Could I be a candidate for a transplant?

archipelago27

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics attached. I don't mind shaving my head so if I can't, not the end of the world. I am 26 and have been using minoxidil for a few months. I am not willing to use finasteride.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics attached. I don't mind shaving my head so if I can't, not the end of the world. I am 26 and have been using minoxidil for a few months. I am not willing to use finasteride.
You can get some good coverage as I think your donor is good. But have you considered topical finasteride or dutasteride to avoid systemic effects? I ask because they might need you to use an AA if you want to get a transplant

archipelago27

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get some good coverage as I think your donor is good. But have you considered topical finasteride or dutasteride to avoid systemic effects? I ask because they might need you to use an AA if you want to get a transplant
Thanks. Personally, I'm just not comfortable messing with hormonal stuff, and I don't think the buzz looks too bad on me (I usually keep it shorter than in the pics so the contrast is not as bad). So if a 5AR inhibitor is necessary, I'd rather just keep buzzing it. But I would use a receptor antagonist like CB if that turns out to be any good. Just trying to see if I could get away with a transplant without doing anything hormonal.

jackthesmack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would CB work in this case ?

Hair_Cook

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can be a candidate yes. Your donor looks intact and you have somewhat hair on your top even though it is not much as you can figure out. You can try the big3 before getting a hair transplant or concurrently attack the situation. My best

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your hair stabilized in the past couple of years? I think you could be a good hair transplant candidate, which city do you live in? Might be some great doctors around you.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If you don't take finasteride or any other AA's it is hard to say. At the moment your donor capacity looks good, but without finasteride, maybe your hair loss accelerates and you thin there, maybe not.

I think you are a transplant candidate as long as your donor region remains stable.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but if you don't wanna get on finasteride you will probably need about 2 more transplants down the road. Speaking from experience.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, do simple math. Calculate how many follicles/hair you thought you lost and how much you can get transplanted.
Also, if you have being use it minoxidil for a " few month " and without anything else, like tretinoin ( a must ) or ketoconazole shampoo, you don't even have the full knoweldge of what you can actually regrowth/keep with medicine.
Thanks. Personally, I'm just not comfortable messing with hormonal stuff, and I don't think the buzz looks too bad on me (I usually keep it shorter than in the pics so the contrast is not as bad). So if a 5AR inhibitor is necessary, I'd rather just keep buzzing it. But I would use a receptor antagonist like CB if that turns out to be any good. Just trying to see if I could get away with a transplant without doing anything hormonal.
"I don't think the buzz looks too bad on me" once you get a hair transplant, not matter how good it is, you get scars . So cut it really short will make the visibles .

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, do simple math. Calculate how many follicles/hair you thought you lost and how much you can get transplanted.
Also, if you have being use it minoxidil for a " few month " and without anything else, like tretinoin ( a must ) or ketoconazole shampoo, you don't even have the full knoweldge of what you can actually regrowth/keep with medicine.

"I don't think the buzz looks too bad on me" once you get a hair transplant, not matter how good it is, you get scars . So cut it really short will make the visibles .
I get the sides and back buzzed with no guard after 2 transplants I don't have any visible scars. Stop trying to scare him

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get the sides and back buzzed with no guard after 2 transplants I don't have any visible scars. Stop trying to scare him
Lol, please explain us how you can remove a follicle without leaving and scar. Cuting a sking without living an scar ?! hair transplant a s surgical procedure, ALL surgical procedures leave scars and have their risks.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, please explain us how you can remove a follicle without leaving and scar. Cuting a sking without living an scar ?! hair transplant a s surgical procedure, ALL surgical procedures leave scars and have their risks.
Learn about FUE my guy. The scars that it leaves aren't noticeable to be any concern. Like I said - buzz with no guard, no one can see a thing. Stop arguing for arguing sake, I presented a fact from my own real life experience.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the scar must be left on the outer layer of the skin and the hair to skin contrast must be more than moderate to notice FUE scars at a 1 guard. No everyone displays visible scars. Looks like almighty is not too mighty.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Learn about FUE my guy. The scars that it leaves aren't noticeable to be any concern. Like I said - buzz with no guard, no one can see a thing. Stop arguing for arguing sake, I presented a fact from my own real life experience.
Welcome to reality :
OIP.jpg