Castration. Need some info from the experts on here.

H

HLTguest

Ok. I am thinking of getting castrated although I must say, hair loss is not the main motivation behind this. Although, any benefits will be welcome indeed.

I already know that castration will not regrow hair. But can you still go balder after castration?

Also, I am concerned about gynecomastia. I do not want this. Will getting castrated cause this?

The main reasons I want to get castrated are because I heard that getting rid of testosterone will have a calming effect and it will drastically decrease my sex drive. Also, will it help with scalp inflammation (this is a big problem for me).

Basically, I don't want to think about sex anymore. I am single, and I want to stay that way, so I don't want to be distracted by sexual urges all day. I want to focus my life more on doing humanitarian work (thats my dream anyway). So I just don't want to have to worry about getting married anymore or anything like that. I want to take that pressure off and just focus on helping others.

Really, what I want the most, is to mentally return to the days of when I was a young kid, not thinking about things sexually, just living day to day...you know how it is, except the only difference is having the responsiblities of an adult (career, car, bills, etc) I am 23 now, but I do not want to be sexually attracted to women anymore...I want to return to the days of when I was a little kid...at least as far as sexuality is concerned. Will castration achieve this?

I am very ignorant about castration so I figured the experts on here could fill me in since you guys are very informed about hormones and things like that. I have tried researching it my own, but I haven't found much. This isn't exactly something that is extensively studied..

Any help would be much appreciated.

H

HLTguest

stanley2005 said:
Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist?
You should.

Was that really necessary? :roll: Look, I am not looking for a fight, but please, what is the need to post rude comments like this? What did I say that was so offensive?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
his comment was right in line if you ask me. a 23 year old male wanting to be castrated is completely unhealthy. seriously see a psychiatrist, you are not mentally healthy. this could have serious effects on the rest of your body for the REST of your life. not to mention it can never be undone, that's like saying "cut off my arms i don't like holding objects anyways and i want to focus on more mental and visual tasks".

have you never had intercourse with a woman? never kissed someone and enjoyed it? something is seriously wrong with you and it's not your genitals.

99% of doctors will NOT do this for you, i seriously hope you don't find the one whackjob who will take 5000 dollars in exchange for the surgery. you don't seem to grasp the consequences of what you are talking about, and you are talking like a bipolar psych patient. "i don't want to ever think about sex i just want to save the world, im gonna grow happy plants that impregnate earth's roots with the wisedom of me" woooooooooooooooooooooooo

you say you want to help people, help yourself first. if you castrate yourself i have no doubt that you will eventually become so mentally ill you'll live the rest of your life in a hospital.

H

HLTguest

dietcola said:
his comment was right in line if you ask me. a 23 year old male wanting to be castrated is completely unhealthy. seriously see a psychiatrist, you are not mentally healthy. this could have serious effects on the rest of your body for the REST of your life. not to mention it can never be undone, that's like saying "cut off my arms i don't like holding objects anyways and i want to focus on more mental and visual tasks".

Its nothing like that. You need your arms to do work. You don't need a sex drive like you need arms. As far as I am concerned, its worthless to me. I'm not getting married so its nothing but a distraction that hinders me from carrying out my goals in life.

dietcola said:
have you never had intercourse with a woman? never kissed someone and enjoyed it? something is seriously wrong with you and it's not your genitals.

I kissed a few girls many years ago when I was a teenager but that was a long time ago. Sure I enjoyed it back then. But times have changed. A lot of things have happened to me since then that have changed my perspective. I am not good socially. I have bad ocd. I am being honest here. Girls think I am weird. I am a virgin and thats probably how its always going to be anyway. So instead of getting all down in the dumps about it, I figure it would be much better to focus on helping other people in the world with much bigger problems than mine. When you help others, it gets your mind off your own problems. Unfortunately, I feel that there is too much testosterone in my body right now. It makes me feel too horny all the time so I just want this to stop. So it makes it hard for me to focus on my ambitions of helping people throughout the world. Having a high sex drive has caused me tremendous guilt so I just want to move past this and get castrated.

dietcola said:
99% of doctors will NOT do this for you, i seriously hope you don't find the one whackjob who will take 5000 dollars in exchange for the surgery. you don't seem to grasp the consequences of what you are talking about, and you are talking like a bipolar psych patient. "i don't want to ever think about sex i just want to save the world, im gonna grow happy plants that impregnate earth's roots with the wisedom of me" woooooooooooooooooooooooo

I never claimed to be a wise guru or anything. I am average just like everybody else, nothing special, never claimed to be. But whats so bad about helping people? If castration helps me with this goal, whats so bad about that? And doctors do this for transgendered people, thats how I found out about it on discovery channel. If they do it for them, why wouldn't they want to help me too?

dietcola said:
you say you want to help people, help yourself first. if you castrate yourself i have no doubt that you will eventually become so mentally ill you'll live the rest of your life in a hospital.

Or it could have the opposite effect. It could clear my mind and give me the peace that I have for so long craved. Imagine a world where you would no longer have to worry about girls or getting married or sex or anything like that. Thats my endgame.

Not having a sex drive isn't that bad. It could be worse, I could get cancer or some other life threatening disease. If I got castrated, and it got rid of my sex drive, I would be thrilled anyway. It wouldn't be a bad thing. I am a virgin, and I really don't see that changing, so why worry about it? Just cut them off and you won't have to think about sex anymore.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i will never see eye to eye with you on this, and i HIGHLY doubt anyone else will either. do you know why you are horny? it's because you are a man. you have pushed the idea of intimacy so far out of your way that your actually trying to ensure it never happens to you. that's a terrible defense mechanism that will leave you totally unhappy in the end.

if you're set on being a sexual vegetable, there are drugs you can take that can help. castration is not necessary. but in order to get those drugs you're going to need to talk to a doctor...who is going to be seriously concerned about your mental health.

when i tell you to seek mental help, i'm not joking. it's the least you can do for yourself.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess dietcola's avatar isn't helping much eh?

Seriously dude, you are acting totally wacked (no pun). Try to snap out of whatever has gotten into you about this castration thing - that is not the answer to your problems.

Since you probably have some psych issues including, but not limited to, OCD, SAD, GAD, and depression, I would suggest an anti-depressant and/or anxiety medication. I take paxil and must say that it does wonders for my anxiety and depression. It also kills my sex drive though so I take a very low dose. Something like this might be exactly want you want/need though.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Helpme007, CCS you're reign is over, we have a new champion! :hairy:

HLTguest, cutting your nads off will not return you to the carefree life of a child. Wether you like it or not you are now an adult and always will be. Making this adjustment can be difficult and many people struggle with this new phase of life. As the others have said I suggest that you talk over your concern with a professional therapist. This does not make you crazy it just means you need a bit of help.
Castration will have untold effects on you not just in stopping your sex drive or affecting your hairloss.

IBM

Reaction score
HLTguest there's nothing wrong to be very horny. Every regular man think about sex and women all the time. Some think more than others because of lack of women. But that's normal. But you can decrease your sex drive: try finasteride, dutasteride and/or spironolactone.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to be castrated like a hole in the head. But what you actually need is to get laid. It'll make you realize that you're a man, so you can move on with your life. And whether your 'first' is someone paid for their services, or you start dating anyone doesn't matter either. Good luck.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nooooo. At 23 ??

Come ON.

If you're commited to doing something like this - which is TOTALLY unnecessary - then the very *least* you do is talk to a psychiatrist first. What harm could that do?

The difficulties you are having in life are in your head. Not your old chap.

G

Well, HLTguest, I support and understand your thoughts about castration. I am single as well and I also used to be angered about my sex drive. It made me so dependent on women who showed no interest in me and ignored me at best. So, I also tried to become asexual and not jerk off. But I usually became too horny after a few days. I was just denying my sexuality.

But this changed last summer. I realized that I am losing hair and so I started taking finasteride and within the first days I lost my sex drive completely. Since then I have only jerked off a few times. I am now an asexual person with no sex drive. But guess what, I have started to miss it. I have realized that it is just a part of us humans. In the beginnings of my hairloss I also started to think about castration. Hair loss was so terrible to me so I wanted to anything possible to stop my hair from falling out, but this has also changed by now and castration is not an option anymore.

Reasons why I am writing this:
1. Get on meds, might be a win-win situation for you (Hair and loss of sex drive)
2. Don´t get yourself castrated, you may regret it deeply in a few years. Losing one´s horniness can really be frustrating.

Good Luck mate on whatever you do!

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn. No offense, but so many people on these forums are lost souls. It's such a damn shame to see perfectly functional people live such tortured lives.

Obviously this place, and the Internet in general, isn't doing a few of you any good. I'd turn off my computer, and go out and find the world, if I were some of you. That's the only way you'll ever truly find and discover yourself... who you really are deep inside. Otherwise, you'll continue repeating these same pitiful woe-is-me stories to anyone who will listen.... until you're dead. Not that you'd be very much alive in your present state.

H

HLTguest

joseph49853 said:
Otherwise, you'll continue repeating these same pitiful woe-is-me stories to anyone who will listen.... until you're dead. Not that you'd be very much alive in your present state.

:oops: The whole point of this thread was to be uplifting, not woe is me. If castration offers hope of a somewhat normal life, that is a very exciting thing.

H

HLTguest

s.a.f said:
HLTguest, cutting your nads off will not return you to the carefree life of a child. Wether you like it or not you are now an adult and always will be. Making this adjustment can be difficult and many people struggle with this new phase of life.

I think people are misunderstanding me. I am not trying to feel sorry for myself here or give up my responsibilities. I know that I am an adult now and not a child and I am not trying to change that. Obviously paying bills, working, etc. is a part of my life now and that is actually something I am happy with. I have goals too like working in a third world country. If I was a child I wouldn't be able to do these things that I really want so I am actually very content and happy being an adult.

However, I have had terrible ocd since I was a kid. I have seen therapists, taken meds, etc. Personally, I think the mental health field is just a money making business and they don't really know what ocd is or how it effects people. Many people think ocd gets better as you age, that is, there is a misconception that you "grow out of it". I don't know about others, but mine has gotten progressively worse throughout the years. And a lot of the sexual guilt I have feeds the ocd. I'm being honest here. In the past, (NOT currently), this stuff has driven me to think about suicide. I still want to live, but not like this. Since there is no cure or real help for ocd, I feel that I should get at the root of the problem...sexual drive.

And if castration offers hope for me to get back to normal days of when I was a little kid (not obsessing about sexual things), I will be thrilled. So the whole purpose of this thread was to offer a positive solution. It wasn't to whine or complain. After writing all of this, I am still very optimistic. I am not saying I will for sure get castrated because I am concerned about any bad side effects. But it is always a possiblity of hope, and I just wanted to give out something to any other forum members who might be in need of this same hope that I now have in my grasp.

And you know what would be really great? The next time some girls stare at me with the look of "ewww....that guy looks like some creepy sex offender", all I can do is just drop my pants and shout "Nope, not me. I got my balls cut off!" :)

HairLessGR

Reaction score
So, a journey back to the age of Innocence! It's all about that, isn't it HLTguest?
Where the smiles were unconditional, the goals clean and monodimensional, the relationships true and honest and the time just seemed to go by in a somehow lower speed. It's all about that and a little more, isn't it?
But you'll be all alone in this wonderful land HLTguest. Noone lives there you see. Only the kids. And unlike them, you are aware you're not one!

Do yourself a favour and see an expert. You are more in need of a therapy than what you think. But not a lot more than most of us here.

H

HLTguest

HairLessGR said:
So, a journey back to the age of Innocence! It's all about that, isn't it HLTguest?
Where the smiles were unconditional, the goals clean and monodimensional, the relationships true and honest and the time just seemed to go by in a somehow lower speed. It's all about that and a little more, isn't it?

Smiles were never unconditional. If you got into trouble as a kid, you got into trouble. Being a kid isn't that great. Infact, when I was a child, and say I got into trouble at school or at home, all I wanted to do was tap my shoes together and become an adult. Being an adult has a lot of benefits. Generally, I am happier being an adult. I like taking care of myself and not living by any rules set by older people. However, the only thing I wish to return to is the lack of sexual drive. That is a blissful experience. I remember it. It was.

HairLessGR said:
But you'll be all alone in this wonderful land HLTguest. Noone lives there you see. Only the kids. And unlike them, you are aware you're not one!

Thats fine with me. As I said, I am not trying to be a kid. I am trying to be an adult with the sexual drive of a kid. I am isolated now already. The point is to make the isolation more tolerable. Would you rather be isolated and thinking about women all the time? Or would you rather be isolated and be content?

Actually, when I was a kid, I was always pretty isolated anyway. So if returning to that state of mind results in isolation (which I am already in), thats not such a bad thing. And if this clarity of mind results in a greater drive and determination to help others, whats wrong with that?

HairLessGR

Reaction score
To which clarity of mind are you referring to?
The one you achieve living alone? Failing to love and be loved?
With noone to stand by you when older?
And why castration is the easiest or the only way to achieve it?
I feel there is a lot of loneliness in this. And you won't be young
forever HLTguest..

grass

Reaction score
you dont need to cut off your balls to help the world of achieve inner peace...
monks have been doing it for thousands of years (with exception of castrati who were not really monks), without castration. Its an easy fix (wont really solve your problems), to a problem that is much larger then sexual urges. Getting laid isn't the answer either. You need to see a therapist ASAP! you need to talk about these feelings to a professional. People posting in this thread should be a little more sensitive and responsible.