Dermatch users

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pleasehelpme said:
thanks Lizzad yeah the product works great!

hey that's randy couture... he's the man!

peace

He is, I think everybody could do with being a little or a lot more like him. 8) nuff said :salut:

puggwugg

Reaction score
PJ - You'll be very happy with Dermatch. It's totally easy to use, lasts so much longer, wears/holds so much better, and is so much more inexpensive.

Mike gave some extremely good tips for the application of Dermatch. The water amount IS important and this stuff can be blended well if done right.

Chicano - try the tips Mike gave. Here's an extra of mine: Apply around your hairline as you would elsewhere on your scalp. Let your hair dry and once it is, take a damp rag (babywipes work GREAT) and lightly wipe the hairline backwards towards your head (don't push too hard). For me, this helps blend a natural looking hairline without removing the Dermatch.

Hope it helps!

Chicano

Reaction score
Thank you guys!!! (specially Puggwug and Mike)

I received my dermatch kit last week. So far I have tried it with pretty good results (whole lot more natural in the hairline than toppik) My procedure is slightly different. Since I wear my hair kinda short (ceasar style) I just use it along the hairline and I dont need water in my applicator. For the rest of the thinning areas Iam still using toppik because I find it faster to apply. As you all do here I use a damp rag (or even wet toilet paper) to get rid of the dermatch left in my forehead.

Whenever I have time Im gonna try Mike´s procedure and see what happens.

Thank you again.

cookcubed

Reaction score
splint said:
I have jet black hair and black dermatch fits in well, when it dry it looks a bit wierd, like a dull black colour, but soon as the wax is in it fine. Havent tested its hold in rain, slight drizzle is fine, if it starts really ing it down then could be in trouble, although again if it got wax in, it should lock it in place.

splint, u said that u put "wax" in your hair to kepp the dermatch in place. Is this gel. If so what kind would you reccomend? I use Dep now.

billiboy

Reaction score
My hair appears dusty from Dermatch

I have tried Platinum Dermatch several times. The color is a good match as I have have long, shiny, platinum blond hair, but my hair is thinning on top and the hair line has receded. I Don't use it on scalp, just on hair. My problem is that under bright light it looks dusty. My adult daughters will almost always notice that there is dust in my hair and they know it is Dermatch (I told them when I got busted the first time I used it). Am I applying too much? Should I brush more of it out? Or, maybe the real problem is that the Dermatch is dull while my real hair is shiny. Other than this big problem, I like Dermatch.

Any suggestions?

Deckard

Reaction score
I've been trying Dermatch for a couple of days now but i'm just a little disapointed. Dermatch claims that the stuff stays on in water, but i've put my head under the faucet just a bit and it came trickling down my face in little brown streams. Am I doing something wrong perhaps or have I been cheated?

shoRt sHanKs

Reaction score
I have tried Platinum Dermatch several times. The color is a good match as I have have long, shiny, platinum blond hair, but my hair is thinning on top and the hair line has receded. I Don't use it on scalp, just on hair. My problem is that under bright light it looks dusty. My adult daughters will almost always notice that there is dust in my hair and they know it is Dermatch (I told them when I got busted the first time I used it). Am I applying too much? Should I brush more of it out? Or, maybe the real problem is that the Dermatch is dull while my real hair is shiny. Other than this big problem, I like Dermatch.

I had the same problem when I began using it. After brushing it through and blow drying, your hair will look dusty because of excess powder which has lost its bond to the hair when the water evaporated. My application is usually a 3 stage process. Applying/Combing, Drying, Removal of excess/combing.

I found that after drying, use a wet brush or comb(or just dampen your hair again) and comb through again. Use a damp paper towel and gently rub your hair back and forward and you will see how much excess powder is really in your hair! Once you get only slight amounts on the paper towel your fine. Blow dry again and style. Seems like I do it the difficult way but I don't know a better way! But it still only takes me 10 minutes

shoRt sHanKs

Reaction score
Decard, you have the same general issue. The brown you see coming off in the sink after a dried application is excess.