Diclofenac Now Available Over The Counter

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had no sides from cetirizine. I've previously used it orally for hayfever. It didn't seem to help my hayfever but it's supposed to be a decent anti-histamine.

A lot of anti-histamines seem to also be good hair loss treatments. I think it's because they reduce PGD2. Very cheap and safe, so seems like a good idea to me.

I've got increased anagen on frontal hairs and as far as I can see I've got tonnes of new hair developing in my receding hairline. I'm micro-needling every two weeks, roughly in accordance with the Follica patent.

The hair regrowth is baffling. I'm not counting my chickens just yet. I'll be giving it at least 4-5 months before I post pictures, but just from my own observations this is the best hair regrowth I've ever seen and I've tried pretty much everything and never seen any hair regrowth before. This is the first time in ten years I've seen completely new hairs growing in my receding hairline.
Great to hear man. How did you get your hands on the 2.5%? I can only find 1%, maybe it’s because I’m in the US...

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any compounding pharmacies that can mix minoxidil, Diclofenac and tea tree oil without a prescription? These are all over the counter drugs. I’ve contacted a few pharmacies near me but they all require a prescription. Might be different in other states in the US...?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using cetirizine as I just need to maintain, people have been talking about it since 2012 but I think this approach is underrated. Westonci proved that the PGD2-PGE2 approach can work without anti-androgens, and cetirizine has science backing it up.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2469708
Histamine release was not altered by cetirizine treatment, but prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) production, which peaked at 3 to 5 hours, was clearly reduced by cetirizine treatment, being lower at all time points during the reaction;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7741033
Cetirizine (0.1-10 micrograms/ml) enhanced PGE2 release by resting human monocytes

https://www.docdroid.net/pOupCo4/rossi2016.pdf
Topical cetirizine and Vitamin D grew hair in children with congenital hypotrichosis (a condition with no hair growth). After 6 months of treatment, the density of hair on the scalp increased in all patients. The vellus hair was replaced by terminal hair. Hair regrowth was evaluated both from the clinical and trichoscopic point of view

People who have used cetirizine usually report at the least a reduction of their shedding and itchyness, I read one study on alopecia areata where an itch in a certain area precedes a new patch of hair falling out, so if something kills it that's a good sign. I'm still unsure about the vehicle, I've been using water, one study used an alcohol based topical but others say that it degrades in alcohol.

Anyway I'm not sure how Diclofenac compares to cetirizine? Is it stronger? It's available already in topical form so that's a plus, no more messing about with experimental vehicles.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using cetirizine as I just need to maintain, people have been talking about it since 2012 but I think this approach is underrated. Westonci proved that the PGD2-PGE2 approach can work without anti-androgens, and cetirizine has science backing it up.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2469708
Histamine release was not altered by cetirizine treatment, but prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) production, which peaked at 3 to 5 hours, was clearly reduced by cetirizine treatment, being lower at all time points during the reaction;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7741033
Cetirizine (0.1-10 micrograms/ml) enhanced PGE2 release by resting human monocytes

https://www.docdroid.net/pOupCo4/rossi2016.pdf
Topical cetirizine and Vitamin D grew hair in children with congenital hypotrichosis (a condition with no hair growth). After 6 months of treatment, the density of hair on the scalp increased in all patients. The vellus hair was replaced by terminal hair. Hair regrowth was evaluated both from the clinical and trichoscopic point of view

People who have used cetirizine usually report at the least a reduction of their shedding and itchyness, I read one study on alopecia areata where an itch in a certain area precedes a new patch of hair falling out, so if something kills it that's a good sign. I'm still unsure about the vehicle, I've been using water, one study used an alcohol based topical but others say that it degrades in alcohol.

Anyway I'm not sure how Diclofenac compares to cetirizine? Is it stronger? It's available already in topical form so that's a plus, no more messing about with experimental vehicles.
Cetirizine is a histamine antagonist while Diclofenac is a COX-1 and COX-2 antagonist, meaning it prevents the production of all prostaglandins. My theory is if you shut down your production of prostaglandins in the scalp, while also using something like PGE1 or oral castor oil, you could get a similar effect to seti / fevi. Dcilofenac also has a longer half life than seti.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cetirizine is a histamine antagonist while Diclofenac is a COX-1 and COX-2 antagonist, meaning it prevents the production of all prostaglandins. My theory is if you shut down your production of prostaglandins in the scalp, while also using something like PGE1 or oral castor oil, you could get a similar effect to seti / fevi. Dcilofenac also has a longer half life than seti.
Cox antagonists have been proved here by several users, i remember a guy who used aspirin for six months, which was terrible for hair.
Im very keen about cetrizine tho
Thinking about using the same study vehicle

Last edited:

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 10mg cetirizine per 100ml bottle of mixture. I just grind up one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allacan-Ce...1_1?keywords=cetirizine&qid=1582581003&sr=8-1

I stole the idea from here:

https://www.nicehair.org/cetrizine-for-hair-loss-reduce-scalp-pgd2/

The authors evaluated the efficacy of topical cetirizine for treatment of androgenetic alopecia in 85 male and female study participants. Overall, 67 participants applied cetirizine 1% daily on the scalp, and 18 applied vehicle as controls. The treatment group showed increased total density, increased terminal density, and decreased vellus density after 6 months of use. Prostaglandin D2 has been implicated in baldness, and the mechanism of action is thought to relate to the anti-PGD2 effect of cetirizine.​

The study says it has no negative sides.

Must be worth a go? A PGD2 inhibitor that costs about 0.0000003 cents per use and has no sides.

What's your formula?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cox antagonists have been proved here by several users, i remember a guy who used aspirin for six months, which was terrible for hair.
Im very keen about cetrizine tho
Thinking about using the same study vehicle
Aspirin is a cox-1 inhibitor it has a much lesser effect on cox-2
Also there are a lot of variables when it comes to the vehicle, delivery etc...
And then there’s the 3 hour half life of aspirin compared to the 12 hour half life of Diclofenac. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying it’s hard to compare the two. Some people reported success with Diclofenac, nobody has had success with aspirin from what I’m aware of

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I would highly suggest using desloratadine instead of cetirizine. Cetirizine degrades in alcohol while desloratadine doesn’t. Both perform the same function as an antihistamine but I remember a discussion on here a little while ago where desloratadine was the clear winner. Maybe use both for a synergistic effect

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aspirin is a cox-1 inhibitor it has a much lesser effect on cox-2
Also there are a lot of variables when it comes to the vehicle, delivery etc...
And then there’s the 3 hour half life of aspirin compared to the 12 hour half life of Diclofenac. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying it’s hard to compare the two. Some people reported success with Diclofenac, nobody has had success with aspirin from what I’m aware of
Aspirin seems not good at all for hair, we're saying the same thing
Yes, they're diff
Thats unfortunate because aspirin at high dosage with vitamjn C is very good in order to fight finasteride sides

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be interested to see if all those ingredients in that formula interact with one another, or not.

if I remember right, didn’t @jamesbooker1975 use cetirizine for a while? Is he still using?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10% Minoxidil: increases VEGF, blood circulation and activates potassium ion channels
40% Sandalore: increases IGF-1 and lengthens anagen
40% Peppermint oil: Reduces inflammation and increases IGF1
5% Velvet deer antler: increases IGF-1
5% Red Korean Gingseng: increases VEGF
1% Lactobacillus: Increases VEGF
1% L-Carnitine L-Tartrate: Upregulates proliferation of follicular keratinocytes and may help with potassium ion channels
2% Apigenin: Reduces TGF1beta
1% Capsaicin: Increases IGF-1
1% Cetirizine: Reduces PGD2
1%: RU58841: Reduces androgen receptor availability

After applying this I boar brush x 100 times (if I have time), then I apply Voltarol along my hairline.

I'd like to add Bimatoprost or an equivalent. And I'm tempted to switch the RU for Seti or Way.

I think this is quite a good mixture but would be interested in your thoughts.

The main concern is that I don't know how effective delivery is because it's impossible to dissolve this much stuff in a liquid as fas Ias I know. Maybe there's a better way to get these ingredients into your scalp that I don't know about.
I'm sorry. I'm really bad at chemistry. When you say, 10% minoxidil, does that mean 10% of the solution is minoxidil? likewise, does 40% sandalore mean 40% of the solution is sandalore?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I'm really bad at chemistry. When you say, 10% minoxidil, does that mean 10% of the solution is minoxidil? likewise, does 40% sandalore mean 40% of the solution is sandalore?

Yes and this has nothing to do with chemistry.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys know that PGD2 path has been officialy dropped last year ?
No product on the current pipeline, all research products were dropped

Antagonists of the Prostaglandin D2 Receptor CRTH2 are officially useless for hairloss
So please, stop it

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I would highly suggest using desloratadine instead of cetirizine. Cetirizine degrades in alcohol while desloratadine doesn’t. Both perform the same function as an antihistamine but I remember a discussion on here a little while ago where desloratadine was the clear winner. Maybe use both for a synergistic effect

Desloratadine has papers clearly stating pge2 inhibition

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys know that PGD2 path has been officialy dropped last year ?
No product on the current pipeline, all research products were dropped

Antagonists of the Prostaglandin D2 Receptor CRTH2 are officially useless for hairloss
So please, stop it

Idiot :D

Dropping PGD2 inhibitors product because of Asthma doesn't mean the the pathway doesn't work for Androgenetic Alopecia.....

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idiot :D

Dropping PGD2 inhibitors product because of Asthma doesn't mean the the pathway doesn't work for Androgenetic Alopecia.....

Look for trial result again, those Seti Androgenetic Alopecia trials heh, and Fevi was the same useless sh*t.
Fact is, Cots from Follica stated it some years ago now, PGD2 is a dead end, they've also use it during their trials.
You can find all patents from Follica with their various treatments mixtures (including their own PGD2 antagonists), we don't know yet the final composition of Follica's compound but you most likely won't find anything about this

Idiot

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With too much pgd2, hair follicle neogenesis cannot happened.

Last edited: