Damnthis' Story (7 years on finasteride, diffuse with pics(05/2007)

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn time flies ... 2 years and 3 months.

everything is still calm, there is no change.

What really still amazes me is how few hairs I lose in a day comparing to how many I would lose 3 or 4 years ago (now: 10- 40 hairs get stuck in my comb; then: 150-250 hairs in the comb (the routine has always been the same, wet my hair in the shower and then comb it)

keep your chin up!

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
2 years and almost 5 months, things go well, there is no change...
but there are always selfconscious moments because the density is not perfect...somedays I think my hair looks awesome somedays I thinks it looks like crap.

I would like to add something to my regimen to maybe increase density a bit. I'm currently using nizoral (shampoo) and finasteride. You can see in my regimen what I used in the past and do not want to use right now (minoxidil is a hassle, I know so is hairloss but I'd like to use the minoxidil (also the mousse) only when I really need to (when things go downhill), I'd prefer something that really adresses one of the underlying causes of baldness and is easy to use...
SUGGESTIONS ARE REALLY APPRECIATED

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
this is off course very unscientific and subjective... but I think my baseline density was around 60 % of the unaffected state, I think now I'm at 80%.
I consider it a big succes because if you look at my signature you can see that baseline was somewhere in 2003 and it's 2007 right now...

Anyone suggestions about my previous entry about what I can add?

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
No suggestions?

I already use finasteride & nizoral and don't want to use minoxidil or saw palmetto,
what can I add...??

thanks

captaineyes

Reaction score
Hi Damnthis. Good to hear your story! Positive news rules. ;)

I read all the posts and thought I'd just ask you to elaborate on the one 'possible' side (softer erection?): Has this gotten any better or worse since it first came around? I've read that even if the sides appear (whatever they are), they tend to go away gradually. Just trying to see how it was for you.

Of course, if you still think it might just be your mind playing tricks on you, I guess that's good enough. After all, the "best" sides must be the ones you're not even sure you have!

Thanks

G

damnthis said:
No suggestions?

I already use finasteride & nizoral and don't want to use minoxidil or saw palmetto,
what can I add...??

thanks

Copper peptides? Revivogen?

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
captaineyes,

I just think it is a litlle softer, but no complaints here and no complaints from the misses (on the contrary), but I do think it has some effect or maybe it is me getting more mature (read older). I also think the climax is a litlle less intens then when I was for example sixteen, but I don't think I can attribute that to the finasteride, when starting finasteride you obsess about the side-effects and the that the climax doesn't go through whole my body that could have been the case even before starting finasteride...

But to put those side-effects in perspective I still have or want to have sex every day...

pffft am I glad this is an anonymous board...

growhairgrow,

the revivogen is a litlle expensive, the copper peptides are those readily available in stores in europe?

blee7370

Reaction score
hi, your story truly inspires me to keep with the big 3..

I'm only 20 and my hair loss is ridiculous. you can see bald patches through my already thin hair all over.

Some pictures would be nice if it's not too much of an ask. It might give me some idea in what to expect to keep IF the regimen actually works..

i'm almost 2 months into it. and its still hard to tell if its working.. my hairline has definitely gotten worse i would say.

G

damnthis said:
growhairgrow,

the revivogen is a litlle expensive, the copper peptides are those readily available in stores in europe?

I remember seeing tricomin spray and folligen spray (basically the same thing) on some online storein the eu, but the url and the name of the store escape me right now.

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
some thoughts concerning the pics, pics are very dependent on lighting, hairlenght, hairstyle, how long ago was it washed with shampoo, etc...

the main thing to remember here is that in my view nothing much has changed (in other words I maintained) and that the drastic shedding pre-treatment has ceased. I could take a picture today (if I had a digital camera) where some thinning is to be seen, because I think on some days my hair today looks like the 2007 pic but on other days it looks worse. And to be able to really compare I should take a pic of the top of my head now.

But it gives an idea...

th0029.jpg

th0170.jpg

thnaamloos2.jpg

thnaamloos.jpg

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
damnthis said:
some thoughts concerning the pics, pics are very dependent on lighting, hairlenght, hairstyle, how long ago was it washed with shampoo, etc...

the main thing to remember here is that in my view nothing much has changed (in other words I maintained) and that the drastic shedding pre-treatment has ceased. I could take a picture today (if I had a digital camera) where some thinning is to be seen, because I think on some days my hair today looks like the 2007 pic but on other days it looks worse. And to be able to really compare I should take a pic of the top of my head now.

But it gives an idea...

0170.jpg

0029.jpg

naamloos2.jpg

naamloos.jpg

Richard Simmons....is that you?

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
no thank you

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
no input/comments about the pictures? nobody?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im not quite sure what you did, but your hair easily looks the best in the 2007 pic. Is that down to the finasteride, do you think? As it says you stopped using minoxidil 2 years ago...

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
bobs,
thnx for the input

flimflam,

yes i did quit minoxidil and yes it must be from the finasteride & nizoral it can't be anything else. Thing is when I wash with shampoo my hair always needs two days before it catches some body, some thickness again. before that it looks lifeless and I guess the 2007 pic was taken after three days of not shampooing.So here is the contradiction: I want to wash it as often as possible with nizoral to keep it but then it looks like sh*t! Hair is such a strange thing.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
damnthis said:
bobs,
thnx for the input

flimflam,

yes i did quit minoxidil and yes it must be from the finasteride & nizoral it can't be anything else. Thing is when I wash with shampoo my hair always needs two days before it catches some body, some thickness again. before that it looks lifeless and I guess the 2007 pic was taken after three days of not shampooing.So here is the contradiction: I want to wash it as often as possible with nizoral to keep it but then it looks like $#iT! Hair is such a strange thing.

Wash it with Loreal XY thickening shampoo before you go out and see how much it can help.

btw hair looks great in 2007, hope it gets better bro!

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
yes but will that not make the nizoral in the scalp inactive, I mean I really
think nizoral is very important. Maybe I should find something I can put in my hair when it is dry to give it a bit more body, any suggestions about that are welcome...

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Damnthis' Story-on finasteride >2 years-now with pics(05/2007)

2 years and seven almost eight months or something:

everything is calm