CBS Evening News tommorow...balding cure

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Count me in I always wanted to go to Japan! How much?

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys really think that when this comes out all our troubles are over?

I really don't see it as being the ultimate treatment, at least not in the first 5 years of being released.

I think HM will have growing pains just like any new technology. This is why I think it's going to be offered as a hair transplant + HM bundle.

I hope i'm wrong and ICX nails: Direction, Consistency, Multplication Factors, Safety, Cycling, Hair Quality, Hair Lines....etc

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No one is sure about what HM has in store. Not even the creators.

I was wondering is not one working on developing a better finasteride. I mean there is sure a way to reduce DHT in the follicles without reducing it in the blood. Are there any companies working on this or will it be just finasteride finasteride finasteride

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, at least for the rest of our productive lives it will be:

finasteride finasteride finasteride + THIN THIN THIN

Note: Dont mind me, im just trying to curb the rampant enthusiasim going on in this thread. :wink:

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:

I was wondering is not one working on developing a better finasteride. I mean there is sure a way to reduce DHT in the follicles without reducing it in the blood. Are there any companies working on this or will it be just finasteride finasteride finasteride

Curis has the most promising non-surgical product which if it works as they say could grow all your hair back. There's also OSH101 which is said to be quite a bit better than rogaine. Both are currently going through FDA trials.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nervx, just a question.......where did you read that they can multiply and infinite supply of "thick quality" hairs from only one small biopsy? Also where did you read that they dont have any problems with growth direction at the hairline so HM can fix it up perfectly? Do you think HM will be perfect and grow a full thick head of hair the first time its released in 2009-2010?

Thx.

Felk

Reaction score
nervx said:
hairhaircomeagain said:

Curis has the most promising non-surgical product which if it works as they say could grow all your hair back. There's also OSH101 which is said to be quite a bit better than rogaine. Both are currently going through FDA trials.

What phase of FDA trials are they going through at the moment nervx? Do you have a link?

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
When and if this finally comes about, it will be very funny when old men with a lot of money, who have been bald for decades, aren't content with a normal head-of-hair.

They have the money and they're gonna want it thicker and thicker. It'll be up to the doctor to say, 'Hey, that's enough." but when the doctors are confronted with so much money, they won't be able to say no.

So picture a time in the future when you begin to see thousands of old guys with so much hair, they will look like neandrathals.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Curis has not even applied for an FDA approval yet

They are applying to start FDA trials later this year. There was an article on this last month.

OSH101 is currently nearing the end of phase II. Results are expected near the end of the year.

nervx, just a question.......where did you read that they can multiply and infinite supply of "thick quality" hairs from only one small biopsy? Also where did you read that they dont have any problems with growth direction at the hairline so HM can fix it up perfectly? Do you think HM will be perfect and grow a full thick head of hair the first time its released in 2009-2010?

intercytex mentioned being able to take one biopsy and create more and more hairs as needed by the client, it might be mentioned in thier pdf file but im too lazy to check right now. ARI was the one that said direction shouldn't be a problem anymore. They mentioned a lot of problems that HM suffered from were no longer an issue. This was last year when they claimed to have made some major breakthroughs and filed some patents.

As for HM being perfect at release, probably not. With every product there's always room for improvement. I do expect it to be better than a hair transplant though.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
And on that note...

I am overwhelmed with joy.

More great news, thanks, Nervx.

his optimism is great. hell, ill take "better than an hair transplant"...the last thing i want is someone slicing up my head. i really hope it doesnt come to that.

G

Did they finally update the site for that OSH101? I thought they threw that down the drain. There website hadn't been updated for 2 years.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
When i walk into the HM clinic for my procedure i'm going to ask for the 'Brad'.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
so fresh & so thin said:
When i walk into the HM clinic for my procedure i'm going to ask for the 'Brad'.

LOL, what?

I'm going to say "Elvis..."

They'll understand-- hair like Elvis... Why not?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll just say "depp" ... we have the same hair type but unfortunately mine is infected with fuckin thinning :roll:

RTJBJ

Reaction score
Today when i try to send email to aderansresearch to ask about there progress, got the following

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

info@aderansresearch.com

the response doesn't contain the reason for failure , normally it does.

could it mean that there mail box is full. or they are not interested in receiving any mails for now..