Dermmatch is the way to go...but....

barryegan

Reaction score
I've been using dermmatch and it is REMARKABLE, but I still have one major problem with it.

If you rub your head with it on.. your hands show it... they look like you've stuck your finger in ink lightly.

I've tried using less, infact I barely use any at all.

I've let it dry for hours and still does it.

I've tried hair spray.

I know this isn't that big of a deal, but what if someone rubs my head and then looks at their hand? I will instantly be exposed. Is their anything else I can try to keep it from doing this?

CCS

Reaction score
maybe you are using too much. I can put my hands in my hair, not problem. It only colors my fingers when I scratch my scalp.

antonio666

Reaction score
using dermatch or toppik in my opinion is like wearing a hairpeice,but if it does the job,thats all that matters

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
...dont rub your head...!! ...and if your girlfriend rubs your head..slap her...! I promise..she will not do it again! :winky:

s.a.f

Reaction score
I've never had this problem of it coming of on hands I dont even use hairspray either. However it does come off on pillowcases.

CCS

Reaction score
it's not coming off on my blue sheets. Now I do see a little in my white hat.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok this is what i do:

I got the same prob as CCS when I scratch my scalp it comes off. I apply dermatch a diff way though.. I use plastic gloves to rub it in and when im done I run my fingers through my hair with the glove on to get the excess out of the hair until i dont see any left. Nothing should come off this way unless you scratch your scalp or rub your head hard against some light/white material.

But personally I prefer toppik for everyday use... much easier.

CCS

Reaction score
I apply dermmatch in 1-5 minutes, depending how thurough I want to be. It does not come off in my hand unless I scratch my scalp. No glove needed. I only apply it from my hair line 1 inch back. I need it further back than that, but a comb forward is usually good enough. I don't want friction from the brush on my thinner hairs, so I just go between the strong grafts.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
yeah man sounds like you are applying too much if its that much of a problem when rubbing your fingers through your scalp.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
CSS what do you use to apply? The applicator is not for me. I like the glove because it's as if I'm just rubbing it in and applying it right with my own hands and fingers without the mess it would actually leave. Plus it's easy to run my fingers through my hair afterwards to make sure its all off then I gel and style my hair with the gloves on.

CCS

Reaction score
I just use the applicators. they work just fine for me. just don't use too much so you don't get any solid colors on your scalp, and don't press to hard on your scalp so you don't rub any weak hairs. part your hair so you don't get it on the hairs, except the base. and make sure it is a good color match.

I bet even if you are shiny bald, you could make it looke like you still have roots with the stuff. But the light brown has a slight blue hue when you use a lot, so maybe it is better under some hair.

mcozzy

Reaction score
I just got my first package from dermmatch today. Holy crap! This stuff is unbelievably good! I wish I had known this existed sooner. It completely covers all the damage I have done by dutasteride. I'm surprised they don't run more commercials for this stuff on tv.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
mcozzy said:
I just got my first package from dermmatch today. Holy crap! This stuff is unbelievably good! I wish I had known this existed sooner. It completely covers all the damage I have done by dutasteride. I'm surprised they don't run more commercials for this stuff on tv.

damage by dutasteride...what are you talking about?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
mcozzy said:
oh....I just meant heaving shedding that never came back.

how long did you give the dutas treatment?

are you sure it wouldnt have come back had you been on it long enough?

ditto, I'm not quite sure when people claim that dutasteride did damage to their hairlines, because I don't know if they simply didn't stay on the drug long enough to experience the benefits. I'm considering getting on dutasteride in the near future and this fascinates me.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
mcozzy said:
oh....I just meant heaving shedding that never came back.

how long did you give the dutas treatment?

are you sure it wouldnt have come back had you been on it long enough?

ditto, I'm not quite sure when people claim that dutasteride did damage to their hairlines, because I don't know if they simply didn't stay on the drug long enough to experience the benefits. I'm considering getting on dutasteride in the near future and this fascinates me.

IM considering it as well...maybe as early as August...
Im curious as to why some people are claiming dutasteride damaged their hair...this is not the first time ive read this.

G

Im curious as to why some people are claiming dutasteride damaged their hair...this is not the first time ive read this.

i read on here that masturbation causes hair loss as well but i put no stock in it. so i also put no stock in the "dutasteride ruined my hair" garbage. i'm not a fan of the dutasteride bashing, especially the bashing of it by people who have never even tried it. it's like people trying to talk about what war is really like when they've never served. well i'm a dutasteride soldier, going on a year now.

and you can quote me on that.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:

i read on here that masturbation causes hair loss as well but i put no stock in it. so i also put no stock in the "dutasteride ruined my hair" garbage. i'm not a fan of the dutasteride bashing, especially the bashing of it by people who have never even tried it. it's like people trying to talk about war when they've never served. well i'm a dutasteride soldier, going on a year now.

did you shed at all? how bad was it and how long did it last?

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":b0357]

i read on here that masturbation causes hair loss as well but i put no stock in it. so i also put no stock in the "dutasteride ruined my hair" garbage. i'm not a fan of the dutasteride bashing, especially the bashing of it by people who have never even tried it. it's like people trying to talk about war when they've never served. well i'm a dutasteride soldier, going on a year now.

did you shed at all? how bad was it and how long did it last?[/quote:b0357]

yeah i shed the most in october, less in january, and a bit in april. i think it altered my hair cycle and synchronized the hairs. i didn't notice a bunch of hairs coming out, rather that my hair looked thinner in those months than in preceding months. it kept growing back though.

and it should diminish with time and eventually stop happening