Celebs that you think are on finasteride or MIN or both

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds? Not sure I agree with that one.

I think at least half the guys listed have had work done but that doesn't mean they are all on Propecia.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before but Walton Goggins hair was pretty much gone by the late 2000's and now he has a great head of hair, I think hair transplant and meds probably.

walton-goggins-200ms082008.jpg

97570065.jpg

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
What about Stephen Dorff? Looked like he was losing a while ago and seems to have lost it slowly. I imagine if he is on meds, he's maybe a bit lazy with it.

I reckon Matt Damon too.

When was finasteride known in the US before Propecia came on the market? I'm sure Hollywood people would have picked up on it.

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
As for Simon Pegg, if you watch the show Spaced he has bleached hair and looks like he's even got an island starting at the front. His hair actually looks better now. And that show is 10 years old.

I think Timothy Olyphant is doing something to keep what he has.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
oh also sean william scott.....back in movies like dude wheres my car his hair was really thin.....now its all thick and long.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@monty:I didn't say that I wont care.Some guys are like NW1-1.5 at 35-40 and they are on propecia.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sandyc said:
What about Stephen Dorff? Looked like he was losing a while ago and seems to have lost it slowly. I imagine if he is on meds, he's maybe a bit lazy with it.

I reckon Matt Damon too.

When was finasteride known in the US before Propecia came on the market? I'm sure Hollywood people would have picked up on it.

I first noticed that he had thin hair when I watched Felon[Great Movie] but it sort of gave him a gnarly look.....

finasteride came in the year 1992 for prostate and was approved by the FDA in 97.I seriously believe Hollywood guys would have got it way ahead of us.

slipy

Reaction score
I don't know whether you would consider him a celebrity but Bert Mccracken, the singer of the band The Used had a receeding back in the 2002 when they released their first album and he's been loosing slowly over the years. Propecia? Though i never heard him mention it in interviews or even mention hair loss for that matter.

Bert-bert-mccracken-2874370-328-400.jpg

their guitarist is also loosing severly and the ironic part is they're considered an emo rock band. How long will bald emo's last in the music bussines?

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Got some more

Damon Albarn
Thom Yorke
Joaquin Phoenix
Mark Ruffalo
Chris Pine?
Chris Kline (American Pie)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Might be easier to list celebs you think are'nt on treatments! :whistle:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
A lot of the people listed so far are NW2/3s without any sort of density loss....this is a common "stopping" point for people in their hairlines and they don't necessarily bald any more or won't until they get older.

Everyone who has a hairline like Gary Oldman's isn't hiding their thinning. It just stopped at that point.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have been watching Burn Notice since the beginning and I would bet Jeffrey Donovan uses both finasteride and MIN. His hairline has changed alot over the years and now its the best its ever looked. I think he does wear a system as well because in some scenes it looks like he has one.
On True Blood, I would not be surprised if Stephen Moyer who plays Bill is taking some finasteride and using MIN as his hair is definitely thinning out.
And lets not forget Dr House. I take finasteride and use MIN....................... :whistle: And I think Dr Chase might be taking some too as he is receding as well.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I have been watching Burn Notice since the beginning and I would bet Jeffrey Donovan uses both finasteride and MIN. His hairline has changed alot over the years and now its the best its ever looked. I think he does wear a system as well because in some scenes it looks like he has one.
On True Blood, I would not be surprised if Stephen Moyer who plays Bill is taking some finasteride and using MIN as his hair is definitely thinning out.
And lets not forget Dr House. I take finasteride and use MIN....................... :whistle: And I think Dr Chase might be taking some too as he is receding as well.

House I doubt is on finasteride or minoxidil, every shot I've seen of him in recent years and interviews he just has a thick hairline left but he's bald almost completely in the back. They doctor in his hair with CGI, you can tell in the last season. I haven't been watching this season but he grew it out a little, they might be using concealers or a piece.

Chase is just a thick NW1.5 I think.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sandyc said:
Got some more

Damon Albarn
Thom Yorke
Joaquin Phoenix
Mark Ruffalo
Chris Pine?
Chris Kline (American Pie)

Good list but I dont think Chris Pine is on any medication.He has no signs of hairloss even when buzzed.

Joaquin Phoenix probably doesn't give a sh*t about hairloss or anything to do with his appearance.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If common people who fall in the category of NW1.5 to 2 take every precaution to prevent further loss,why the hell wouldn't celebrities who are in front of the public eye for the majority of their lives do the same ?

Hell even athletes take the drug.