Daniel Craig is about a NW3 and he looks great

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I didn't notice any improvement in the 8 months I was on finasteride.

that may be because you have to give finasteride at least a year, and the best 'improvement' you should expect is that it stops any more hairloss

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do envy you, if you're indeed able to ignore the powerful forces of socialization and culture. However, most of us are not so strong, indeed I am one of those weak-minded humans susceptible to being influenced by the world I live in. Now what matters to me is not so much my own mental and moral shortcomings , but those of people I can't control IE the rest of society.

See the thing is, I'm a pragmatist. I'm not worried about the cosmetic detraction of male pattern baldness per se. In fact I could not care less. It's the discrimination and prejudices I'm going to experience if I continue to lose my hair , that's what I'm worried about. These are MATERIAL costs to my life. You can talk all you want about entirely abstract internalization psychology (used by scams/PUA/and the self-help industry in general like it's the answer to all problems) but confidence is no shield against discrimination.

Now you seem like a well-meaning guy, but if we are to have a debate on this, I'm going to have to point out the contradiction in your persona. You stated that you are able to control your self image , confidence for you comes from your own machinations. Yet you are here, fighting a solely cosmetic curse in balding. Why?

See the thing is, I'm a realist, I'm worried wholly and fully about my body image and couldn't really care less about what "society" in general thinks of my hair.

Perhaps this is down to experience, even as a kid before hairloss, throughout my life, I've had many, many, different people call me out in public for various physical flaws and imperfections. This is simply an inevitable fact of life.

Even if you're a very good looking person, there will always be someone there ready to b*tch and discriminate against you for any minor percieved physical flaw.

So since I realise this is inevitable regardless, I don't worry about it, and focus more on how to deal with it constructively and proactively rather than waste energy and emotion on why it's happening to me or why it's so unfair etc etc.

Thesedays, I actually much prefer having short instead of long, wispy receded hair, it's feels much more liberating having everything out in the open, I look about 10 years younger and I can actually enjoy life, be myself and not worry incessantly about how my hair looks as I used to.

My issues as I mentioned before, lie almost entirely with my body image, I think you've mixed up my "persona" there slightly by the way lol. I'm a shortish, skinny, nw3 guy, in order for me to look normal, truly love myself and 100% accept how I look, I need to put on signficant extra muscle mass, which I'm in the process of doing, but obviously this is not a overnight transition, hence why I am still here, buying extra time by using treatments.

Every case of male pattern baldness is unique and everyone has different reasons for being on this forum, some people want to look like Brad Pitt and Chris Cornell and keep impossibly good looking rockstar hair well into their older years, others like me have more modest ambitions and just want to look normal, i.e. not a short, skinny bald guy with bad head shape.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
See the thing is, I'm a realist, I'm worried wholly and fully about my body image and couldn't really care less about what "society" in general thinks of my hair.

Perhaps this is down to experience, even as a kid before hairloss, throughout my life, I've had many, many, different people call me out in public for various physical flaws and imperfections. This is simply an inevitable fact of life.

Even if you're a very good looking person, there will always be someone there ready to b*tch and discriminate against you for any minor percieved physical flaw.

So since I realise this is inevitable regardless, I don't worry about it, and focus more on how to deal with it constructively and proactively rather than waste energy and emotion on why it's happening to me or why it's so unfair etc etc.

Thesedays, I actually much prefer having short instead of long, wispy receded hair, it's feels much more liberating having everything out in the open, I look about 10 years younger and I can actually enjoy life, be myself and not worry incessantly about how my hair looks as I used to.

My issues as I mentioned before, lie almost entirely with my body image, I think you've mixed up my "persona" there slightly by the way lol. I'm a shortish, skinny, nw3 guy, in order for me to look normal, truly love myself and 100% accept how I look, I need to put on signficant extra muscle mass, which I'm in the process of doing, but obviously this is not a overnight transition, hence why I am still here, buying extra time by using treatments.

Every case of male pattern baldness is unique and everyone has different reasons for being on this forum, some people want to look like Brad Pitt and Chris Cornell and keep impossibly good looking rockstar hair well into their older years, others like me have more modest ambitions and just want to look normal, i.e. not a short, skinny bald guy with bad head shape.

"Even if you're a very good looking person, there will always be someone there ready to b*tch and discriminate against you for any minor percieved physical flaw." exactly i said here before you always get "haters" if its not your hair it be something else when i was younger i had the long hair people here probably dream of having and would love to have YET i was still took the mick out off mop head etc.

Getting annoyed at "society" taking the mick is just pointless...if they had hair they would find something else to complain about if they take the mick out of them having a big nose or ears etc etc would they complain about that as well? when does it end? so many on here are pissed cause of "society" taking the mick thats life folks you think it be all happy and dandy if you had hair?

Like you primo once i realised people take the mick regardless hair or not (i should know) i stopped caring about what others think to.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score