Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair is confusing me again. Got my hair locked in for the first time, and it looked quite terrible when just done, very diffuse- while before the twisting the hair looked much better- could tell by the reaction of everyone they didn't' expect my hair to be that bad. That was a week or so ago though, now it has started to grow out already, and my hair is full with short hairs in between the dreads which looks quite weird, and with the same thinning pattern + receding hairline of coarse. Weird thing is that the receding hairline bothers me much less than the diffuse thinning (could be cause of the frontal regrowth though) but yeah, both suck. Pics will be added another time. Hopefully I will regrow some lost hair soon!

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus, it seems like you just can't get a break, must be head melting, hopefully things work out, brah, chin up.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, doing my best about it. And yeah, it seems like problems just keep on popping up everywhere.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Pic of how things are going (fyi: bad)

Attachments

• IMAG0861-1.jpg
    IMAG0861-1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 502
  • IMAG0871-1.jpg
    IMAG0871-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 489
  • IMAG0864-1.jpg
    IMAG0864-1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 499

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend wants me to cut the locks... And I'm probably gonna do it. Pics will be made when its done. Not looking forward to it :/ but am gonna stsrt growing out a new set of dreads if nature lets me...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Thing is, I wanna start growing out again, but I don't know if I will have enough hair to do this again in 2 years... :(

Also, am slacking with minoxidil a lot currently, mostly cause Im with my girlfriend pretty much 24/7. So it's finasteride only mostly right now. Still am a hat-prisoner to. Am very very diffused now, though there are definitely a few new locks at the front. They just look... VERY out of place with the amount of diffusion thinning I have. Am praying that I can still regrow to a full head of hair with a NW2 hairline...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: the hair has been cut. But only recently, and against my own will actually... But that's beside the point (as I'm gonna grow it out again), the hair is still looking thin, but am maintaining with Finasteride alone currently. Haven't used minoxidil because of financial issues but want to start using it soon, hoping to regain some thickness on top. But hopefully Finasteride can do this on it's own, as I never gave it a good chance before, I just jumped on dutasteride after a few months cause I expected huge results quickly I guess...

Can't make pics now, but will try to do so later. I look terrible atm now anyway as the sides are completely bald (the dreads were too close to the scalp) but still have about 10cm hair on top, so am gonna grow that out and then post pics. (Yes this means I'm still a head prisoner). Thing is, even though the dreads where cut against my will, I see it as a good oppertunity for the newly regrown shorter hairs to catch up with the rest of the hair. With less contrast in lenght, maybe this will give better coverage?

No changes in regime otherwise besides starting MSM a few days ago (4 tabs of 750mg) to make my hair grow faster. Hopefully I have my big mane back quickly, fuller than ever. :hairy:

- - - Updated - - -

In all actuallity, the short hair makes my hair look worse even than before... Hopefully it'll still grow, cause I'm still in great pain that I had to cut my hair. Would do anything to make it grow back, and it pains me that I'm still not improving anything. It kinda kills my hope. :(

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
So, things still ain't improving... Guess I'm gonna lose this fight badly if I don't use Minoxidil... Still got no extra cash to spend on it though. Life sucks...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Deadlocks shoot me a PM and I'll help you out with the costs on the minoxidil.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
No, no pics yet. Sorry, might be able to upload them later. And Admin, I might be late by replying to this, and I'd appriciate your help, but problem is: I live in Europe, and I have no credit card or anything. So I don't think you could help me, but again, it's appriciated.

Hair is weird. Still have weird patchyness on the sides, and hair on top is thinner. Also seem to be greying a little more? Hairline is 'slightly' improving, overall hair density is less than before. Still diffused. And on weird places, that don't really seem to be making sence compared to my earlier type of hairloss. Which was mostly just receding. Overall, I don't really think I can compare it now as how it was, since I think I'll need to grow it out more for that.

Am still on finasteride though, as my prescription is free. Mostly use 1.25 mg, but sometimes take 2.5 if I'm feeling paranoid. Definitely feel I need the minoxidil for future succes though. So as soon as my financial situation sees it fit, I'll be on it again. Also am using Alpecin shampoo, as the weaker version of the product is quite affordable, but don't know if it's really working or not yet. Am still using my first bottle, and might opt for the stronger version later if again, my financial situation is stable. Which is pretty much saying: I need to get my lazy *** a job...

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation. Just mentioning people as Admin could buy you minoxidil as a gift from amazon and maybe ebay (I'm not sure about this one ). At least on amazon you can have a wishlist and random users could buy you items so in this case you wouldn't need a credit card. You could still stay anonymous and some really kind people could help you.