Dating Advice For An Ugly Friend Of Mine

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any actual scientific evidence for exfoliation?

When @David_MPN says the magic words.

d96.jpg

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had rashes and itchiness all over since teenhood

Once had a rash on my neck in high school for months. Everyone either thought it was a hickey or a disease :p

Often had red itchy inflamed skin on my bald head too. Sucks

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Cleanse your skin morning and night, then moisturize
2. Always use a broad spectrum SPF of at least 30 every day, reapply every 2 hours when out in the sun
3. Be careful when the sun is at it's highest (10 am - 4 pm), wear hats and sunglasses
4. Exfoliate twice a week
5. Eat a mainly healthy diet and drink a lot of water
6. Get enough sleep

I think these are the most important, at least it's what I follow :)

This all sounds about right to me. Plus tretinoin if you really want to maximize wrinkle prevention, as it's the gold standard right now. Vitamin C serum is also legit but probably less important than tretinoin

I don't exfoliate though tbh, haven't gotten around to researching it

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man this to me is a perfect example of graceful looking male pattern baldness: slightly high but age appropriate hairline
thats not even in the realm of male pattern baldness

thats honorable white man high hairline. oftentimes rugged "heroic" slayers have it like him, aragorn and andrew lincoln ^_^

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
thats not even in the realm of male pattern baldness

thats honorable white man high hairline. oftentimes rugged "heroic" slayers have it like him, aragorn and andrew lincoln ^_^

It's still the early stages of male pattern baldness

Would be ideal for no man to progress beyond this point before the age of 50

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a nw2 - no hair loss as far as I can see.

View attachment 49333

a lot of guys have this hairline naturally. its not always baldness

Man this is no hairloss
ba9706c9568551d9f7fd2f0edb772a82.jpg

Other dude has clearly lost a tad in the traditional male pattern. Granted it's slow, and 99.99℅ of people won't register him as someone who's lost hair, but he has regardless

For all intents and purposes, yes, he is still a fullhead

EvilLocks

Reaction score
This all sounds about right to me. Plus tretinoin if you really want to maximize wrinkle prevention, as it's the gold standard right now. Vitamin C serum is also legit but probably less important than tretinoin

I don't exfoliate though tbh, haven't gotten around to researching it

Yes, you are right. I am aware of vitamin C and tretinoin and use them myself. I just listed the very basics, but if someone really want to get serious about skin care those two are definitely something to consider. My advice for anyone who wants to start using tretinoin is to start with the lowest prescription strength (0.025%), and gradually (over many months to years) work your way up to the 0.05% strength and eventually the 0.01% if you are going hardcore. I am currently using the lowest strength and planning to continue with this for a long time, as I'm young and want to ease into it. Wearing sunscreen every day is also crucial when using tretinoin and also vitamin C, because your skin becomes much more sensitive while using them so you can get a burn more easily and make things worse rather than better.
As for exfoliation I really think most people can benefit from this, and you don't need to buy an expensive one for it to work well either. My 'golden rule' is to put my money on the products that are going to soak into the skin (serums, tretinoin, sunscreen etc), and buy cheaper products that are working on the surface of the skin only (cleanser, exfoliant etc). I'm using an exfoliant from the brand Lumene right now that was really cheap and works really well.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that Fassbender got that hairline from treatments.

Most likely he's holding onto his NW2ish status with some sort of finasteride/min situation.

We see a lot of these dudes in hollywood/public eye sitting at NW1.5-2.5 for decades at a time....which makes sense as that's a common stage for most self-aware men to really notice their hair loss and begin treatment, possibly get a bit of improvement. Then there are those who either got transplants or wear hair systems...miraculously going from clearly advanced loss to fullhead NW1 status

It's the dudes like Brad Pitt, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise that confuse me the most....perpetual NW1's past middle age with zero photo evidence of ever having experienced hair loss....either really smart to have kept it hidden while treatments were working, caught it super early, or extremely genetically blessed

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely he's holding onto his NW2ish status with some sort of finasteride/min situation.

We see a lot of these dudes in hollywood/public eye sitting at NW1.5-2.5 for decades at a time....which makes sense as that's a common stage for most self-aware men to really notice their hair loss and begin treatment, possibly get a bit of improvement. Then there are those who either got transplants or wear hair systems...miraculously going from clearly advanced loss to fullhead NW1 status

It's the dudes like Brad Pitt, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise that confuse me the most....perpetual NW1's past middle age with zero photo evidence of ever having experienced hair loss....either really smart to have kept it hidden while treatments were working, caught it super early, or extremely genetically blessed

i think they are just genetically blessed. Rob Lowe mom and Tom Cruise mom both had thick hair..Pitts i cant tell if wig its SO thick almost too thick.
Cruises BIO Father its next to impossible to find photos of him.Crazy I found one.
f0b1cb1e2c14a46729f8fc4ad14717ccbf96e606.jpg
brad-pitt-660.jpg
Rob+Lowe+Chuck+Lowe+Celebrities+their+parents+0fL1g56jWa0l.jpg

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score