Castration. Need some info from the experts on here.

H

HLTguest

WorldofWarcraft said:
I was very interested to see how his castration went but you flame wariors who can't stand not being rude scared him off. THANKS ! :-x

Well, I wasn't exactly scared off. More just frustrated and fed up. I needed a breather. :wink:

Don't worry though, I am thinking of putting together a small web page about my experience in the next coming months when I get this procedure done hopefully.

H

HLTguest

newguy2006 said:
But even though you seem like a fairly intelligent person, I also think you acting immaturely. You also seem to be quite ignorant about the things you speak so confidently about.

I am definately ignorant about the technical aspects of field work procedures. Infact, any person who can offer me friendly advice and help due to their hands on experience, I would be very appreciative. If I come off as confident, thats because I am. I am confident and happy. If I come off as cocky, sorry, thats not my intention. I definately have a lot of learning to do concerning this career, won't deny that.

newguy2006 said:
Have you ever been to a third-world country yourself?

Absolutely not. The only country I have ever visited is Canada. And thats when I was a kid. I don't mind saying this though because it discredits the idea that others have put forth, that I am a fraud who is feigning experience in this area. I've been perfectly honest from the very start about this. I have zero experience in this area. Sure, I know its incredibly dangerous, but I don't know the real details of the work involved as of yet.

newguy2006 said:
Do you honestly think the large NGO's and other organizations that assist large-scale refugee camps do not use computers?

There isn't a doubt in my mind that relief organizations use computers or that even some of the locals do. But the people who are actually living in camps simply don't have the money for a computer. I would guess most don't even have food or water.

newguy2006 said:
Also, what kind of skills are you going to bring to the table that will benefit these people? What kind of practical benefit can you offer them?

Good questions. Well, as of right now, I simply work in the cafeteria of a hospital. So I can't offer much at this point. However, I am studying to be a physician's assistant so I am hoping that may be of some use in the future. Not sure specifically how yet, but we'll see I guess.

newguy2006 said:
Also, who says humanitarian work has to be done exclusively in third-world countries? If you want to help people so much, I'm sure you can find someone in your very own city that needs assistance. What makes him any less deserving than someone else? Also, many people in third-world countries are actually very happy with the way life has treated them. Go to a country like Thailand - or even Cambodia - and observe how happy the vast majority of the population is. It's really quite incredible given the circumstances.

Good points. I encourage others to work in inner cities if that is their calling. They certainly deserve no less. However I feel my calling is across the globe.

newguy2006 said:
Maybe it's not true, but I get the feeling when I read your posts that you truly do not love yourself, and that you think that castrating yourself will almost help you acheive a certain "sainthood" or "matyrdom" in your goal of becoming a well-respected philanthropist. Obviously to the rest of us this could not be further from the truth. I truly wish you the best of luck, because you seem like a decent human being deep down. But to truly love your fellow man to the best of your abilities, you must first love yourself.

Well, you are right, I don't love myself. But I don't hate myself either. I am pretty content, but I struggle with some things, and I believe castration will take the edge off.

It would be nice to be a philanthropist ( I wouldn't mind it), but that will probably not happen. I don't think I will ever have much wealth, if thats what you mean by philanthropist. But thanks for the compliments all the same.

H

HLTguest

tchehov said:
He's just some freak with a Jesus complex.

Nope, no Jesus complex. Just your average joe who plans on chasing his dreams.

tchehov said:
His response to Lock's posts are a disgrace.

I should have been harsher. I was far too polite in my responses. I don't tolerate homophobic hate mongering. I have gay friends. And you know whats very ironic? Lock says he deduces I am gay. From what I ask? From my postings? Several others including yourself have called me a "freak". Is that the criteria for being gay nowadays?

tchehov said:
He's not thinking of humanitarian work as field workers understand it, putting life and limb at risk,

Dude, I'm getting my balls chopped off. Once you have been through that, well....need I say more? :freaked2:

tchehov said:
he's thinking of a kind of personal aggrandisement through charity. A supreme egotist. Makes you sick really.

How much money, fame and glory do people in this field make again? Most...not much at all. Your accusation here is so pathetic its almost laughable. Calling people who want to become aid workers selfish. Hilarious. :roll:

tchehov said:
Let him cut them off.

Damn straight.

H

HLTguest

s.a.f said:
Thats because unlike us they dont care about personal possesions etc. Unlike us they hav'nt been brought up in a culture of greed and matarialism.

That may be true of some people over there. But I imagine they have their share of selfish and/or greedy people too. I was watching a special on tv about child prostitution in cambodia. Very tragic and sad. But a lot of the parents would pimp out their daughters (some as young as 4 or 5). I understand that money is a hard thing to come by over there, but thats just the epitome of selfishness and evil. To do that to a child, especially your own is absolutely unthinkable.

Also, you look in every country around the world, even the poorer countries and they kill one another over the most petty reasons. Look at whats happening in Iraq. People slaughtering others over who the rightful successor to muhammad was. Can't get much more petty than that. Sure the invasion didn't help things (although Saddam was slaughtering thousands for his own greedy reasons long before we got there), but these petty ethnic/religious murdering rampages have been going on for centuries all across the world. All this misery and death for nothing but petty reasons.

So I think every culture has their share of good people as well as bad people. Also, the US gives more money to Africa than any other country so we are quite a generous people. There is always room for improvement but we really aren't doing that badly in this area.

H

HLTguest

tchehov said:
Are you planning to start a cult? You say you're different, you have a vision, you mention Muhammed in the same breath as yourself. You say you have special powers.

Why would you believe that Muhammad was a prophet but that I am not? (I am not saying I am a prophet at all, but why put more faith in a man that existed centuries upon centuries ago?)

tchehov said:
Have you ever been to Waco?

Um...David Koresh was going around having sex with underage girls. That was part of his "plan" for his people. He certainly had no intention of getting castrated.

Jm0311

Reaction score
HLTguest said:
s.a.f said:
Thats because unlike us they dont care about personal possesions etc. Unlike us they hav'nt been brought up in a culture of greed and matarialism.

That may be true of some people over there. But I imagine they have their share of selfish and/or greedy people too. I was watching a special on tv about child prostitution in cambodia. Very tragic and sad. But a lot of the parents would pimp out their daughters (some as young as 4 or 5). I understand that money is a hard thing to come by over there, but thats just the epitome of selfishness and evil. To do that to a child, especially your own is absolutely unthinkable.

Also, you look in every country around the world, even the poorer countries and they kill one another over the most petty reasons. Look at whats happening in Iraq. People slaughtering others over who the rightful successor to muhammad was. Can't get much more petty than that. Sure the invasion didn't help things (although Saddam was slaughtering thousands for his own greedy reasons long before we got there), but these petty ethnic/religious murdering rampages have been going on for centuries all across the world. All this misery and death for nothing but petty reasons.

So I think every culture has their share of good people as well as bad people. Also, the US gives more money to Africa than any other country so we are quite a generous people. There is always room for improvement but we really aren't doing that badly in this area.

Wow you have no clue what u are talking about do u?

H

HLTguest

Jm0311 said:
HLTguest said:
s.a.f said:

Wow you have no clue what u are talking about do u?

Are you saying that child prostitution is a good thing? Or are you saying that you don't know why sunnis and shi'ites kill one another?

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptic_syndrome

Skoptic syndrome is a condition in which a person is preoccupied with or engages in genital self-mutilation (e.g. castration, penectomy). The definition of skoptic syndrome is a gender dysphoria found under the DSM IV section 302.6 : Gender Identity Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.

Skoptic syndrome can sometimes be motivated by intense sexual guilt, in which the genitals become identified as the source of the guilt-inducing sexual desire. This leads to desire for removal of or damage to the genitals.

There is also evidence that voluntary castration is used in modern societies for reasons such as control of libido, body modification and, in some cases of extreme sexual masochism, for purposes of sexual excitement (see paraphilia and apotemnophilia).

An underground network of castrators (generally called "cutters") without medical licenses has formed. Surgery performed by untrained personnel outside a properly equipped medical facility is dangerous and there have been cases of severe bleeding and other medical emergencies. Alternatively, self-castration (or autocastration) is occasionally performed, though it carries significant risk. Many who desire castration travel to developing countries, where medicine is less tightly regulated, and have the procedure performed by a doctor.

The body dysmorphic disorder or dysmorphophobia characterized by desire to be a eunuch is called skoptic syndrome, named after the Skoptzy sect. However, in the latest issue of DSM, there are no references to the term, and it is virtually unknown in psychological literature. It is also important to notice that the term, along with GID, can and is also used to imply "minority mainstream view/practices" without negatively implying dysfunction or 'wrongness', nor is it applicable to all people with a desire for castration, due to the highly diverse nature of reasons for volunteer castration. This particularly in view that castration has a history, up to the modern age, of therapeutic use; according to Victor T. Cheney, in his Castration: Advantages and Disadvantages (Authorhouse, Dec. 2003), castration has been documented to effectively reduce symptoms in people with schizophrenia, psychosis, violent behaviors, paraphilias, manias, overactive libido, baldness, sleep apnea, as well as prostate disorders and prevention of various sexually transmitted diseases, by means of eliminated or reduced sexual activity. Many men indeed chose to become eunuchs for some of these reasons. This desire is still present in modern populations, as evidenced in the large membership in message boards on the Internet related to the topic. Alternatively, some men derive sexual excitement from the idea of being castrated or otherwise having their genitals mutilated, usually by another person (see masochism and paraphilia). There has been frequent news coverage of incidents of self-castration (autocastration) and underground networks of people without medical licenses performing castrations. Most urologists have experience with patients who have attempted castration on themselves. [citation needed] According to a June 12, 2002 article by Detroit Free Press: self-castrations tend to be more common than leaving the job to someone else, said Dr. Dana Ohl, a urologist at the U-M Medical Center who has operated on botched amateur castrations. "Usually, when these people just chop their own testicles off, they don't pay attention to the blood supply," he said.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
You definately need to see a psychiatrist and I say that out my own humanitarian inclinations. I feel bad for u becuase you really seem confused. As far as girls, I think you need to get out there and get one. If you lower your standards enough you will always be able to get a girl. Also, having a sex drive is part of what makes you human and a male. Take that away and I think u would be missing something.

Now, if you are a child molester, I say CHOP THEM OFF!! But if you are not, I think u are crazy, and I don't mean that perjoratively

Jm0311

Reaction score
no first hand experience i know why they kill each other

btw good one wookster

H

HLTguest

Jm0311 said:
no first hand experience i know why they kill each other

My dad is of lebanese descent and christian. I know perfectly well why shi'ites and sunnis are always at odds.

Now tell me. What is your first hand experience and why do you think they kill each other?

H

HLTguest

Optimist said:
Now, if you are a child molester, I say CHOP THEM OFF!!

:roll:

HLTguest said:
I was watching a special on tv about child prostitution in cambodia. Very tragic and sad. But a lot of the parents would pimp out their daughters (some as young as 4 or 5). I understand that money is a hard thing to come by over there, but thats just the epitome of selfishness and evil. To do that to a child, especially your own is absolutely unthinkable.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude, just go and get your nuts cut off already, i wanna see your webpage.

you're a joke, i would bet you 100 usd that you be stuck in a mental hospital before getting your balls cut off.

your just dumb

i already told you, medication can simulate castration, you dont care, you want your balls gone so you can dump the responsibilities of being a man. either that or you are a major attention wh***

newguy2006

Established Member
Reaction score
How much money, fame and glory do people in this field make again? Most...not much at all. Your accusation here is so pathetic its almost laughable. Calling people who want to become aid workers selfish. Hilarious.

actually, according to the philosophical theory of psychological egoism, your decision to pursue this goal of yours actually is selfish (egoistic). in the same sense, everyone is selfish in making the decisions that they do. it's a disillusioning theory, but one that cannot be proven wrong. doesn't necessarily mean it is right though. frankly, it's a theory i try to not think about because it's very depressing.

Why would you believe that Muhammad was a prophet but that I am not? (I am not saying I am a prophet at all, but why put more faith in a man that existed centuries upon centuries ago?)

i won't get into the religious discussion of this thread, but statements like this reiterate my feelings that you might actually be pursuing some sort of self-serving "martyrdom" by this process of castration - another reason i feel you should undergo a great deal of psychiatric therapy before going through with any life-changing procedure like castration.

also, we already know you've had issues with depression in the past. do you really think that castration will "take the edge off"? it will actually do just the opposite, and send you on a hormonal rollercoaster that can porbably be devastating emotionally - especially to those predisposed to mental illness. ironically, you'd be much better off supplementing your body with extra testosterone if you truly want to achieve a mental balance that will allow you to achieve your goals as a humanitarian.

good luck with whatever you decide to do, and no offense but you seem like a guy who'll need it. but it's your body and no one else's. if i could make a suggestion, i think you should look at the Peace Corps to get your feet wet - as it is a very well-respected organization that will help you develop practical skills (including language skills) in order to help you assist people to the fullest. (i.e. you won't be just another shmuck doing tasks that morons can do, but a self-reliant volunteer who can initiate projects himself).

though if you want my entirely honest opinion, i think a lot of the humanitarian programs and NGO's do more bad than good in Africa. and i'm not alone in that opinion...