• 30F04BD2-BA3B-4C5D-8BD5-8C7E4B34CC40.jpeg
    30F04BD2-BA3B-4C5D-8BD5-8C7E4B34CC40.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 322

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys notice any miniaturization here? I see some inflammation
Not my field of expertise so I shan't posture a guess but could you point out the aspects that might show miniaturization and what inflammation looks like?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not my field of expertise so I shan't posture a guess but could you point out the aspects that might show miniaturization and what inflammation looks like?
So according to my derm, there’s a persistent redness all over my scalp. It’s gotten better since treatment but if you look closely there’s still red patches in the pics.

and for miniaturization, I honestly can’t tell. There’s some small hairs here and there but is that growth or miniaturization? Not sure so I came here to ask

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say your hair looks better than mine under the microscope. It looks quite thick and there are only a couple of smaller hairs. If it’s miniaturization, it has not been going on for long. But it’s hard to say what those smaller hairs mean.
I find it difficult to interpret scope pictures, but in my case, it is a lot clearer that there is miniaturization going on.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say your hair looks better than mine under the microscope. It looks quite thick and there are only a couple of smaller hairs. If it’s miniaturization, it has not been going on for long. But it’s hard to say what those smaller hairs mean.
I find it difficult to interpret scope pictures, but in my case, it is a lot clearer that there is miniaturization going on.
I appreciate the reply. Yeah it’s really hard to tell. I’m tempted to buy my own microscope and map out my entire scalp. As of now I’m depending on my derm to provide the pics.

I’ve been losing hair for 2 years. So either it’s extremely slow miniaturization or that’s regrowth.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I did a few blood tests. Lol I thought maybe I should be on finasteride but my dht is already so low. Either I’m super sensitive to androgens or my thinning isn’t androgenic.
D3CE66A0-F8E6-4E8F-87E6-709F49B4E77F.jpeg
48BD8E11-5164-4710-B560-5D02B45A9282.jpeg

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys notice any miniaturization here? I see some inflammation
YES THIS IS INFLAMMATION! In the 4th picture you can clearly see the white inflamed outlining around the follicles. Do smt about it. I think natural stuff can help with inflammation. Maybe Aloe Vera, what do you think? And there is a little miniaturization, yes, but it's not bad at all, looks natural.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
YES THIS IS INFLAMMATION! In the 4th picture you can clearly see the white inflamed outlining around the follicles. Do smt about it. I think natural stuff can help with inflammation. Maybe Aloe Vera, what do you think? And there is a little miniaturization, yes, but it's not bad at all, looks natural.
Im not sure tbh what’s an effective treatment for this type of inflammation. I’m thinking of changing my diet to be no sugar or dairy. Plus daily use of a steroid solution

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are these dots? I have never seen this before on my microscope pics. Help!

Attachments

• 4E8FDFE9-8AE5-4268-B85C-E6DBA190D078.jpeg
    4E8FDFE9-8AE5-4268-B85C-E6DBA190D078.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 147

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same area some time ago

Attachments

• E10FCD13-546F-4C28-B021-DD75EA37E024.jpeg
    E10FCD13-546F-4C28-B021-DD75EA37E024.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 115

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are these dots? I have never seen this before on my microscope pics. Help!
I think you need to see a derm. It looks like broken off hair in follicular openings, but it’s hard to tell.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling wounds?
Thanks. I think that the dots are hair dye that settled inside the wounds. I will wait a bit longer before I dye my hair after microneedling from now on.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you need to see a derm. It looks like broken off hair in follicular openings, but it’s hard to tell.
Thanks for replying.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did an ANA test. I have a 1:160 titer... this seems to be confirmation I have auto immune issues.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So quick update. I’ve been researching inosine pranobex and apparently it’s an immunostimulant. Meaning it does the opposite of what I’d expect a treatment against the immune system to be. @kaneki experienced good things on it, but I’m trying to understand if it’s worth the risk.

Maybe suppressing the immune system is the problem and we should be boosting it after accutane induced hair loss? I know that accutane is theorized to suppress the immune system so acne won’t occur. Maybe doing the opposite of that will fix the problem.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So quick update. I’ve been researching inosine pranobex and apparently it’s an immunostimulant. Meaning it does the opposite of what I’d expect a treatment against the immune system to be. @kaneki experienced good things on it, but I’m trying to understand if it’s worth the risk.

Maybe suppressing the immune system is the problem and we should be boosting it after accutane induced hair loss? I know that accutane is theorized to suppress the immune system so acne won’t occur. Maybe doing the opposite of that will fix the problem.
Those dots could be a sign of telogen effluvium according to Donovan hair clinic. Are the dots pigmented yellow?