Dexpanthenol May Be A Novel Treatment For Male Androgenetic Alopecia: Analysis Of Nine Cases

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/dth.13381

dth.13381.fp.png

There are two patients with pictures that you can see on Sci-Hub. One of them is combed differently, but the other one looks like he may have had some slight but legitimate improvement.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is interesting because dexpanthenol is an analogue of vitamin b5, which is said to help acne but cause hair loss

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's also available OTC so should be easy enough to get your hands on to experiment with.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some things to note, these people were given weekly injections of 500 mg dexpanthenol, and I'm not sure if you need a special type of dexpanthenol to inject. Also the improvement was assessed by a patient questionnaire and there wasn't any kind of objective analysis done. I'm not sure if this is available OTC in America, but if anyone knows it is then I'm interested to hear about it.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some things to note, these people were given weekly injections of 500 mg dexpanthenol, and I'm not sure if you need a special type of dexpanthenol to inject. Also the improvement was assessed by a patient questionnaire and there wasn't any kind of objective analysis done. I'm not sure if this is available OTC in America, but if anyone knows it is then I'm interested to hear about it.

There are pictures of two patients in the full article.

You're right about the injection bit. Not sure if the OTC creams are gonna match up if you use them topically.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Taking Panthetine orally will do the same thing. (Highly absorbable and biologically active form of pantothenic acid ). Precursor of coenzyme A .

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair talk will never end, it is like an expanding universe!
an unlimited donor should have been available by now.

society needs a new business ideology.

squee what up?

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna give the Pantethine a shot. If it doesn't do anything for my hair maybe it'll at least do something for my skin. I'm taking 900 mg a day but I might adjust the dose later on. I have a feeling that dosage is very important for this because hair loss is often cited as a side effect of megadosing b5 and yet this study exists suggesting the opposite.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna give the Pantethine a shot. If it doesn't do anything for my hair maybe it'll at least do something for my skin. I'm taking 900 mg a day but I might adjust the dose later on. I have a feeling that dosage is very important for this because hair loss is often cited as a side effect of megadosing b5 and yet this study exists suggesting the opposite.

do you suffer from acne or oily skin and if so does the vitamine b5 is helping your case? Thanks

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Take it with L-Cysteine for better results. Mandatory precursors for Coenzyme A.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you suffer from acne or oily skin and if so does the vitamine b5 is helping your case? Thanks
I have both and I just started taking it today, so I’ll update here about my skin as well as my hair.
Take it with L-Cysteine for better results. Mandatory precursors for Coenzyme A.
I’ll look into the l-cysteine