CBS Evening News tommorow...balding cure

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
They're gonna take hair from the traditional donor area at the back of the head. Most of it will be DHT insensitive. (They will take into account that some of the hair they are multiplying will actually be sensitive to DHT and therefore fall out. That's why they're multiplying more hair than necessary.)

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
P.S. The fact that there is no way of telling whether the hair you're trying to multiply is sensitive to DHT is also the reason that you may require top-ups.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
By the way: There hasn't been any news about HM for a while. I get the feeling that we've had our annual share of the "oh, it's only three to four years awayâ€￾ media frenzy, and it'll be another year before we get told exactly the same thing again...

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think this thread will come up again in 2010. Till then the same low libido Propecia, greasy Min and drying nizoral and hope that they work

Felk

Reaction score
btp11 said:
just thought id top....i miss seeing this thread on pg. 1 :oops:

Hehehe i know what you mean.

I'd like to know more about OH101 (or whatever it was called) that nervx mentioned, and curis. These new topicals sound promising, the former apparently going through trials and curis applying for them later this year, according to nervx.

Any other news?

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
btp11 said:

I'd like to know more about OH101 (or whatever it was called) that nervx mentioned, and curis. These new topicals sound promising, the former apparently going through trials and curis applying for them later this year, according to nervx.

Any other news?

yeah, isnt it about time for him to post something in here so all of us become optimistic again? :D

amsterdam

Reaction score
btp11 said:
Felk said:
btp11 said:

Any other news?

yeah, isnt it about time for him to post something in here so all of us become optimistic again? :D

There is a meeting coming up for the European Hair Research society or something like that. Some of the people from Intercytex are going to be talking about hair multiplication, it's in June

http://hairgab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

just from the speech titles you can tell there is going to be some really interesting stuff covered, so that is something to look forward to.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a question, lets say right now im maintaining my hair with internals and topicals, but when HM comes out i want to stop the internal drugs and topicals and just get HM and keep getting injections every 3 months so im replacing the DHT sensative hairs with non DHT sensative hairs. Will my HM hair look the exact same as my current natural hair and grow the same and have the exact same texture as before? This is what im worried about. nervx?

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Stax.

Lets say we get the first gen HM by 2015, the hairs grown from this procedure will probably not be cosmetically accetable, hence they will be "filler" to augment an old skool hair transplant.

Then, lets give them another five years to advance their protocol to 2nd gen, which might be a stand alone product. Walk in get jabbed, walk out.... sprout new, healthy, full length, correct directional, properly cycling, permanent hair.

2020...38yrs old with a full head of hair......might be possible....

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 wow!

I believe science can make things go forward faster and if HM comes out like 2010 then i think they will only need about 3 years to perfect it no?

But then my opinion doesn´t count because i´m not a scientist :D

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Just a question, lets say right now im maintaining my hair with internals and topicals, but when HM comes out i want to stop the internal drugs and topicals and just get HM and keep getting injections every 3 months so im replacing the DHT sensative hairs with non DHT sensative hairs. Will my HM hair look the exact same as my current natural hair and grow the same and have the exact same texture as before? This is what im worried about. nervx?

The injections will be spaced a little more than 3 months apart unless your male pattern baldness is really aggressive but yes the HM hair should be just like your current hair.

Lets say we get the first gen HM by 2015, the hairs grown from this procedure will probably not be cosmetically accetable, hence they will be "filler" to augment an old skool hair transplant. Then, lets give them another five years to advance their protocol to 2nd gen, which might be a stand alone product. Walk in get jabbed, walk out.... sprout new, healthy, full length, correct directional, properly cycling, permanent hair. 2020...38yrs old with a full head of hair......might be possible....

well have HM long before 2015 and it will be cosmetically acceptable. anderans has said multiple times that they wouldn't bring their HM to market if they couldn't come up with a cosmetically acceptable product. I'm guessing intercytex is the same since the two companies shared research and no one will want to spend money on HM if it looks sh*t. you shouldn't listen to the pessimistic HM guys for info, they didn't think HM would be available for a good 20 years and with the procedure going through FDA trials their days are almost over.

There is a meeting coming up for the European Hair Research society or something like that. Some of the people from Intercytex are going to be talking about hair multiplication, it's in June
just from the speech titles you can tell there is going to be some really interesting stuff covered, so that is something to look forward to.

Yeah im hoping for some solid info from the intercytex guys, maybe even pictures which would be very nice.

yeah, isnt it about time for him to post something in here so all of us become optimistic again?

I check all the time for new info so don't worry if something comes up i'll post it.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Will my HM hair look the exact same as my current natural hair and grow the same and have the exact same texture as before? This is what im worried about. nervx?

I had transplants and the hair that grew is definitely not the same as before. It is somewhat kinkier. I asked my doctor about it and he said that this was common. I don't know if that will translate to HM, but it wouldn't surprise me if the HM hairs were also a bit kinkier than the originals. No explanation as to why that happens.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks sucks to hear, i want HM hair to be exactly like my original hair.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets say we get the first gen HM by 2015, the hairs grown from this procedure will probably not be cosmetically accetable, hence they will be "filler" to augment an old skool hair transplant.
we'll have HM long before 2015 and it will be cosmetically acceptable.

I don't know how you guys can be so pessimistic / optimistic. All we know is that in Intercytex's phase I trials no safety issues have arisen, and a doctor grew 65 hairs. Phase II trials have not even taken place yet. Nobody knows what is going to happen when you increase the dosage - not even the doctors who are developing the treatment. (It has never been done before!!!) And: Nobody knows when HM is going to hit the market. Dr. Washenik & Co. may have a rough idea - but how many times have they been wrong?

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess its called "putting a scenario forward'.

I was not saying this is how it will happen, more along the lines of, here is one way it could happen.

Its all guess work for us anyway. Personally I hope that particular scenario I put forward is way off mark.

Heres another one: HM gets released in 2010 to world wide aclaim. It is a cosmetic/cultural revolution as both alopecia suffering men and woman are reunited with their estranged follicles. There is a great easing of the collective unconcious of mankind as men, previously repressed and depressed by their hairloss, embark on new fulfilling lives with a greater understanding of suffering, but also furnished with the knowledge that suffering can be overcome. On the tide of this revolution mankind enters a new golden age where intelligent, confident men with full heads of hair tackle the porblems of existence with renewed vigor and resolve.