Considering hair transplant, 26 YR Old, NW2

beatit

Reaction score
I used to post here on another account, but for some reason I cannot access it. Anyway, I was told that I had a mature hairline from SAF, dudemon etc. I am still unsure whether or not I have one!

It has really bugged me for ages, and I am now considering a hair transplant at the front to lower my hairline. I am 26 years old.

5new.jpg

That's my hairline.

Hasson and Wong have told me that they can lower it and make it more straightish for 2000 grafts. They diagnosed me as a NW2. So I guess a hair transplant will bring me down to a NW1.

My hair has been pretty stable for about 2 years, here was my hairline, 2 years ago. (June 2010), I don't think I have lost any ground since.

1.jpg

Here is my hair from a distance:

2new.jpg

This is how Hasson and Wong are willing to lower it:

hlnew.jpg

I have a perfect crown, and no thinning elseware.

Since taking nizoral and toco-8, my shedding has dramatically decreased to 10 hairs in the shower.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
hahaha you think your hair is that bad that you need a transplant?

HairLossFreak

Reaction score
Your hair really is not that bad man, I wouldn't waste your money on a hair transplant. Wait until it gets worse, you will get more for your money this way.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
:agree:

Your hair is about what I would want mine to look like after a transplant. I guarantee you that nearly 100% of the people in the world wouldn't even guess that your hair is thinning. It looks more like a mature hairline to me.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Captain Combover on this one. Adding 2000 grafts to that hairline is a waste of grafts. Did doctors Hasson or Wong give you that assessment or was it their sales rep.
Trust me no one would look at you and say you were balding unless they were a complete idiot or a jealous, narcissistic metrosexual.
If I were you and that concerned I would seek out a doctor who does density and miniaturization exams and have them done once a year. That way you would have a better idea of how it's progressing.

beatit

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Dr Hasson apparently told me that I needed 2000 grafts, in an email sent by their sales rep.

I guess that he is planning to dense pack my hairline from the looks of things.

I cant find a DR over here who does that exam, thats the problem but based on photos I had my most hairloss 2009/2010 - it has been stable since then.

Sigh I can't wear my hair up anymore - hairline is too exposed.

HairLossFreak

Reaction score
beatit said:
Hi guys,

Dr Hasson apparently told me that I needed 2000 grafts, in an email sent by their sales rep.

I guess that he is planning to dense pack my hairline from the looks of things.

I cant find a DR over here who does that exam, thats the problem but based on photos I had my most hairloss 2009/2010 - it has been stable since then.

I wouldn't worry about it, you still have great hair. I am 22 years old and my hair is a little worse than yours, so don't fret about it too much.

9/10 people will not even realise that you are receding. Save your money and get a transplant when you really need it, because you don't know how much worse it is going to get. Sounds like you are being taken advantage of to me.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
beatit said:

I can see that it distresses you but your hair is perfect. I'm assuming someone made a comment about your hairline but the loss is minimal almost nonexistent. All you have to do is look at some of the people on this forum who are your age and younger with really aggressive hair loss and you will probably drop down on your knees and thank the hair gods.

And to all the guys who think they can't wear their hair combed up because you don't have a juvenile hairline anymore I give you the king of the slowly receding hairline he's 60 now and still has pretty good hair.
He is about 30 in the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPiRKbNCWY

beatit

Reaction score
malo said:
beatit said:

I can see that it distresses you but your hair is perfect. I'm assuming someone made a comment about your hairline but the loss is minimal almost nonexistent. All you have to do is look at some of the people on this forum who are your age and younger with really aggressive hair loss and you will probably drop down on your knees and thank the hair gods.

And to all the guys who think they can't wear their hair combed up because you don't have a juvenile hairline anymore I give you the king of the slowly receding hairline he's 60 now and still has pretty good hair.
He is about 30 in the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPiRKbNCWY

Yeah I appreciate there are guys out there with worse loss. And you are right am lucky in that sense, but I guess hairloss of all degrees suck. Right now what concerns me a lot is if I receed further.

Seeing its been stable for 2 years, I am putting off taking propecia. I don't see the point in playing with my hormones right now. At the same time I am tempted in case I get regrowth around my hairline.

Ideally, I am hoping that I can hold out until better treatments become available.

Yep, a friend made a comment the other day, he was like "your hair is becoming like a shark", - given that my hairline is triangular, when pushed up, hair clumps up into the centre of my head. It's really annoying. I just wish my hairline was more straightish.

Yeah - sting rocks it well. The other guy who can rock the receeded hairline look is morressey. That's the trouble with hairloss, the receeded look/hairloss suits some guys well, whilst others it knocks points off their look.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ben. You say your recession has stabilized, so unless there is a history of aggressive hair loss in your family don't do anything.
Do you really want to have a 2000 graft strip surgery at 26 years old? Even if it is by one of the best strip doctors in the world.
Get off these boards and go out and enjoy your life!

Rawtashk

Reaction score
You can style your hair up. You have a stronger hairline than I do, and I still wear mine "up" most of the time.

99 out of 100 people wouldn't even guess that you have any hairloss.

beatit

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
You can style your hair up. You have a stronger hairline than I do, and I still wear mine "up" most of the time.

99 out of 100 people wouldn't even guess that you have any hairloss.

Yeah you are right - most people notice my grey hair if anything.

I guess guys, it is a personal thing.

a) the fear of going cosmetically bald...to the point people start making "you are going bald remarks"

and

b) I just can't style my hair like I used too - have more bad hair days now then before.

beatit

Reaction score
Yeah I admit that I am very lucky in that sense...do you think that I should take propecia? Or would you just keep an eye on it?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
No don't start propecia until you see definite thinning and recession, avoid hair transplant too for now. Just keep an eye on it and take pics every so often to compare.

beatit

Reaction score
SuprisedGuy said:
No don't start propecia until you see definite thinning and recession, avoid hair transplant too for now. Just keep an eye on it and take pics every so often to compare.

Thanks I will do that - but aren't I showing signs of recession?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
beatit said:
SuprisedGuy said:

Thanks I will do that - but aren't I showing signs of recession?

Too early to tell. It looks like you have a normal juvenile hairline. Not everyone is like Brad Pitt and gets to keep the NW1 that they're born with.

Keep an eye on it....but the fact that you say it's been stable for 2 years would lead me to believe that you're not losing your hair, but if you are, it's at a very slow rate.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Oknow, you are still OK now. You don't need any work done. Look I have similar loss than you and I have not done anything yet. I would be more concerned about the gray hairs at your age. Luckily they don't seem to bother you has much as your NW2.

beatit

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Hi Oknow, you are still OK now. You don't need any work done. Look I have similar loss than you and I have not done anything yet. I would be more concerned about the gray hairs at your age. Luckily they don't seem to bother you has much as your NW2.

Thanks Dr House.

Funny you mention the grey hairs, people notice that more then the recession.

Friends are literally trying to get me to dye it....it makes a man look distinguished, so not bothered. Always liked the silver fox look.

beatit

Reaction score
Just had a quote from dr feruduni.

1800-2200 grafts

I think they are willing to do it due to my donor hair being excellent.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow, spend your money on helping your BDD instead. Your hair is fine. Hope you are going for an FUE as I don't think you will like having a linear scar in the back of your head.