Diclofenac Now Available Over The Counter

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look for trial result again, those Seti Androgenetic Alopecia trials heh, and Fevi was the same useless sh*t.
Fact is, Cots from Follica stated it some years ago now, PGD2 is a dead end, they've also use it during their trials.
You can find all patents from Follica with their various treatments mixtures (including their own PGD2 antagonists), we don't know yet the final composition of Follica's compound but you most likely won't find anything about this

Idiot

Cots did never state that. That being said not everyone responds to Crth2 therapy. There is also a study implying ptgds inhibitors might be more interesting, but thats a complete different task as there are two enzymes for it that constantly renew (h-pgds, l-pgds). H-PGDS inhibititors might actually end up on the market for duchenne.

Also ppl forget this is a regulatory issue. PGD2 is just a small part of his research. Did they simultanously apply pge2? no. did they use the new follica device on the seti trial subjects? no. Did they apply a wnt agonist? no. Did they apply fgf9 after wounding that wasnt done? no. What about shh? Nope.

In fact trials subjects could have been faulty as well (already stable using finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil, ru... - they cant really test for this in clinical trials)

I wish ppl would pay a bit more respect to ppl who keep being active and pushing hair loss research and actually getting stuff on the market.

WAY316606 was something cots was also interested in. They pussied out and look now for an analogue that they can sell after one safety trial as cosmetic. Brotzu snakeoil was best proof that this is unlikely to work.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cots did never state that. That being said not everyone responds to Crth2 therapy. There is also a study implying ptgds inhibitors might be more interesting, but thats a complete different task as there are two enzymes for it that constantly renew (h-pgds, l-pgds). H-PGDS inhibititors might actually end up on the market for duchenne.

Also ppl forget this is a regulatory issue. PGD2 is just a small part of his research. Did they simultanously apply pge2? no. did they use the new follica device on the seti trial subjects? no. Did they apply a wnt agonist? no. Did they apply fgf9 after wounding that wasnt done? no. What about shh? Nope.

In fact trials subjects could have been faulty as well (already stable using finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil, ru... - they cant really test for this in clinical trials)

I wish ppl would pay a bit more respect to ppl who keep being active and pushing hair loss research and actually getting stuff on the market.

WAY316606 was something cots was also interested in. They pussied out and look now for an analogue that they can sell after one safety trial as cosmetic. Brotzu snakeoil was best proof that this is unlikely to work.

Of course they tested PGE2 and FGF-9 growth factor
You can find it in their multiple patents, they did try everything in those 10 years

FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR-9 PROMOTES HAIR FOLLICLE REGENERATION AFTER WOUNDING
Publication number: 20180280475
Abstract: The present invention provides methods for treating hair loss, treating, inhibiting, or suppressing a degenerative skin disorder, treating androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), generating new hair follicles (HF), and increasing the size of existing HF. The methods comprise epidermal disruption or administration of wnt, and administration of a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide or another compound that upregulates sonic hedgehog gene signaling.
Type: Application
Filed: June 8, 2018
Publication date: October 4, 2018
Applicant: The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
Inventors: George Cotsarelis, Oh Sang Kwon

METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR INHIBITING OR REDUCING HAIR LOSS, ACNE, ROSACEA, PROSTATE CANCER, AND BPH
Publication number: 20190380942
Abstract: This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), acne, rosacea, prostate cancer, and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of decreasing prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) level or activity, a downstream signaling or receptor pathway thereof, or prostaglandin D2 synthase level or activity; methods of stimulating hair growth, comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of increasing or decreasing the activity or level of a target gene of the present invention, or with a protein product of the target gene or an analogue or mimetic thereof; and methods of testing for Androgenetic Alopecia and evaluating therapeutic methods thereof, comprising measuring PGD2 levels.
Filed: February 12, 2018
Publication date: December 19, 2019
Applicant: The Trustees Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Inventors: George Cotsarelis, Luis Garza

• FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR-9 PROMOTES HAIR FOLLICLE REGENERATION AFTER WOUNDING
    Publication number: 20150216934
    Abstract: The present invention provides methods for treating hair loss, treating, inhibiting, or suppressing a degenerative skin disorder, treating androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), generating new hair follicles (HF), and increasing the size of existing HF. The methods comprise epidermal disruption or administration of wnt, and administration of a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide or another compound that upregulates sonic hedgehog gene signaling.
    Filed: October 3, 2014
    Publication date: August 6, 2015
    Inventors: GEORGE COTSARELIS, OH SANG KWON
  • COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR REGULATING HAIR GROWTH
    Publication number: 20150072963
    Abstract: The invention relates to compositions and methods for regulating hair growth. Specifically, the invention relates to regulating hair growth by regulating the activity one of the prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) receptors, DP-2 (GPR44). Compositions and methods for regulating hair growth include inhibiting hair growth by administering a DP-2 agonist, or stimulating hair growth by administering a DP-2 antagonist.
    Filed: March 15, 2013
    Publication date: March 12, 2015
    Inventors: George Cotsarelis, Garret Fitzgerald, Luis Garza
  • Fibroblast growth factor-9 promotes hair follicle regeneration after wounding
    Patent number: 8871711
    Type: Grant
    Filed: November 11, 2009
    Date of Patent: October 28, 2014
    Assignee: The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
Yeah, FGF-9 is cutting edge, 11 years old now, and i bet i can find older patents
And i agree with you, people tend to forget, especially on this board

Last edited:

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course they tested PGE2 and FGF-9 growth factor
You can find it in their multiple patents, they did try everything in those 10 years

FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR-9 PROMOTES HAIR FOLLICLE REGENERATION AFTER WOUNDING
Publication number: 20180280475
Filed: June 8, 2018
Publication date: October 4, 2018
Applicant: The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania

METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR INHIBITING OR REDUCING HAIR LOSS, ACNE, ROSACEA, PROSTATE CANCER, AND BPH
Publication number: 20190380942
Abstract: This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), acne, rosacea, prostate cancer, and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of decreasing prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) level or activity, a downstream signaling or receptor pathway thereof, or prostaglandin D2 synthase level or activity; methods of stimulating hair growth, comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of increasing or decreasing the activity or level of a target gene of the present invention, or with a protein product of the target gene or an analogue or mimetic thereof; and methods of testing for Androgenetic Alopecia and evaluating therapeutic methods thereof, comprising measuring PGD2 levels.
Filed: February 12, 2018
Publication date: December 19, 2019
Applicant: The Trustees Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Inventors: George Cotsarelis, Luis Garza

• FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR-9 PROMOTES HAIR FOLLICLE REGENERATION AFTER WOUNDING
    Publication number: 20150216934
    Filed: October 3, 2014
    Publication date: August 6, 2015
    Inventors: GEORGE COTSARELIS, OH SANG KWON
  • COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR REGULATING HAIR GROWTH
    Publication number: 20150072963
    Abstract: The invention relates to compositions and methods for regulating hair growth. Specifically, the invention relates to regulating hair growth by regulating the activity one of the prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) receptors, DP-2 (GPR44). Compositions and methods for regulating hair growth include inhibiting hair growth by administering a DP-2 agonist, or stimulating hair growth by administering a DP-2 antagonist.
    Filed: March 15, 2013
    Publication date: March 12, 2015
    Inventors: George Cotsarelis, Garret Fitzgerald, Luis Garza
  • Fibroblast growth factor-9 promotes hair follicle regeneration after wounding
    Patent number: 8871711
    Type: Grant
    Filed: November 11, 2009
    Date of Patent: October 28, 2014
    Assignee: The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
Yeah, FGF-9 is cutting edge, 11 years old now, and i bet i can find older patents
And i agree with you, people tend to forget, especially on this board
But patents don't imply that they actually tested those things, do they? I would think that published research does. But, I'm not sure that everything listed in the patents had been tested. I mean for instance, you can patent the design of a device that never existed, or a method of doing something without actually doing it and proving results. I could of course be wrong in my assumption.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how to get Diclofenac / Voltaren in the US without prescription?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aspirin seems not good at all for hair, we're saying the same thing
Yes, they're diff
Thats unfortunate because aspirin at high dosage with vitamjn C is very good in order to fight finasteride sides
I always found when i took Aspirin, my hair felt and looked a lot stronger, less shedding. Unfortunately with the increased chance of bleeding I can’t keep taking it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not using ethanol. I use peppermint oil and sandalore for 80% of the mixture. The remaining 20% is a combination of powders, half of which is minoxidil. Unfortunately, it doesn't completely mix and therefore delivery is probably not particularly great. But it seems to be working for me.
You mix yourself? How much Sandalore?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always found when i took Aspirin, my hair felt and looked a lot stronger, less shedding. Unfortunately with the increased chance of bleeding I can’t keep taking it.
Thats interesting.
How long have you been taking it ? At what dosage ?
We have reports for 6 months therapy and its not encouraging at all

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PSA: Looks like NSAID's can be dangerous if taken when you have coronavirus, including diclofenac, ibuprofen, aspirin

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
So, this means I can use Voltaren gel for hair loss? How often should I apply it on the scalp? I'd like to give it a try.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 10mg cetirizine per 100ml bottle of mixture. I just grind up one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allacan-Ce...1_1?keywords=cetirizine&qid=1582581003&sr=8-1

I stole the idea from here:

https://www.nicehair.org/cetrizine-for-hair-loss-reduce-scalp-pgd2/

The authors evaluated the efficacy of topical cetirizine for treatment of androgenetic alopecia in 85 male and female study participants. Overall, 67 participants applied cetirizine 1% daily on the scalp, and 18 applied vehicle as controls. The treatment group showed increased total density, increased terminal density, and decreased vellus density after 6 months of use. Prostaglandin D2 has been implicated in baldness, and the mechanism of action is thought to relate to the anti-PGD2 effect of cetirizine.​

The study says it has no negative sides.

Must be worth a go? A PGD2 inhibitor that costs about 0.0000003 cents per use and has no sides.
Why are using such a tiny amount though? 10mg/100ml = 0.01%.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not using ethanol. I use peppermint oil and sandalore for 80% of the mixture. The remaining 20% is a combination of powders, half of which is minoxidil. Unfortunately, it doesn't completely mix and therefore delivery is probably not particularly great. But it seems to be working for me.
I’m amazed your scalp is able to handle that. Peppermint oil can really burn the scalp. I use 1% sandalore + 3% peppermint in my topical and it turns my hair rock hard like hairspray.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m amazed your scalp is able to handle that. Peppermint oil can really burn the scalp. I use 1% sandalore + 3% peppermint in my topical and it turns my hair rock hard like hairspray.

Are you applying the topical to your scalp or to your hair?

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had no sides from cetirizine. I've previously used it orally for hayfever. It didn't seem to help my hayfever but it's supposed to be a decent anti-histamine.

A lot of anti-histamines seem to also be good hair loss treatments. I think it's because they reduce PGD2. Very cheap and safe, so seems like a good idea to me.

I've got increased anagen on frontal hairs and as far as I can see I've got tonnes of new hair developing in my receding hairline. I'm micro-needling every two weeks, roughly in accordance with the Follica patent.

The hair regrowth is baffling. I'm not counting my chickens just yet. I'll be giving it at least 4-5 months before I post pictures, but just from my own observations this is the best hair regrowth I've ever seen and I've tried pretty much everything and never seen any hair regrowth before. This is the first time in ten years I've seen completely new hairs growing in my receding hairline.

Do you know of a supplier for the pure active ingredient? The study indicates that 10 mg/ml is effective, so crushing pills seems unlikely to work (too much filler).

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
That powder is readily available anywhere if you know how to use Google. Very soluble in water and studies show 1% dosage. Not sure how stable it stays but adding it to your rogaine pipette everyday sounds like a good deal.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Voltarol 2.5% for a couple of months it's working wonders. I also use cetirizine as a PGD2 blocker.

Personally I think anti-inflammatories / anti-histamines / PGD2 blockers are vital for male pattern baldness prevention.

I think in the end it's the inflammatory and/or auto-immune response that causes the hair loss. From what I remember DHT causes perifollicular inflammation.

These are worth a read if you want to learn more:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10217742

https://www.nicehair.org/exactly-why-how-does-dht-cause-hair-loss/

Hey, do you still use diclofenac?

albertmort

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. The fact that Diclofenac began to be sold without a prescription, as for me, will not affect some of its customers very well. Arthritis causes huge pain, and therefore many old people can ignore the rules and take a double or even triple dose of the drug.