Dermmatch + Caboki Application W/ Pictures

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I tried your regimen. I don’t understand the point of applying dry dermmatch, if you’re just going to coat it slightly wet afterwards? What’s the benefit of doing a layer dry, and a layer wet? Or are you applying wet to very bald area and dry to thinning?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I tried your regimen. I don’t understand the point of applying dry dermmatch, if you’re just going to coat it slightly wet afterwards? What’s the benefit of doing a layer dry, and a layer wet? Or are you applying wet to very bald area and dry to thinning?

Yup, wet to very bald area and dry to thinning.

I start at hairline because it is pretty much intact and thicken it up slightly with dry, then do forward top of head dry. I then do the crown, working forward wet. My goal is minimal wet application. Thiat is for every day wear. If I know 100% for sure I'm getting wet, then I apply more of it wet.

The point of this method is so they when people look at your hairline they don't see a painted scalp, especially if the wind hits it.

Edited to add last comment and fix a wrong autofill word.

Last edited:

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your hair is so thin and you always see your scalp regardless of having dermatch or other coverup on what color looks natural like a tan - medium brown? I have dark brown to black hair. Can not use fibers on top to frontal - does not look right.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair is so thin and you always see your scalp regardless of having dermatch or other coverup on what color looks natural like a tan - medium brown? I have dark brown to black hair. Can not use fibers on top to frontal - does not look right.

Attach a picture and I can help more. I was able to get dermmatch and fibers working when my hair was thinner than it is now, but I wore a different hair style. I did a messy spike hair style, but I used a crap yon of fibers. Now i have a long hair side part and a little is all I need.

From what I've seen with other people, if your scalp shows up no matter what,then just try to match your hair color to scalp closer and the less contrast will make a camouflage effect.

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Lurker85 just curious but since you’re on the big three I’m assuming, have you only just recently started and this is a stop gap until you see results from they medication?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Lurker85 just curious but since you’re on the big three I’m assuming, have you only just recently started and this is a stop gap until you see results from they medication?

Yea, the hope is that eventually I find a combo of treatment so I can stop using concealers. They are just used so I can have some normalcy while waiting for regrowth.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, the hope is that eventually I find a combo of treatment so I can stop using concealers. They are just used so I can have some normalcy while waiting for regrowth.
I’m sure you’ll get it man. Have you also thought of using a topical AA? finasteride is good for blocking dht but I’ve heard test might be damaging to hair follicles too

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ll get it man. Have you also thought of using a topical AA? finasteride is good for blocking dht but I’ve heard test might be damaging to hair follicles too

I just started topical finasteride a few days ago. I've used oral for years just to maintain, but I'm going for a more severe approach right now while I'm off from work.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
One of the best posts on this forum. Quick question after years of using dermmatch I had an embarrassing moment when I did a public speech and dark streaks dripped down my face. I get nervous and sweat through my forehead. I don't touch it but dab my forehead with a napkin without touching my hairline. The lighting was pretty muted so I'm pretty sure only me and the wife noticed but it was embarrassing as fu C. Destroyed my confidence, I've never had this happen before. The only thing I can think went wrong was I couldn't get a new batch of dermmatch for months. I used an old disk that had dried pretty hard and I ended up putting more water than usual to get it on the applicatior. Do you think that's what happened? Never happened before and I'm pretty reliant on dermmatch. Any thoughts? Does dry Dermatch (applied dry on scalp without wetting) stay on forehead/hairline well and hold up to heavy sweating? Thanks