Considering hair transplant later this year, would like some input please

LFC

Reaction score
They feel fine to be honest, main thing i feel is just general tightness as you'd expect, as if someone's got you in a vice or as if a bear's grabbed you by the skull. Got some Vicadin painkillers from Dr Feller too, he said to use them before i get any pain (rather than waiting for the pain as it'd be quite bad!). My scar should be quite good he said as well, he did 28cmx1cm but he said my scalp was very flexible etc. Just hoping everything goes well and i get the top coverage i'm after, it's nice to know i've got plenty of donor (albeit thin calibre donor) for the future, Dr Feller expects me sides to drop at some point so there's hair left to use another time round. Just adjusting to sleeping upright at the min, made a den on the floor lol and leaning against the bed making sure nothing touches the grafts. I can lean comfortably on the donor suture, bandage will be off tomorrow though. During graft placement, i had a headrest under the donor area and there was no sensation due to the anaesthetic. That'll have worn off now but i still don't feel a thing :)

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Best wishes LFC. Keep us updated. :) When are you travelling back?

LFC

Reaction score
Sunday night flight, it's quite awkward as i look like a freak haha. Worried about wearing the baseball cap because i don't suit it and it's very easy to blow off. Bit worried about people knockin me on the plane etc, i'm 6'4 so there's a lot of me to squeeze past etc, people lifting bags and everything. I might put on an act like i'm a psycho etc and keep people at a good distance :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
They'll probably ask you to take it off going through customs.

LFC

Reaction score
Head's a bit swollen from yesterday, quite normal for 48 hours post surgery so i'm told. Flight back was horrible, packed plane, very warm etc. Had a baseball cap on the way Dr Feller showed, touch wood i haven't lost any grafts so far! They're growing quite quickly, they'll probably fall out this time next week before going into their resting stage. I'm a bit concerned about the crown area, Dr Feller didn't go all the way back as he didn't want to use too much donor at the min, just got a feeling the crown is gonna be too thin. I'll put up pics later. I also need to decide whether to let the top grow back normally or just shave the whole lot. I'm leaning towards shaving. Been washing with a cup like instructed, today is the first day i'm meant to be able to shower normally but i'm gonna give it another couple of days i think - gonna soak my head in the bath instead i think, have some shampoo in it and generally degrease. I'm glad i'm self employed as there's no way i'd go to work with how i look at the min :(

LFC

Reaction score
Well i'm at one week today, what should i be expecting by this time? The redness has gone and most of the swelling from my face has too, no shedding or crusting on the grafts themselves, just feels like bad beard stubble still. I know they'll go into their resting state at some point but will all the hairs drop out when that happens or just have no growth? Staples most likley coming out on Sunday or Monday

LFC

Reaction score
Staples came out yesterday, wasn't as bad as i thought it'd be. A few were a bit sore, the others were pretty much painless. Starting to get come crusting/scabbing on the grafts now so i'm guessing they'll be shedding soon as it's week 2. Gonna buzz the rest of my hair a little shorter tomorrow hopefully, will get some pics up :)

LFC

Reaction score
Right posting up some pics, the first are from the hotel the same day of the operation clearly showing where Dr Feller has implanted the new hairs

The second lot of pics are the one week mark, i've trimmed the top hair down a bit but haven't shaved due to the staples being in.

The third lot of pics below are approaching the 2 week mark and are after i've shaved the rest down. Quality is a bit hit and miss as i only have my camera phone handy, don't have the cable for my digicam here

I'm going insane stuck in the house, i want to get out a bit more and i'm ok having a cap for that (won't go back to work for a while but i'm self employed so that's no biggie). I don't want my housemate to know what i've had done so i was thinkin about some concealers for the scalp where the hair is now just over 2 weeks. Is this a bad idea? Most likely just be a sprinkle of Toppik. I've also got some MSM that im adding and i'm on Proscar now too (and feeling the sides :( )
Is it a problem that none of the grafts seem to have shed?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont think Toppic will harm the grafts but I dont think it'll do anything to hide the evidence either. You'll just have to wait abit longer until your hair starts growing back a bit.
You could get some shockloss but you've just got to remember this is the worst part of a hair transplant but its only for a short while 3months from now you'll be seeing the improvements and I'm sure you'll be pretty happy come next summer.

LFC

Reaction score
Is it a problem in terms of no grafts really falling? Just going a bit softer (as they're growing a bit i think)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its not a problem they probably will fall out soon.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Still early days, you go out like that or have been wearing a hat?

LFC

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Still early days, you go out like that or have been wearing a hat?

Blend of Dermmatch and Toppik has helped me get away with going out recently. Will post up some pics with concealers at some point :) It's noticeable close up under bright lights so just not staying under bright lights for too long. Been the pub etc and to football with mates who used to rib me about thinning hair, they've just said the cropped look looks good so far so think i'm getting away with it

Petchsky

Reaction score
Sweet, that gives me hope that i can too :jump:

LFC

Reaction score
Been ages since my last update - i've not been taking pics as i've tried to forget about the procedure, can't believe it's 5 months already. These shots are with towel dry hair, lights on, sun shining. My scar is very visible at the min, i buzzed to a grade 3 a couple of weeks ago to see how it was

LFC

Reaction score
My previous pictures seem to have gone - i've got these from the 1 month after stage so people can see where the work was done

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks for the update LFC it looks to be growing in nicely.

How much growth do you think you've seen so far?

Scar still looks a little red. :)

LFC

Reaction score
I've got no idea to be honest, I think some graft have grown in but they need to thicken up a lot which i'm hoping they will. Scar is still red, even upto the 3 month stage it was leaking a plasma type substance.

Edit: Just to add, i found that from the 2 month stage, Fullmore was easily the best concealer to use

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi LFC, glad to see you posting new pictures. I wish you the best, even though I detest strip :( . I trust the redness will subside. Do you intend to keep your hair short?
Another thing I couldnt help noticing. Maybe, its just the angle of the picture, but isnt the strip taken a bit outside the safe zone in the middle?