Castor Oil Question

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
I have tried castor oil on my scalp but haven't seen much results,
but when I put it on my eyebrows and eyelashes the effects are really dramatic.

So, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I guess it's because its easier to distribute on the eyebrows/lashes.

How do you put it on your eyelashes?

Hairyarsch

Reaction score
Has anyone in this thread actually benefited from using Castor Oil, besides that one chick, which doesn't really count btw.

Yes, definitely. But nothing earth shattering yet. It immediately helped actually. Had lots of shorter white/transparent hair, now it's pigmented and slowly growing longer.
It's known to increase body hair growth so we know it's doing something.

I had lots of crippled hair that finasteride had regrown years ago. That area is slowly getting better now but I'm not sure if you can regrow hair in totally bald areas with castor oil. There are tiny new hairs in previously totally bald areas but so far they've grown less than half a centimeter in a month or so and are almost invisible.

We'll see in a couple months, that stuff needs time...

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely. But nothing earth shattering yet. It immediately helped actually. Had lots of shorter white/transparent hair, now it's pigmented and slowly growing longer.
It's known to increase body hair growth so we know it's doing something.

I had lots of crippled hair that finasteride had regrown years ago. That area is slowly getting better now but I'm not sure if you can regrow hair in totally bald areas with castor oil. There are tiny new hairs in previously totally bald areas but so far they've grown less than half a centimeter in a month or so and are almost invisible.

We'll see in a couple months, that stuff needs time...

Do you take it orally, externally, or both? I have 32oz on the way, I plan on taking 3-4 mL a day orally (Don't really care about body hair growth , already a gorilla as it is), but am wondering if dousing my scalp in this is actually effective.

Hairyarsch

Reaction score
Topically with ~20% DMSO (99% solution), 30% burned my skalp. Orally 1-2ml castor oil daily, I'll stick to 1ml as 2ml already caused bowel problems..
Plus 1.5mm dermarolling with Lithium every other week, once per week is a bit too much. Don't know if that nasty **** is even doing anything.
Also daily Stemoxydine.

minoxidil might be a better solution but castor oil is probably better in long term as you can easily quit it an keeping popping finasteride to keep your status.

Steve

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good UK site to buy the castor oil from to take orally? (preferably in capsules)

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I got my castor oil today, took roughly 1/2 of a table spoon full but a bit less, so roughly 5 mL. It didn't give me any GI problems, but then again another reason I'm using it is because of its laxitive effect.

I'll let everyone know in a month or twos time if this has helped at all. Going to be also rubbing a small amount on areas where finasteride has given me peach fuzz, at night.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good UK site to buy the castor oil from to take orally? (preferably in capsules)

You can order castor oil off amazon.

Why do you want pills? To avoid the work of needing to wash the spoon?

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question, does castors oils laxative effects set it right away? I'm on day 3 of 5 mL oral and have not noticed a difference and am wondering if I can add another 2mL at night.

Hairyarsch

Reaction score
Just a quick question, does castors oils laxative effects set it right away? I'm on day 3 of 5 mL oral and have not noticed a difference and am wondering if I can add another 2mL at night.

I'd be careful, it takes a couple hours. But as far as I've read you won't be ****ting yourself immediately like on other laxatives.
Also 1-2ml should be more than enough. My eyebrows have thickened, I have new beard hair on my cheeks. And you want to keep taking it for months, so take it easy. 2ml was too much for me after a while.
The stuff works, especially if you already have lots of vellus hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be careful, it takes a couple hours. But as far as I've read you won't be ****ting yourself immediately like on other laxatives.
Also 1-2ml should be more than enough. My eyebrows have thickened, I have new beard hair on my cheeks. And you want to keep taking it for months, so take it easy. 2ml was too much for me after a while.

How much of a difference do you think it made on your scalp?

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I do have a lot of vellus hair from finasteride.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just me or has Castor Oil thickened and darkened anyone else's hair after a few weeks?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear so many anecdotal reports about castor oil.

I wish we had a rigorous placebo controlled study.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
RUserious, how long have you been applying/ingesting c.o.?
Thanks for your feedback.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using castor oil for about 10 or so days now, and the side effect of excessive body hair growth is very real. In just 10 days I've went from what I'd consider 'normal' to borderline gorilla. It doesn't bother me much, but for those of you who are bothered by body hair, be careful with the dosing. Even bodyhair that I already had is thicker, longer and a whole lot darker.