Considering hair transplant later this year, would like some input please

LFC

Reaction score
Couple of more donor pics as requested by Dr Feller. Washed hair, outside, couple of feet away.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
LFC said:
Couple of more donor pics as requested by Dr Feller. Washed hair, outside, couple of feet away.

Take pictures with the sun behind you. The donor area will come clearer that way.

disco_stu

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
USA= Feller, Rassman, Armani, Berstein, Cole, Umar, Wolf, etc...
USA North= H&W

i would strongly recommend that you meticulously research Dr. Cole. Write to the Georgia State Board of Medical Examiners and ask them for all past and current complaints filed against Dr. Cole. Pay a background search firm to identify all the previous names in which Dr. Cole operated his clinic/incorporated under and if any lawsuits were filed against those clinics and lawsuits filed against the doctor. This will cost you no more than $200. Also, write to the Office of the Attorney General in Georgia and ask them for any information about the doctor.

Did you know that one of the physicians working at his clinic, Truett Bridges, had his license revoked because he had a chemical dependency. The information is available online. These are the ethical and respected surgeons that are performing surgery on you?

http://www.med.ohio.gov/pdf/MFAL/1106MFAL.pdf

Are you aware of the 'Frankenstein style' surgery that Dr. Cole performed on some poor fellow? Read all about it:

http://hairfraud.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Are these surgeons operating on you in your best interests? Do you want this controversy performing surgery on you?

People need to be aware of this controversy. After all, it's public knowledge available on-line.

The purpose of this board is for individuals to voice concerns about doctors so that others may be aware of the controversy surrounding a physician. this will help others formulate their own opinions of the Doctor.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
???? where did Dr. Cole come into the topic? Did I miss something?

LFC

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:

Nope i'm assuming it's a troll to promote competitors of Dr Cole, i'm only seeing Dr Feller at the min :)

It's just under 3 months to my surgery now, my mum and dad will come with me as well - what do we need to do in terms of Visas for a 4 day trip? Thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
LFC said:
It's just under 3 months to my surgery now, my mum and dad will come with me as well - what do we need to do in terms of Visas for a 4 day trip? Thanks

Nothing, just make out you're going for a short holiday, as a non US resident you will be given a form to fill in shortly before landing or when you go through customs at at the Airport.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
LFC said:
Rwt_Raj said:

Nope i'm assuming it's a troll to promote competitors of Dr Cole, i'm only seeing Dr Feller at the min :)

Hi LFC,
Did you get any answer from Dr. Feller why your donor is good for strip only hair transplant?

LFC

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
LFC said:
[quote="Rwt_Raj":2zrbs4lj]???? where did Dr. Cole come into the topic? Did I miss something?

Hi LFC,
Did you get any answer from Dr. Feller why your donor is good for strip only hair transplant?[/quote:2zrbs4lj]

Hi, yeah i did, it's purely down to the graft number with the possibility of future hair transplants - he thinks the loss is too widespread to do a decent job with FUE.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
LFC said:
Rwt_Raj said:
Hi LFC,
Did you get any answer from Dr. Feller why your donor is good for strip only hair transplant?

Hi, yeah i did, it's purely down to the graft number with the possibility of future hair transplants - he thinks the loss is too widespread to do a decent job with FUE.

Sorry, I dont get this.
Your hairloss is less then mine. In fact, lot less then the patient at this link
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47497

It will make all the more sense to go for fue first. If you lose lots of your hair later, you can
a) buzz it all off b) go for more fue and bht c) go for a strip.

Why go for option c) when it is the most restrictive one?
If there is any concern, get fue leaving a central 2 cm wide strip in your donor.
The strip first approach for 2000 grafts makes no sense at all.
Why do you want to foreclose option a) at the very start?

LFC

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
LFC said:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47497[/url]

It will make all the more sense to go for fue first. If you lose lots of your hair later, you can
a) buzz it all off b) go for more fue and bht c) go for a strip.

Why go for option c) when it is the most restrictive one?
If there is any concern, get fue leaving a central 2 cm wide strip in your donor.
The strip first approach for 2000 grafts makes no sense at all.
Why do you want to foreclose option a) at the very start?[/quote:2o0ip5xc]

Strip is more restrictive in terms of buzzing my hair but i'd never do that anyway. I usually go for longer styles. Dr Feller said strip has the best chance of giving me a good result. Cost has nothing to do with it or anything like that, I'm not the expert and from feedback I've seen, Dr Feller is a very trusted surgeon and knows better than me. The reply in the email said:

"Dr. Feller will only perform Strip surgery on you due to your requirementsnow, and long term. FUE only lends itself to small sessions unfortunately, anddue to your age, Dr. Feller feels you are definitely not suited to FUE"

Also I love the idea of beard and BHT like some people do with FUE as well, however, i have a baby face and have never been able to grow a proper beard and i don't have a hairy body either so that is a non starter.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
LFC, whatever you do, take care. Best wishes.

LFC

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
LFC, whatever you do, take care. Best wishes.
Cheers mate.

What kind of flights have UK people gotten for La Guardia? I'll probably fly from Manchester, 4 day trip. Best i've found is 530euros return per adult.

LFC

Reaction score
Flights and accommodation booked, blood test results in and final balance ready to be made when needed :) Very excited but also stressing! Keep analysing my donor expecting the worst :( I'm self employed and have planned to take from Oct 24th til the end of the year off for recovery, maybe more if i can afford it, piling in the work non stop at the min to cover. Fingers crossed this will all be worth it and i'll start living again instead of being a hermit afraid of gettin my hair wet etc

Petchsky

Reaction score
As i'm off there on the 26th jan, any future posts/pictures from yourself will be greatly appreciated LFC. Good luck dude :)

LFC

Reaction score
Well here i am in New York, 2000 grafts done this morning. Dr Feller was gonna aim for 2500-2700 but has gotten good coverage right down the middle of my head from behind the hairline to the crown. He was going to back the crown more but didn't as he wants to save my donor for future loss. He said my donor was abundant but thin calibre, wasn't a problem as such but does make getting good coverage harder. Just need to wait all those months for the results which will HOPEFULLY follow, i'll be taking lots of pics monthly for Dr Feller and will put them on here too. Really nice laid back guy, the staff were great too and i felt very very comfortable during the whole procedure. Will write more later on, absolutely shattered from today - it's very tiring sitting still for that long lol

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Good choice on Feller. The fact that he made an on-the-spot decision about your procedure that worked out to less money for him because it was in your best interest speaks volumes.

LFC

Reaction score
Yeah we'd paid the extr originally but it was refunded. I'm hiding in the hotel for the next few days because the top of my head is where the grafts went and i still have longish hair everywhere else haha. Will just probably buzz the rest off in a couple of weeks.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Glad to hear things went well, you staying in the Andrew hotel?

LFC

Reaction score
Yep fantastic hotel for the price, good room etc. Was an $8 cab ride to Dr Feller's. Went in for a 7:45am start, probably got started at about 8:15 after a char with Dr Feller about history and expectations as well as future plans. He described my loss as more female pattern baldness rather than male, i assured him i'd had no operations done ;) Was finished at about 1:30pm, got a free feed off the staff too which was nice, was a overall pleasant experience (not including the anaesthetic, i hate needle lol). Strip removal was a breeze for me, although i went a little feint - i always do when i lose blood so i expected it. Just having to make sure i don't damage any grafts now, don't fancy venturing outside at all though.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm going to stay indoor for first four days, after that the grafts should be held in real tight.

How the staples feeling?