Degradation of Cetirizine in alcohol vehicles!

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@IdealForehead Did you ever start using a topical loradatine?

One thing I find confusing is that the study re: cetirizine degradation says that it can react with low Contact of cetirizine should be avoided with alcohols having a molecular weight less than 100, such as methanol, ethanol, isopropanol and glycerine. But I have seen a lot of examples of cetirizine being used in oral solutions with glycerine and PG. So I don't really know what to think. I have gone back to using a vehicle with a low concentration of ethanol and seems to be working okay.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

One thing I find confusing is that the study re: cetirizine degradation says that it can react with low Contact of cetirizine should be avoided with alcohols having a molecular weight less than 100, such as methanol, ethanol, isopropanol and glycerine. But I have seen a lot of examples of cetirizine being used in oral solutions with glycerine and PG. So I don't really know what to think. I have gone back to using a vehicle with a low concentration of ethanol and seems to be working okay.

Yes, the oral drops I use ( 1 % ) contain Glycerine plus propilen Glycol .

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @jamesbooker1975 where do you het the drops from? Are they definitely 1%? A lot of the liquid solutions i have seen are 1mg cet per 1ml. Which as i understand is not 1% but much less.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah but you can't use loratadine. Loratadine is a prodrug which is converted into desloratadine in the liver I believe.

You need to use desloratadine which i use at 1% in my compounds. But I haven't had purity testing yet so I can't guarantee its legit.

I do so many things it's impossible to say what's doing what.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you even that sure about it?

In the 1% study for Androgenetic Alopecia they used mainly ethyl alc as vehicle.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows it going with the cetirizine by the way? Also what is the solution like, would it work in a spray bottle?

The solution is oral drop, yes, you can use it on a spray bottle but that is the worst way to apply it, you will waste product.
I doing good, I still can't believe that it grew hair where almost 20 years of finasteride and then dutasteride were not available to grew it ( that plus minoxidil, ketoconazole, etc ) .

So, if it grow me hair where I did not have it for more than 20 years, wonder what it can do to a person that just started to loose it or only a couple of years ago loose it.
Plus, even if it grew one more hair, it means that will stop any further hair loss , and all that without any side effect.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The solution is oral drop, yes, you can use it on a spray bottle but that is the worst way to apply it, you will waste product.
I doing good, I still can't believe that it grew hair where almost 20 years of finasteride and then dutasteride were not available to grew it ( that plus minoxidil, ketoconazole, etc ) .

So, if it grow me hair where I did not have it for more than 20 years, wonder what it can do to a person that just started to loose it or only a couple of years ago loose it.
Plus, even if it grew one more hair, it means that will stop any further hair loss , and all that without any side effect.

Cheers mate, do you buy the 6 bottles? Its not cheap and that would probably only last 2 to 3 months.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to follow the study that's only 1ml once a day... I don't know why people use it 2 times perd day?! where did that come from? it looks useless, because with 1 application I already see positive signs: 1st of all: my scalp looks "cleaner" sebum wise. and I see few tiny hairs popping up. Some members had this but then it stagnated so now let's see what will happen in coming month. will they turn terminal? will this thicken up existing hairs? I will definitely know myself if this works or not rather than reading / waiting other ppl experiments. At worst I would have lost few bucks:D

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to follow the study that's only 1ml once a day... I don't know why people use it 2 times perd day?! where did that come from? it looks useless, because with 1 application I already see positive signs: 1st of all: my scalp looks "cleaner" sebum wise. and I see few tiny hairs popping up. Some members had this but then it stagnated so now let's see what will happen in coming month. will they turn terminal? will this thicken up existing hairs? I will definitely know myself if this works or not rather than reading / waiting other ppl experiments. At worst I would have lost few bucks:D

Cause with 2ml I can cover my whole scalp. I even want to find the raw power and make a 5 % lotion.
But , yes, 1 % 1ml can do the job

I my case was terminal new hair, was kind amazing cause I have being using ton of stuff since 1996 . Even the old combo of spironolactone plus minoxidil both orals ! ( yes , stupid thing , 16 years ago ) . With all the thing I have being used I saw increase on the amount of hair where I already have plus not more receding. But this is of having new hair in the dead zone ( in the zone you go from Norwood 3 to a norwood 0 ) is simple amazing. Now, keep in mind I don't have hair in that zone since 1995-1996 , so the amount of new hairs is not amazing, but there are there, they are new and are all terminal .

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cause with 2ml I can cover my whole scalp. I even want to find the raw power and make a 5 % lotion.
But , yes, 1 % 1ml can do the job

I my case was terminal new hair, was kind amazing cause I have being using ton of stuff since 1996 . Even the old combo of spironolactone plus minoxidil both orals ! ( yes , stupid thing , 16 years ago ) . With all the thing I have being used I saw increase on the amount of hair where I already have plus not more receding. But this is of having new hair in the dead zone ( in the zone you go from Norwood 3 to a norwood 0 ) is simple amazing. Now, keep in mind I don't have hair in that zone since 1995-1996 , so the amount of new hairs is not amazing, but there are there, they are new and are all terminal .

With 1ml I cover all my scalp but I must admit I shave my hairs (3mm buzz cut) so it’s easier to apply. It's done in 10sec!. actually I bought 5gr of raw powder at my local pharmacist. there were different suppliers and my pharmacist just picked the cheapest one obviously. in my country you can buy it over the counter but generally the tablets… So she was wondering what I would do with this because like all drugs it can be dangerous and they are responsible but I just explained her. I was the first ever to buy her this stuff, can you believe it ; ) anyway I don’t know If I will up the dosage because like I said I see positive signs already at 1% and I don’t know if more is better. I would stick to the study for the moment

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
With 1ml I cover all my scalp but I must admit I shave my hairs (3mm buzz cut) so it’s easier to apply. It's done in 10sec!. actually I bought 5gr of raw powder at my local pharmacist. there were different suppliers and my pharmacist just picked the cheapest one obviously. in my country you can buy it over the counter but generally the tablets… So she was wondering what I would do with this because like all drugs it can be dangerous and they are responsible but I just explained her. I was the first ever to buy her this stuff, can you believe it ; ) anyway I don’t know If I will up the dosage because like I said I see positive signs already at 1% and I don’t know if more is better. I would stick to the study for the moment

You are a lucky one !!! Yes, I don't understand why not most people use this.
After I read the Costarely study of 2012 and the 2017 study on cetirizine, it all goes sense. And now, after I saw this new hairs in places that did not have hair more than 20 years ago ! I am a believer :)

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey, i use the ''60 pills crushed and filtered version'' but i would prefer raw powder. I live in canada you ? i checked at pharmacies but no way i can find raw cetirizine pwder here, maybe on internet

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, i use the ''60 pills crushed and filtered version'' but i would prefer raw powder. I live in canada you ? i checked at pharmacies but no way i can find raw cetirizine pwder here, maybe on internet
May be someone is willing to give you a prescription to compound it in a local pharmacy ? Canadian customs are to hard .

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May be someone is willing to give you a prescription to compound it in a local pharmacy ? Canadian customs are to hard .

i can ask my doctor when i see him but i really doubt he makes prescriptions of cetirizine raw powder... and you are right i checked on google and cant find i canadian provider where you can buyt it

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

still using cetirizine oral drop ? i was wondering if it makes your hair greasy... and is there any sugar or stuff in it since its cherry taste..

60 crushed pilll give me white residue on my hair even if its filtered..

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh wow. That's so cool. I never thought of that. If it's an over the counter drug, then maybe you wouldn't need a prescription to buy powder from the pharmacist over the counter either. Do you mind saying what country? Did you have to push the pharmacist much about it?

I might start trying to ask around. I already have some Chinese desloratadine powder. But I'd rather have legit pharma desloratadine powder.

For a point of reference though, this could be very expensive. I tried to get my mom to request a 1% desloratadine solution prescribed by her doctor as her hair is thinning with age. I didn't want her using my Chinese stuff since I haven't tested it yet and I can risk my health but I don't want to risk hers.

She took it to a compounding pharmacy and they wanted $140 or so for 40 mL. That's like 2 weeks supply. Insane price.

But maybe the raw powder wouldn't be such a price gouge. If they're willing to sell it ...

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow. That's so cool. I never thought of that. If it's an over the counter drug, then maybe you wouldn't need a prescription to buy powder from the pharmacist over the counter either. Do you mind saying what country? Did you have to push the pharmacist much about it?

I might start trying to ask around. I already have some Chinese desloratadine powder. But I'd rather have legit pharma desloratadine powder.

For a point of reference though, this could be very expensive. I tried to get my mom to request a 1% desloratadine solution prescribed by her doctor as her hair is thinning with age. I didn't want her using my Chinese stuff since I haven't tested it yet and I can risk my health but I don't want to risk hers.

She took it to a compounding pharmacy and they wanted $140 or so for 40 mL. That's like 2 weeks supply. Insane price.

But maybe the raw powder wouldn't be such a price gouge. If they're willing to sell it ...

Central Europe. No I did not push that much I just explained how I would use it and why. You know it’s just explaining you make the 1% which is the oral dose for allergies but you will apply on your hairs and you need a "clean" preparation with only the drug as ingredient. so she sold me the powder. But to be fair my pharmasist trusts me and she is pharmacist for my family for a while so I’m pretty sure I would have had 4 no for 1 yes in other pharmacies. one thing pharmacist can do too is to keep the powder you bought and make the preparation when you go at pharmacy for new batch. Obv you will just pay the vehicle and preparation a few bucks. So he always "controls" what he sells and will accept more easily. but I think it's worth it, you have the legit 1% stuff and no worries to have about fillers and concentration