didnt take my cap off

s.a.f

Reaction score

Just post her this she'll be on the next plane down to you.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR HAIR! YOU HAVE OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO DO!

This should be the official slogan of this site.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to wear a cap all the time like a total douche. It must have looked so obvious. I'd even wear a hat indoors. That slogans a good one by the way. I just know that when I'm 50, I'll look back on my life and wish I didn;t waste it worrying about my stupid hair. Hopefully when I'm 50, I won;t be checking out updates on how HM will be out within 2 years.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
30_going_on_60 said:
I used to wear a cap all the time like a total douche. It must have looked so obvious. I'd even wear a hat indoors. That slogans a good one by the way. I just know that when I'm 50, I'll look back on my life and wish I didn;t waste it worrying about my stupid hair. Hopefully when I'm 50, I won;t be checking out updates on how HM will be out within 2 years.

hahha so true

metalheaddude

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Just post her this she'll be on the next plane down to you.

Who or what the hell is that? Is that you SAF? Yeah there is not a woman on the face of the planet that could resist him :roll:
whoever the hell it is :shakehead:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its a forum member but its not me. 3 guesses ...?
Clue* Average girls would'nt score high enough to get a 'piece' of this Student.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, is that the legendary CCS? He looks nothing like I thought he would. :gay:

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
i met her yesterday then without the cap. she didnt seem to care too much about the balding. i didnt notice her act differently or keep looking at my head or anything like that. she did say in the beginning that she didnt recognize me without the hat. and she did ask me questions about my hair later on that did have me a little uncomfortable like where do u get ur haircuts, is ur hair straight or curly, did they use a blade or scissors and she even offered to help style it for me once my hair grows out. all in all, im happy. thanks again guys.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
wow yeah is that CCS? How did you come to get a pic of him saf?
I dont think anyone on this board would look like anything like you expect.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't really see the hard in wearing a hat out in public occasionally, or even a little more often. If people think you're hiding something, it's because you are! It's better than them actually seeing your thinning hair, if you're concerned about it. I know a lot of people, balding and not, who I almost never see without a hat on.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
jimjohn said:
i met her yesterday then without the cap. she didnt seem to care too much about the balding. i didnt notice her act differently or keep looking at my head or anything like that. she did say in the beginning that she didnt recognize me without the hat. and she did ask me questions about my hair later on that did have me a little uncomfortable like where do u get ur haircuts, is ur hair straight or curly, did they use a blade or scissors and she even offered to help style it for me once my hair grows out. all in all, im happy. thanks again guys.

Congrats man! :)

Are you going to see her again?

Yeah I hate when women get on the subject of hair or once I was sitting in the cinema on a date and an advert comes up regarding male pattern baldness and repairing strand by strand etc. Always makes me squirm in my seat and feel very uncomfortable. Why do we even need those ads? Its the equivalent to a tampon ad in my opinion. Its just not neccessary!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
glad it turns out great!

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
My big problem with wearing a hat is that it eventually becomes a part of you if you use it to shield hairloss. There's a guy in my building who's a NW6 and he;s like 50 years old. He always wears a hat of some sort. In 6 years, I've only seen him without it once. All I can think about is Dale Gribble from King of the Hill. Also, and I'm speaking from personal experience here, is that once you come into a situation where you need to take the hat off, the insecurity is way worse than normal. Rather than living your life dreading the situation where you take your hat off, its better off to accept the situation and live without that fear.

alexandros

Reaction score
Definitely. It's just bad to be known as the guy who always wears a hat. It's good for some occasions, but to constantly wear it? People will definitely start to notice and wonder... even if your hairloss isn't that bad people might notice it more due to thinking about why you are wearing a hat so often. I usually try to keep one on if I am outside. It's cool when it's cold out, you can use all sorts of hats and it can look alright and fashionable. I do agree with the person who said that you cannot rely on hats. Sure, good for some times and for outdoors, but otherwise you will be too reliant on it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I find wearing hats very uncomfortable and unnatural abit like wearing gloves and you would'nt wear gloves unless you were outside and it was cold.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
When you dont wear caps it feels weird to wear them and you feel like your line of sight is obstructed by the visor but you get used to it..

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
I wear hats all the time, only when its a formal affair then the baseball cap is not in the picture, Personally i like wearing them it suits me and many ppl have commented that they like the cap on me. I've buzzed my hair to a stubble, anyhow if ppl wanna think i'm hidding something well let it be.. i just love wearing my baseball caps. even if i regrow my hair I'll still be wearing my baseball caps.. heck my friends who have hair wear hats like 80%. of the time. And its not just a young man thing, i'm 39 yrs old and i dress casual, shorts and T's and my chucks or vans, who says you have to dress old? And oh btw congrats jimjohn sounds like the girl is pretty cool.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't mind hats. I have a few nice ones which I wear occasionally - mainly when I couldn't be bothered styling it or if I'm going out in the evening when it's Nizoral day and my hair is fuzzy. Generally I find them uncomfortable though, and they leave marks on my forehead.

Since my hair is extremely fine and kept short, I usually just style it with my minoxidil liquid. Quite a bonus actually - it keeps my hair in place until it's dry and will then stay that way for most of the day.

metalheaddude said:
When you dont wear caps it feels weird to wear them and you feel like your line of sight is obstructed by the visor but you get used to it..
Yeah, especially indoors or in the car. It just doesn't feel right.

Back when I was a teen I would NEVER be seen without my hat. For me and my best mate,
our hats were our identity, an extension of ourselves! We would both wear our hats until they were ragged and faded and only then, after gathering up the money and planning it (we were relatively poor back then), we'd venture into the city to buy new hats (wearing our old hats in the meantime, of course!). We'd usually buy Nike or Adidas baseball hats and would spend ages picking the right one, right colour and everything. Then, upon getting home, we would compare old to new in some kind of sad "ritual" before chucking the old ones aside and taking on the new and more exciting hat. We never threw the old ones though, each one had significant memories and feelings associated with it. They were "landmarks" in our growing up.... <wipes away a tear> ....ah, memories....

Geez we were lame back then...! :blush: :mrgreen: :blush:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Emuler said:
I wear hats all the time, only when its a formal affair then the baseball cap is not in the picture, Personally i like wearing them it suits me and many ppl have commented that they like the cap on me. I've buzzed my hair to a stubble, anyhow if ppl wanna think i'm hidding something well let it be.. i just love wearing my baseball caps. even if i regrow my hair I'll still be wearing my baseball caps.. heck my friends who have hair wear hats like 80%. of the time. And its not just a young man thing, i'm 39 yrs old and i dress casual, shorts and T's and my chucks or vans, who says you have to dress old?

I guess things must be different in Canada and I guess you have some kind of manual working job where its ok to wear a cap.
I'm 33 and ashamed to admit that since my hairloss got too noticible when it reached nw3 I have been doing the hat 'toupee' thing (only outdoors though). I'm sure people can realise the connection between my hair and wearing a cap especialy at my age. I can get away with looking young enough to wear one for now but I dont see myself still wearing one at 40.
And if it was'nt for hairloss I would'nt even own one. Other than myself I dont know anyone over the age of 21 who wears hats regularly, well maybe a few black guys.
I'm just hoping one day that I can get my hair to a reasonable appearance and if that day ever comes I'll take great pleasure in burning my collection of caps. :firing:

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think balance is the key with hats. By that I mean wear them if you want but allow people to also see you without them. On a side note, funny that when I had a full head of hair I used to wear hats at least 70% of the time, and now, I wear them like 20% of the time. Maybe because deep down I don't want to be viewed as 'the guy with the hat' because I might be hiding something.