Cure In 5 Years From Now - Old Member Comes For A Visit

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?
came to visit after long break form the forum, used to be kinda active like 5-6 years ago, i remember the moto used to be "a cure is only 5 years away!"
so im married now with 2 kids lol :p and still bald
any new advances with cure upcoming in the next 5 years? :p

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There won't be a "cure" in the pure sense for literal decades. It's so far off, most people reading this won't be alive to see it.
The best thing on the horizon is hair cloning, which might be possible and viable for most, average men in 15 to 20 years, I'd say.
So either take your finasteride or kiss your hair goodbye.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No cure, but you do have a wife and two kids. Therefore you have already immunized yourself from the most dangerous effects of male pattern baldness. Hair just vanity and hobby now (and warmth if you live in a cold place).

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No cure, but you do have a wife and two kids. Therefore you have already immunized yourself from the most dangerous effects of male pattern baldness. Hair just vanity and hobby now (and warmth if you live in a cold place).

MARRIAGE MYTH
I believe the "once married &/or kids, looks don't matter" myth
is one of the major reasons for problems / affairs / breakups.

Marriage / Kids are only the cherry on top.
Attraction / Love / Care are the relationship foundation.

If we want a loving and fulfilling relationship,
parners should take care of looks (& hair) as on the first date.

The fight is always on and the competition never sleeps,
especially if you have an attractive partner - which we all strive for...

Last edited:

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Randomly came to visit this site after long.and saw this. Hahha had to comment on this.

Start to visit this site around 2005...CureS were just around the corner. And I emphasise cureS. And I remember, I and various others felt so dejected about this 5 years wait.

Trust me if you have this sh*t in your genes (not just developing the mqture hairline) than minoxidil, impotentpill etc would be useless as not only do they make you misersble (you may get wrinkles, low bloodpressure, impotence, gyno, foggy memory and many other things) but ultimately they fail as well

So my advice is
1) there would be no cure in next 4,5 decades. (haha someone said so in 2005, I and many others fucked him over.)
2) Don't bother minoxidil, impotence tablets. They solve nothing and give you additional problems. Problems which would make hairloss least of your worries(Again some one said this and what happened to him, you can guess)
3) Either prepare to go half, full bald or prepare to go hairpiece route. (Same, same)

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has helped many people to keep their hair without side effects.

With all do respect i really think that this statement is pure bullshit. Besides the fact that nobody can actually prove it just like i can't prove also what i'm saying but also i really think that everybody gets sides, to some extent, even if they are minimum and acceptable for most, even if for some sooner or later and nobody can actually prove especially after a prolonged use that finasteride is causing something or not, it could actually be f*****g the natural process of aging, or your genes, or not, or finasteride, or not and we could keep it this way until we die.

I personally just think that for the majority their bodies adapt and they can actually function "normally" without 70% or even more lack of DHT but nobody knows how their lives or health would have been without taking the pill. Once you take it, you take it and just move on, if something happens it can be the pill or maybe because you got old, it would be actually impossible to know after a couple of years of use, even doctors are amazed of what some people go through because of some drugs and have no explanation or solution and blame it on whatever they can, it's impossible and it's best to keep your mind open because you could be in for a lot of surprises, better be prepared for them at least...

We need to evolve more guys, so we can have a better understanding about a lot of things, as sad and vague as it sound, unfortunately is the truth and i personally always preferred it instead of the most sophisticated and comforting lie...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and minoxidil don't do anything herp derp

medications_patient-bqc-1.jpg
medications_patient-lxa.jpg
medications_patient-qfo.jpg

OP, nobody can predict the future, but a lot of advances have been made in just the last 5 years. Better treatment options are coming, and quite possibly a cure soon in the form of hair cloning. Everything seems impossible until it's possible.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and minoxidil don't do anything herp derp

View attachment 143837 View attachment 143838 View attachment 143839

OP, nobody can predict the future, but a lot of advances have been made in just the last 5 years. Better treatment options are coming, and quite possibly a cure soon in the form of hair cloning. Everything seems impossible until it's possible.

Great responder, nice results, wonder how much he would be able to keep it and if he is using something else also

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Randomly came to visit this site after long.and saw this. Hahha had to comment on this.

Start to visit this site around 2005...CureS were just around the corner. And I emphasise cureS. And I remember, I and various others felt so dejected about this 5 years wait.

Trust me if you have this sh*t in your genes (not just developing the mqture hairline) than minoxidil, impotentpill etc would be useless as not only do they make you misersble (you may get wrinkles, low bloodpressure, impotence, gyno, foggy memory and many other things) but ultimately they fail as well

So my advice is
1) there would be no cure in next 4,5 decades. (haha someone said so in 2005, I and many others fucked him over.)
2) Don't bother minoxidil, impotence tablets. They solve nothing and give you additional problems. Problems which would make hairloss least of your worries(Again some one said this and what happened to him, you can guess)
3) Either prepare to go half, full bald or prepare to go hairpiece route. (Same, same)

FKDUP,

How old are you now, and were you on these forums in 2005? How did being on the forum back then compare to now?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?
came to visit after long break form the forum, used to be kinda active like 5-6 years ago, i remember the moto used to be "a cure is only 5 years away!"

I have no idea about new treatments since I've never read up on it but I think a "cure" may not be far, possibly within a decade but also costly. This is what others have told me who have read up on it. Whether that gives you a full head in time for your prime years I don't know. As one user said it's all about prevention (finasteride) and if you let yourself go bald by not taking the medication or if you got sides, it's just a long way back right now unfortunately and impossible to get full natural coverage. finasteride is the only virtual cure in many people if taken early, for now.

I will finish though by saying you probably have the biggest gift of all in life, a real family of your own.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all do respect i really think that this statement is pure bullshit. Besides the fact that nobody can actually prove it just like i can't prove also what i'm saying but also i really think that everybody gets sides, to some extent, even if they are minimum and acceptable for most, even if for some sooner or later and nobody can actually prove especially after a prolonged use that finasteride is causing something or not, it could actually be f*****g the natural process of aging, or your genes, or not, or finasteride, or not and we could keep it this way until we die.

I personally just think that for the majority their bodies adapt and they can actually function "normally" without 70% or even more lack of DHT but nobody knows how their lives or health would have been without taking the pill. Once you take it, you take it and just move on, if something happens it can be the pill or maybe because you got old, it would be actually impossible to know after a couple of years of use, even doctors are amazed of what some people go through because of some drugs and have no explanation or solution and blame it on whatever they can, it's impossible and it's best to keep your mind open because you could be in for a lot of surprises, better be prepared for them at least...

We need to evolve more guys, so we can have a better understanding about a lot of things, as sad and vague as it sound, unfortunately is the truth and i personally always preferred it instead of the most sophisticated and comforting lie...

My grandpa is 80, has prostate cancer and guess what, my mum was surprised and commented on his amazing hair growth today. It works.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?

It's been replaced with the pursuit of making $$ in the stock market.
That will keep your mind occupied 24/7 believe me...

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?
Hey thanks for coming back to check in...can you elaborate on your experiences dating and how you found your wife? Was it thru a dating site?
Do you shave your head and were you shaved when you met her? Details would be awesome. Thanks and congrats. Hope to follow your lead!

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MARRIAGE MYTH
I believe the "once married &/or kids, looks don't matter" myth
is one of the major reasons for problems / affairs / breakups.

Marriage / Kids are only the cherry on top.
Attraction / Love / Care are the relationship foundation.

If we want a loving and fulfilling relationship,
parners should take care of looks (& hair) as on the first date.

The fight is always on and the competition never sleeps,
especially if you have an attractive partner - which we all strive for...
Ye totally agree. It's funny how people think that once they get married they can completely neglect themselves. Especially today where most of marriage end in divorce, and even sooner rather than later.
I can actually see it among my close people - my brother was married for about 7 years, had 2 kids. He has been balding for years, and I have never seen him care about it, until about 2 years ago, which is about the time they got divorce. He started to really be upset from hairloss and try all kinds of stuff to fight it... It was obvious that the fact he is gonna be single again made him worry about his looks now.

And on this topic, you should watch this, from the king of comedy himself, louis ck:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, but we have to wait 5 more years, there is a lot of paperwork to be done. Most of you guys don't know but that's why Trump removed the funding from Corona, he is shifting everything to hairloss now

Id be okay with that lol