Concealer while Swimming...?

MaluLani

Reaction score
Is there a hair loss concealer that stays on while swimming. I love swimming but haven't been able to for awhile cause I don't want people to notice my thinning hair..and i'm only 19 and in college so it is really depressing.

I saw DermMatch, Couvre, and Prothick and all of them say you can swim in them but I want to get feedback first.
Which is the best to help hide medium length hair?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL forget it. Water + Toppik = disaster

You'll just have to wear one of those swimming hats that make you look like a walking condom

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to say from my own experience prothik is the best and it's water proof.
007_zpsf0ce09ce.jpg
Not perfect but good enough after a pool dive and below that after coming in from a rain storm.

upload_2017-7-14_7-44-7.png

upload_2017-7-14_7-48-8.png

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I like about Prothik other then it being water proof which also mattesr in the gym is that I can minimize the product on the hair strand itself.

The problem with most concealers is that they work by adhering to the hair shaft and in my opinion it looks completely fake and it's noticeable as it removes the natural highlights. With a spray product like Prothik I can apply it to the skin reducing the contrast between the scalp and hair and any product on the hair shaft itself I can remove with a wet comb. This help to maintain the natural highlights of the hair shaft itself making it look more natural in my opinion.

309.jpg
275.jpg
107.jpg

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Prothik for close to 20 years now which is as about as old as some of these posters that for some odd reason would like to see other young guys sign up for a hair transplant. Not sure why they feel the need to convince them to have surgery while feeling threatened by those that are older and understand both the industry and the procedure much better along with how the marketers work the forum. It's almost as if they are serving as groomers so I would suggest those reading forums to be very careful. Don't get sucked in because you feel desperate.

Lots of young guys got sucked in and ended up in some Turkish sh*thole............didn't turn out too well because they didn't understand how this all works. I'm sure now that they have gone through the process and read the forums after the fact it is all much more obvious to them. Simply a case of too little knowledge, experience and desperation creating a blindness.

Yes it hurts when a Turkish rep comes back to the forums and spills his guts telling everyone how it works and that he was paid to create a deception. It tends to leave a knot in your stomach if you were a victim because this can very often be a disfiguring procedure and the sentence imposed lasts a lifetime with no parole for most.

If you think you are smarter then billionaires like Silvio Bersculoni, David Gest, or millionaires like Nic Cage, Elton John, David Lee Roth, Joe Rogan, Wayne Rooney, Joe Biden, Richard Simmons, Oliver Stone, etc then go for it but I can tell you that it's a very limited procedure and all the money in the world is not going to help you when you are dealing with physical limitations.

I have no ties to Prothik or anyone in the hairloss industry. I am a consumer advocate because there is no one willing to stand up and do it. Everyone else that speaks for the industry is paid by the industry and they are very careful to tow the line. Don't have a hair transplant will often be the refrain but if you feel you have no choice then go to their doctor. Problem is most will not explain the math because the math is most will likely lose 20,000 fu and only have maybe 5000 fu to replace them if they are lucky. Doctors that are telling young guys they have 10,000 available from the back of their head especially with fue are straight up liars you just will not realize that until years later. So if they are telling you this now understand who and what they are. You can only work within the limitations and anyone that advising other then this does not care about you. Best to understand that now before surgery.

One can use Dermatch and get the same effect. I found it a little harder to work with but the result can be just as good. It conceals the scalp and does not dull the hair like fibers.

If you are going to take the advice of any poster then be sure to meet up with them in their home. See what they are about. Many of these young guys you will find are just geeks trying to make a buck. When you meet them you will laugh and it will open your eyes to the reality of this business.

Even the billionaires and millionaires who have had hair transplants could use some advice on applying concealer.

StevenSegal3.jpg
33.jpg
38 - Copy.jpg
David Gest 3.jpg
View attachment 58303

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Dermmatch.

However I do not know how it will react on contact with Chlorine.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermmatch works fine with me.
I workout daily and own a pool. No probs .

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermmatch works fine with me.

I'm sure Dermatch works great for a lot of people. I found it a little hard to work with but every product takes a little bit of time and effort to learn how to finesse it.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep my hair pretty short and use hair products such as clay, wax etc... So dermmatch is the ideal concealer for people who use these products or want that "wet" look or even a texturised matt finish. I wouldnt even attempt this with fibres.