Damnthis' Story (7 years on finasteride, diffuse with pics(05/2007)

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I did gain hair, mostly thicker, more healthy hair, but probably also new hair...

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
one Year and eight months on generic propecia

Not much to report which is amazingly good news off course.
No shedding, maintaining,... no sides

good luck

I do not post on the forum anymore and I check it only sporadicly(every week), so it's true what they say when things go well people dont come here as often...
Off course I still want to see further developments on the hairloss-front because propecia will not hold off the inevitable forever...

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
u didnt lose any hair from the minoxidil regrowth after u stop minoxidil?????

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
Biglemoncoke,

I don't think I lost a lot of hairs from stopping minoxidil,

read my previous entries for more info about this,
specially the ones from january 22, 2006 and march 25, 2006
If you have more questions just ask...

G

Weepy said:
damnthis said:
I checked my temperature this morning, while lying in bed under my tongue, and it was only 95.7. I'm gonna start monitoring this to check for a thyroid-disorder.

95.7!?! Are you sure?

Bryan that's not unusual to have a temperature of that. my body temperature is typically around 95 degrees.

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
1 year ten months

going strong

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
I am bored nothing to do at work, so I'll just give another update:

one year and eleven months on 1 mg of finasteride

results are awesome, maintaining, very very litlle shedding of hairs which is such a contrast compairing to my pre-finasteride days, more hairs, healthier hairs, no itching etc...

no complaints on the side-effect thing, maybe there is a litlle influence from taking finasteride but it could also be in my head resulting in sometimes a litlle bit of pain when having sex (maybe due to a bit softer erection). If you read the fora you feel strange when you don't get side-effects...
Also my eyes are dryer and that is not an imagination (maybe due to aging although I'm only 26). I can't wear my contacts anymore because my eyes get really irritated and dry then...

feel free to share your experiences, opinions, questions, recommendations etc... I appreciate it

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
via an online pharmacy http://www.Qhi.co.uk (quality health inc.)

and I divide the proscar-pill in five pieces so I get between 0.6 and 1.4 mg each day

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, nice to here you have had good results mate...

when did you experience thickening, regrowth (if any) on proscar...i am in month 7 and although i hardly shed any hair its difficult to say whether its thicker or not.

Energie_man

Reaction score
Be great if you could have added some pics down the line,you know what they say "A pic paints a thousand words"!!

Hope you continue to get results!!

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
If you hardly shed any hair then that is a very very good sign in my opinion. I lost up to 250 hairs each day before finasteride.

I copied the text below from my first entry in this thread:
"in december 2004 i added propecia to my regimen. I didn't shed on propecia and everything was clearing up because the first months untill month five I saw gradual thickening of the hair and the daily fall-out reduced to 60 hairs each day
But in month five and six the shedding started again, the sheds come and go since then and I am now in month nine and I still have those sheds and inbetween the sheds the fall-out doesn't go back to 60 hairs each day but to 150 hairs each day."

a month later approx. month ten or eleven the shedding stopped and the hair started thickening, but it is a slow process hard to detect. I realised my hair thickened because I didn't needed so much time anymore to make it look decent and okay I could tell the thinning was less obvious also. I have never shedded since and the hairs I think are getting a bit healthier still now after one year and eleven months (This could also only be cosmetically because I have my hair pretty long like 10 centimeters so it takes a while before the new/better hairs catch up with the existing hairs)

sorry no pictures dude, I don't have good before pictures anyway so you could only see a good head of hair on the pics I could take now...

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
no temporal loss hence no temporal regrowth

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
2 years and one month: everything is calm

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes i think there will be a minor % of bald men in the future.
lets grow some hair :freaked2: