Check out my scope pictures

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ruled out the autoimmune condition LPP lichen planopilaris? I can't see your scope photos clearly but with lpp you may be able to see a whitish perifollicular scaling around the base of the hair shaft.

These links show what perifollicular scaling would look like on a dermascope shot.

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ruled out the autoimmune condition LPP lichen planopilaris? I can't see your scope photos clearly but with lpp you may be able to see a whitish perifollicular scaling around the base of the hair shaft.

These links show what perifollicular scaling would look like on a dermascope shot.
That perifollicular scaling actually made me suspect lpp back in october. I did a biopsy and I have subtle signs of lichen planopilaris. I’ve been treating it with doxycycline and a topical steroid for the past month and a half. I just hope I don’t have too much scarring on my scalp...

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So quick update. I’ve been researching inosine pranobex and apparently it’s an immunostimulant. Meaning it does the opposite of what I’d expect a treatment against the immune system to be. @kaneki experienced good things on it, but I’m trying to understand if it’s worth the risk.

Maybe suppressing the immune system is the problem and we should be boosting it after accutane induced hair loss? I know that accutane is theorized to suppress the immune system so acne won’t occur. Maybe doing the opposite of that will fix the problem.
Have you tried inosin pranobex ? It's maybe the only hope against dupa.

kaneki said it worked on him

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried inosin pranobex ? It's maybe the only hope against dupa.

kaneki said it worked on him
I’ve ordered and I’m waiting for it to be delivered. I think I have dupa as well because of thinning behind me ear. I’m on oral min and finasteride but it gives me the impression that there’s an auto immune aspect to the problem. Inosine might reveal that.

Update: I’ve stopped believing in LPP being my condition

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve ordered and I’m waiting for it to be delivered. I think I have dupa as well because of thinning behind me ear. I’m on oral min and finasteride but it gives me the impression that there’s an auto immune aspect to the problem. Inosine might reveal that.

Update: I’ve stopped believing in LPP being my condition
Did you try inosin pranobex ?