Degradation of Cetirizine in alcohol vehicles!

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Central Europe. No I did not push that much I just explained how I would use it and why. You know it’s just explaining you make the 1% which is the oral dose for allergies but you will apply on your hairs and you need a "clean" preparation with only the drug as ingredient. so she sold me the powder. But to be fair my pharmasist trusts me and she is pharmacist for my family for a while so I’m pretty sure I would have had 4 no for 1 yes in other pharmacies. one thing pharmacist can do too is to keep the powder you bought and make the preparation when you go at pharmacy for new batch. Obv you will just pay the vehicle and preparation a few bucks. So he always "controls" what he sells and will accept more easily. but I think it's worth it, you have the legit 1% stuff and no worries to have about fillers and concentration

What vehicle you using for your 1% lotion?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
still using cetirizine oral drop ? i was wondering if it makes your hair greasy... and is there any sugar or stuff in it since its cherry taste..

60 crushed pilll give me white residue on my hair even if its filtered..

Yes, I still use it and I am extremly happy with it. IT contain sweeters , and yes, will live the hair greasy. I live it for at least 4 hours .

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I still use it and I am extremly happy with it. IT contain sweeters , and yes, will live the hair greasy. I live it for at least 4 hours .

ok thanks ! my hair are already so much greasy i will try to find raw powder ! ....

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok thanks ! my hair are already so much greasy i will try to find raw powder ! ....
The idea it to apply it at night or apply it when you can live it at least 4 hours, you can use a baseball cap if need it during that minimun 4 hours.
Of course, if you can get the real powder, will be ideal.

leMiserable

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to follow the study that's only 1ml once a day... I don't know why people use it 2 times perd day?! where did that come from? it looks useless, because with 1 application I already see positive signs: 1st of all: my scalp looks "cleaner" sebum wise. and I see few tiny hairs popping up. Some members had this but then it stagnated so now let's see what will happen in coming month. will they turn terminal? will this thicken up existing hairs? I will definitely know myself if this works or not rather than reading / waiting other ppl experiments. At worst I would have lost few bucks:D

Cause with 2ml I can cover my whole scalp. I even want to find the raw power and make a 5 % lotion.
But , yes, 1 % 1ml can do the job

I my case was terminal new hair, was kind amazing cause I have being using ton of stuff since 1996 . Even the old combo of spironolactone plus minoxidil both orals ! ( yes , stupid thing , 16 years ago ) . With all the thing I have being used I saw increase on the amount of hair where I already have plus not more receding. But this is of having new hair in the dead zone ( in the zone you go from Norwood 3 to a norwood 0 ) is simple amazing. Now, keep in mind I don't have hair in that zone since 1995-1996 , so the amount of new hairs is not amazing, but there are there, they are new and are all terminal .

Since you guys are responding well - I'm interested in knowing what you mix your 1% cetirizine in? (distilled water/ethanol)?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you guys are responding well - I'm interested in knowing what you mix your 1% cetirizine in? (distilled water/ethanol)?
I just buy the oral drops and use it as topical. But, if not , it is extremly well soluble in water. Some people say that whater is not enought for penetration. But you can apply this and then a lotion like rogaine, and it will help to penetrate. If not , just add 10 or 20 % or Propilen glycol and then the rest of water.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just buy the oral drops and use it as topical. But, if not , it is extremly well soluble in water. Some people say that whater is not enought for penetration. But you can apply this and then a lotion like rogaine, and it will help to penetrate. If not , just add 10 or 20 % or Propilen glycol and then the rest of water.
If I dissolve it in water then apply it should I apply Minoxidil right after putting the cetirizine in my hair. Or should I wait like 30 minutes for the cetirizine to dry before applying Minoxidil?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, @jamesbooker1975 , I tried to look up pillsforall, but the website no longer exists. Is this still where you get your oral Cet that you use topically? Thanks!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I never said I was a good responder. I said I saw positive signs which are less burning sensation, sebum control, . and thats a good sign isnt it?I don’t have the regrowth(yet?) some experienced. Maybe few sparse terminals .I use ceti for 68days exactly. so I can’t say yet if it works or not should I see result already? dunno. that said even if I don’t see miracle in coming month that does not mean it won’t work for others. I’ll keep you up to date though. I just apply ceti once a day (1ml) mixed In water after the shower(clean scalp / acid salycilic shampoo for sebum) It makes hair damp obviously and I apply minoxidil on top of it.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, @jamesbooker1975 , I tried to look up pillsforall, but the website no longer exists. Is this still where you get your oral Cet that you use topically? Thanks!
I just enter into the site, are you sure you are going to pillsforall.io ?
This is the oral drop :
cetirizine_drops.jpg

buy-cetirizine-lotion.html

Last edited:

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Even in the newer study they use 96% ethanol for their cetrizine as vehicle.. so i don't see a reason to not use a alcohol vehicle

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even in the newer study they use 96% ethanol for their cetrizine as vehicle.. so i don't see a reason to not use a alcohol vehicle
It was already posted many times the reason and the study showing what will happen. May be, if they didn't use the ethanol, they will get better results.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal view is its not 100% clear whether it can be mixed in alcohol. That study also said Cetirizine can react with PG and Glycerin but there are many solutions available over the counter that mix cetirizine and these two alcohols.

I think the best way is to use a premade solution, like the zyrtec one, or mix it only with water or very low concentration of alcohols. I use it mostly with water but i add also add K&B solution and a small amount of PG. You could try just water with a bit of DMSO if you are worried.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal view is its not 100% clear whether it can be mixed in alcohol. That study also said Cetirizine can react with PG and Glycerin but there are many solutions available over the counter that mix cetirizine and these two alcohols.

I think the best way is to use a premade solution, like the zyrtec one, or mix it only with water or very low concentration of alcohols. I use it mostly with water but i add also add K&B solution and a small amount of PG. You could try just water with a bit of DMSO if you are worried.

Yes, you are right. The oral drops I use contain Glycerine and PG .

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I was already on a strong regimen with good regrowth and maintenance but i have seen more strengthening of smaller hairs lower at the hairline. I recently cut my hair short and think overall density has improved slightly but this is always difficult to tell. Just started using a 2.5% solution too.