Copper Peptides Vs Minoxidil

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jay2k6
I rate sods in the following order prox-N, tricomin, folligen.

Note that Dr. Proctor (prox-N) was the first to use sods for hairloss treatments. He was the first to apply for a patent for any generic copper peptide/sod for hair loss.
Tricomin inventor (Pickart) got the patent for the peptide for hairloss. They went through FDA phase trials 1 and 2. There are some before and after pictures (I haven't seen any for folligen for hair loss as of today). Tricomin got the patent for the particular peptide when Dr. Proctor's generic patent was pending.

Neither Pickart (folligen) nor Dr. Proctor can use the particular peptide used in tricomin because of this.

I would suggest using proxiphen-N and tricomin.

BTW, tricomin costs 48$. Use a dropper and apply 1ml a day (don't use the sprayer it came with ) directly on your scalp. This way you are spending 8$ per month for tricomin (180 ml total).

CCS

Reaction score
prox-N smells so good

if you use the 10 drops suggested, a month supply lasts 3 months, and you don't need cologne. I love the smell of that stuff. It is kind of an almondy smell florl smell.

a full mL of tricomin for $8 per month? that is not bad. They give you 180 mL? 6 oz? That is generous. How many mL is in a folligen container, and how much does it cost?

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
Tricomin inventor (Pickart) got the patent for the peptide for hairloss. They went through FDA phase trials 1 and 2. There are some before and after pictures (I haven't seen any for folligen for hair loss as of today). Tricomin got the patent for the particular peptide when Dr. Proctor's generic patent was pending.

Neither Pickart (folligen) nor Dr. Proctor can use the particular peptide used in tricomin because of this.

Did Pickart invent Tricomin or Folligen? Your statement condradicts itself. Which patent....aw you know what....it doesn't even matter. On this thread alone I've now heard people swear by folligen and others swear by tricomin.

Can a moderator or somebody with more than a mere opinion shed some light here?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chrome,
Dr. Pickart worked for Tricomin and invented the peptide (got the patent for tricomin).
After that he quit Tricomin and started his own company and started making folligen.

Hope this helps. BTW, I have used folligen in the past and currently using tricomin. Unless someone compares folligen and tricomin in a clinical study we will never know.
Nevertheless, tricomin went through FDA trials (phase 1 and 2) and conducted a clinical study.
So make your own decisions. Perhaps like some of the posters here use folligen in the night and tricomin in the morning.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof,

thanks for the info. Your response should be displayed as an example to all as a post that is factual, with a balanced and rationalized opinion. Unfortunately a rarity lately on this board.

Felk

Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan, techprof.

Im going for folligen for cost reasons mainly, but I also use prox-n.

Prox-n is the clear choice for me, except its expensive if you want to apply it over your entire scalp. It spreads super well and lasts ages if you stick to the 8 - 10 drops though. Its got growth stimulators that the others dont have. I think prox-n on thinnest areas + tricomin or folligen on the whole scalp is the best combo.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
I've reread this thread, and it seems as though the products that many people are claiming to use, don't match up with the prices that they claimed to pay.....at least from what I gathered from the products here on HairLossTalk.com. Can I get a recommended variant of each product (ie. Folligen spray vs. the cream) and where to get it?

I also could not find prox-n here on HairLossTalk.com.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, i'm thinking of buying the L- form of those amino acids, and adding L- arginin, and buying curpic chloride (even if i have to steal it from my lab, look up the price in the merk index, and leave an annonymous donation to my prefessor, who personally owns most of the equipment), and mixing it and using NaOH HCl and a pH probe to get the pH to where the patent stays is best, and then diluting this with the right stuff. I'll figure that all out next month, but right now i'm buying the folligen for my whole head and the prox-n for my thin areas. I've seen the cupric chloride in the chemical cabinet. There is plenty so they won't have to order more soon. just got to find out the price per gram and give $10 extra. Patent, smattent. Only applies to retailers.

CCS

Reaction score
i'll buy one bottle of tricomin just so I can test the pH find out how much copper is in it. Selective precipitation reaction or atomic absorption spectroscopy? I wonder what else I can find out about it, besides how it feels compared to folligen. I heard bad stuff about the carrier liquid in the placebo in the FDA trials, so I'll have to pick something else to mix it up in.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
college - I'm glad you are on this site and are devoted to answering questions and doing all of your individual research on products. Thanks for the hard work and your objective analysis.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
So in conclusion........??

Which folligen product best I use? And when do I use it?

When do I use prox-n (L-version) if I'm going to use both folligen [insert product type here] and prox-n within my regimen?

Thanks. The answers to these q's should do it for me...for now.

CDF

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chrome my suggestion would be to use prox-n in the AM as it dries very fast.
use folligen spray in the PM as it turns your scalp green.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
use folligen spray in the PM as it turns your scalp green.

Green......?!?

Cripes and blimey, for how long? Until the next time I wash? How am I supposed to get a piece of a$$ at night looking like a mutant ninja turtle? :x

Hey does anyone have any info on whether or not taking copper orally has any effects?

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to http://www.lef.org

There was no prox-n or any version of it there that I saw.

I'm not sure what the name of the product is....is it Dr Proctor's Advanced Hair Formula Item Catalog Number 00321?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Patent, smattent. Only applies to retailers.

No, it applies to everyone.

Bryan

CCS

Reaction score
you better tell old baldy to stop putting finasteride or dutasteride on his head. i read the merk patent, and that is a violation. what is really funny is when merk specified what molecular variations of finasteride are under the patent, one of them included dutasteride, though not by name.

ok. but in case any patent police come on this site, my official statement for the record is that i will not make my own tricomin. the list of inactive ingredients is too long.

aren't tricomin peptides in triples? so just doing the L form might not be enough. I have a friend who is a molecular and cellular biology professor. he knows how to make any DNA base sequence he wants, and told me it is common knowledge, but that the only question researchers have is "what sequence should we make?". I'm sure he can tell me how to do a controlled peptide bonding reaction. I just hope there aren't any fancy chemicals or equipment or procedures involved. oh, and I met the guy at a coffee house. he was trying to get me to recruite people to a pyramid scam he had already fallen for, because he does not like how much his job pays him. he also has to do his grad student's work for them because they slack off and the project is his responsibility. I'm sure I can work a deal with him and get myself some good job experience. last I talked to him he was trying a different get rich fast scam and trying to recruit me again.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
oh, and I met the guy at a coffee house. he was trying to get me to recruite people to a pyramid scam he had already fallen for, because he does not like how much his job pays him. he also has to do his grad student's work for them because they slack off and the project is his responsibility. I'm sure I can work a deal with him and get myself some good job experience. last I talked to him he was trying a different get rich fast scam and trying to recruit me again.

College,

Seriously, you do have loads of good pertinent info on any post that I've read of yours. You've got a good head, and a very objective way of disseminating information, which I look forward to when I get on a thread. This quote here is a good amount of info that you're providing, however I'm not sure what any of this has to do with this post, or any post on this board.