a beanie on , because in the morning you can see my receaded temples. Normally I have time to cover them with styling and product, but when your sleeping next to 3 guys in a tent and your wedged in the middle you dont exactly have alot of privacy to style ur hair and apply ur meds. :thumbdown2:

s.a.f

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
when your sleeping next to 3 guys in a tent and your wedged in the middle you dont exactly have alot of privacy to style ur hair and apply ur meds. :thumbdown2:

Thats why CCS is getting a wig?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
After I buzz my head with the clippers on 0, I won't go out with a hat on. Shaved heads don't look good with hats on, it's just far too conspicuous. I just need to buzz it more often and get used to going out like that. I've got a good sense of style and know how to dress to best suit the shaved look anyway, so it's really not as big a deal as I make it out to be.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
metalheaddude said:
when your sleeping next to 3 guys in a tent and your wedged in the middle you dont exactly have alot of privacy to style ur hair and apply ur meds. :thumbdown2:

I dont know why CCS is getting a wig, but live alone thankfully so privacy is not an issue. However even if I had zero privacy like living in virtual tent, I would still never resort to a wig! Thats just OTT <-- over the top.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
s.a.f said:
metalheaddude said:

I dont know why CCS is getting a wig, but live alone thankfully so privacy is not an issue. However even if I had zero privacy like living in virtual tent, I would still never resort to a wig! Thats just OTT <-- over the top.

I have to agree with that one. Losing hair is one thing, but resorting to a wig is another. It would just be so embarrassing if anyone found out. And I somehow feel they're bound to find out. When I first noticed that I'm balding and was pretty darn crushed my sister said "well if it bugs you that much you'll just have to get a wig!". Yeah right... like it's that easy for a man to wear a wig.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes but why are you wearing one indoors?

Ackers24

Reaction score
I'm not lol...well yeah i'am but i don't, i just put it on to show you all my hat that's all haha i don't wear it indoors

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Ackers24 said:
Pic of me without my hat =

pic of me with my hat =

I love that hat!! :jump:

Actually you look pretty good without the hat. if my head was shaped as well as yours I probably wouldnt come on this board. However even tho you look quite good with the shaved/bald head, you look much older maybe late 20's. With the hat you look like a youth again who is like 19. So basically the difference with it on and off is 10 years in age. With the hat you would prob get 16-20 year olds checkin you out, but without it they would prob would not give u second look coz they think ur older like 30, so most women around that age would look at you more.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Ackers24 said:
Pic of me without my hat =

I love that hat!! :jump:

Actually you look pretty good without the hat. if my head was shaped as well as yours I probably wouldnt come on this board. However even tho you look quite good with the shaved/bald head, you look much older maybe late 20's. With the hat you look like a youth again who is like 19. So basically the difference with it on and off is 10 years in age. With the hat you would prob get 16-20 year olds checkin you out, but without it they would prob would not give u second look coz they think ur older like 30, so most women around that age would look at you more.

I disagree. The difference is nowhere near that drastic. I think he looks like 27-30 without the hat and probably around 25 with the hat on. Anyway, the good thing is he'll probably look pretty much the same come next 5-10 years.

Ackers24

Reaction score
there's nothing good about my head shape mate lol, yeah i do look a little younger with my hat on, but i actually prefer looking older so doesn't bother me either way

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ackers24 said:
there's nothing good about my head shape mate lol, yeah i do look a little younger with my hat on, but i actually prefer looking older so doesn't bother me either way

Well there is, your head is small and not very pointy. That's good.

wheresbaldo

Reaction score
ghg said:
I have to agree with that one. Losing hair is one thing, but resorting to a wig is another. It would just be so embarrassing if anyone found out. And I somehow feel they're bound to find out. When I first noticed that I'm balding and was pretty darn crushed my sister said "well if it bugs you that much you'll just have to get a wig!". Yeah right... like it's that easy for a man to wear a wig.

I think it's obvious to say you haven't seen the good ones out there. I've done every option and none of them come close to the success I've had with my full cap piece. It's little maintenance and you can truly be satisfied with the final outcome. I even went to my sister's cosmetology school last week and got a date with one of the most beautiful girls there. Just got back from the date tonight and she loved my hair and even played with it during the movie. Food for thought, guys.

PS...there was a discussion at my sisters school about guys wearing hairpieces and plucking their eyebrows and the class agreed that they have no problem with either of those things, just as long as it looks good. They fear for the guys who use all these topical 'treatments' that haven't had much longevity for studies.

Ackers24

Reaction score
she enjoyed playing with your hair?? but it isn't your hair is it :nono: and the class said they wouldn't mind men wearing a wig...i find that very hard to believe, wonder what the women in that class would say if they were approached by a guy wearing a wig and he asked her out, i'm sure her response wouldn't be positive, wouldn't you rather find a girl who accepts you without the wig...kudos to you for wearing one though, personally i wouldn't be able to do it, i'd be constantly wondering if anyone notices it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd assume that accepting that someone wears a wig is very different to sleeping with a guy who wears one! Anyhoo, I couldn't wear one because of my phobias and the fact that I'm very active, sporty type. The maintenance would be too much and the fear of the wig coming off during a football match or something. I couldn't leave my flat after that!

wheresbaldo

Reaction score
The class is about 99% women and all of them are aged from 20-30. They are learning about the modern technologies of wigs/hairpieces for men and women. Being that I'm not ashamed to be wearing one, I might just give them a little showcase on it. A few of the girls there have boyfriends who are balding and I'm sure their girlfriends would come up to me for advice on how to give their boyfriends a fuller head of hair. The only reason why people fear wearing a piece is for the fact that it will look obvious or bad. I don't have to fear getting caught and look stupid with a big missing patch on my head. My whole head is shaved and there are no transition or blending points to give it away. Let me say that I would never go out with something like that unless I had a few peoples honest opinions and carefully examined it myself.

Now as for being active...I live probably one of the most active and aggressive lifestyles as being a mixed martial arts fighter. The tape I use to bond it to my head won't go anywhere for at least 5 days. For obvious purposes, I change it and clean my head daily...which isn't much work at all. Sure, I will probably give it up one day but at 22 I figured why not have it to enjoy my younger years. To each their own though, do what makes you feel comfortable.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
wheresbaldo said:
Now as for being active...I live probably one of the most active and aggressive lifestyles as being a mixed martial arts fighter. The tape I use to bond it to my head won't go anywhere for at least 5 days. For obvious purposes, I change it and clean my head daily...which isn't much work at all. Sure, I will probably give it up one day but at 22 I figured why not have it to enjoy my younger years. To each their own though, do what makes you feel comfortable.

I'm not exactly doing something that makes me feel comfortable (a full head of REAL hair would), but considering the options, buzzing/eventually shaving is the best choice for me right now.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't know...as much as people bag on those who are bald, I still think that the general consensus is honesty is the best policy. Besides, people regard men who wear wigs in a worse light that those that don't because not only are they bald, but they are proving that they are more insecure about it by covering it up and trying too fool everyone. It's just not considered masculine. Plus, if the system is braided to the existing hairs around the side and back it will accelerate your balding. Even if I had the best piece in the world, I still wouldn't feel the same sense of satisfaction knowing what lies underneath and that I'm being blatantly deceptive.