Dating Advice For An Ugly Friend Of Mine

EvilLocks

Reaction score
@EvilLocks , I think hair loss made me really aware of everything else (skin, teeth, etc.) And since I am an obsessive kind of person, I do things with passion, I go on crazy regimens and experiments LoL.
What did you think of my skin (I trust you jugement) ?
One want to compensate the lack of control he has on his hair by doing a lot for his skin, body, etc.
Unfortunately, Cyproterone Acetate makes it difficult to control (gives you gain weight, dry skin., fatigue, etc.)
f*****g Hair loss!

I had to revisit the pictures you sent me (the ones without a filter!) to make a judgement on this:
Your skin has good elasticity and clarity, and I see no wrinkles. You do have some minor puffiness/bags under your eyes, though. All in all you have good skin, and I have seen 28 year olds (and younger) looking much older. It's clear you are taking care of your skin, also genetics play a part.

Yes, I think you have a point about the obsessiveness and being really aware of everything on your body. Hair loss is a pretty huge flaw, so I want to make sure the rest of me looks good. Therefore I take care of my skin, I eat healthy and drink a lot of water, try to get plenty of sleep (a bit hard sometimes for an insomniac lol), stay away from smoke/drugs/excessive amounts of alchohol etc. Hair loss is out of our control, but better to control what can be controlled. Also I think a lot of young girls nowadays are sun worshippers who don't take care of their skin, they might have hair but in the future we'll have better skin! ;)

EvilLocks

Reaction score
But IDK if at your age you should use all those things... I fear skni addiction and the skin not being as responsive to the molecules as it should if you use it for years, etc. What do you think about that? At the same time, they will probably discover new things!
I also use q10. The only thing I don't do is exfoliation...

Well, I only use tretinoin, vit C serum and sunscreen, so not too much stuff. I also exfoliate a couple times a week (why don't you?) Anyway, I have done some research on tretinoin and come to the conclusion that it's good to start using in your mid to late 20's (I'm 24). I'm only using the lowest prescription strength (0.025%), and I'm only using it every other night, as I want to ease into it. I've seen a few people who have used tretinoin for 20 years on YouTube and their skin looks amazing. About vit C serum I don't know if I'm going to keep using it, but I'll definitely need some sort of serum as I don't use moisturizer.

blackg

Reaction score
I'm in the UK where we often suffer from vitamin D deficiency so I would be silly to use sunscreen unless it was a very hot day (of which we get around 15 of a year in England).

You English sent all your convicts to the sunniest continent on the planet.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it's easier to be delusional. I've been asking what's wrong with me when I was 13-14, at 17 I realized it's because I was ugly and that looks are everything that matter and will matter. Then I got hair loss at 18 and simply gave up on girls. Not that I talked to them before.

God, when I see 30-year-old virgin incels still thinking about girls and believing about personality, confidence and that crap I just laugh.
If I ever choose for the bald route I will make it my lifes purpose to be like this :

wwe_profiles_hero_bigshow.jpg

Then nobody will be able to say sh*t

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Yes, lets have better skin than those b****s ! We can always tattou our scalp ;) lol
You do good taking care of yourself. You will see, 4 to 5 years from now, it will be more difficult. I noticed a change for the first time of my life at 27!

Haha :)
Yes, I expect to see some changes in my appearance as I approach my late 20's. But I'm going to do my very best to fight them ;) I do think it's possible to look good at every age; maybe not 'hot' or 'sexy', but there is such a thing as aging gracefully. Some people look like utter crap while others look great. It's not possible to look like a 20 year old forever and I don't aspire to, but my goal is to keep my youthful appearance for as long as possible and after that just look 'good for my age' I suppose :) That's the best we can hope for really! But if we take good care of our bodies in every possible way we're a (giant) step ahead of the many women who let themselves go.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
How I feel reading about skincare.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Can someone explain the basics? What's the necessities?

1. Cleanse your skin morning and night, then moisturize
2. Always use a broad spectrum SPF of at least 30 every day, reapply every 2 hours when out in the sun
3. Be careful when the sun is at it's highest (10 am - 4 pm), wear hats and sunglasses
4. Exfoliate twice a week
5. Eat a mainly healthy diet and drink a lot of water
6. Get enough sleep

I think these are the most important, at least it's what I follow :)

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Cleanse your skin morning and night, then moisturize
2. Always use a broad spectrum SPF of at least 30 every day, reapply every 2 hours when out in the sun
3. Be careful when the sun is at it's highest (10 am - 4 pm), wear hats and sunglasses
4. Exfoliate twice a week
5. Eat a mainly healthy diet and drink a lot of water
6. Get enough sleep

I think these are the most important, at least it's what I follow :)
I like that you think I know what these things mean. I will have to google it.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clean your skin on mornings and nights
Hydrate it with cream (anti ageing is best) : apply serum first, then the cream
Use SPF 30 to 50 daily all year long - particularly if you tretinoin or retinol A as a night care
Always wear sunglasses and a hat during summer
exfoliate twice a week
Never vaporise your skin with water and then let it dry - it dehydrates the skin. Always moisturize after you vaporised.

That's the basics I think

What's the point in vitamin c serum?

Is this what you mean?

I heard it can reduce circles under eyes, that's the only reason I'd use it.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Is there any actual scientific evidence for exfoliation?
Here is an article which explains the benefits of exfoliation:
http://awomanshealth.com/the-importance-of-exfoliation/
I don't know about scientific evidence (I'm sure there is some), but my skin feels and looks much better when I exfoliate regularly. It gets rid of the dead skin cells sitting on top of your skin and makes it look and feel more smooth and radiant :)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
girls you just need regular facials for great skin

@WhitePolarBear approved

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score