Castor Oil Question

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not noticing the increase in body hair. I'm thinking of mixing Castor Oil with Keto cream for topical

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 10mL daily lol.

6bpbDgT.jpg

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it at night with a pipette and just wash it with water the next morning. I keep it in a glass container which is essential if you are using any topical with dmso. My hair does get quite sticky but often I can isolate the area to the part of my temple/hairline where it's mostly scalp and I just let that sink in, so it's not too bad.

Been wondering whether too much dmso is a bad thing, at the 2 week mark my scalp started peeling quite a lot where I had been applying castor, which I had hoped was a good sign but now my scalp around that area just seems dry and flaky, been considering mixing it with emu oil instead and cycling with the dmso.

I will document with photos if I actually get any new growth, yes my hair has improved a lot in terms of density since starting castor but that's difficult to show with pictures as every day it looks different in some way. If I get new vellus growth I will document it although I'm not holding my breath, still castor is so cheap and I feel it's having a good effect so I'm sticking with it for now.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score

Surprisingly, I haven't had any of the laxative effects. If anything, I'd consider things to be back to normal, so to speak.

On another note, my shedding and Telogen Effluvium has completely disappeared since starting castor oil. I'm wondering if castor oil is the actual cause of this, or if it was just a coincidence.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. I have been losing my hair pretty aggressively at 22, and have been on finasteride and rogaine for 2 years which haven't done squat, as in my hair loss has continued to lose at the same rate. I didn't even realize people really used this much for hair loss, but I have been applying it topically and its been pretty useful as a concealer. I put it in my hair every night, and usually won't wet my hair when I shower and my God does my hair look thicker because of this ****. Not sure if it actually is keeping hair, but it looks thick as hell cuz this stuff bunches your hair together. Can't hurt to use this stuff.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I've actually got a question. Is this new body hair and the old, thicker, longer and darker hairs permanent? I read somewhere that hair will disappear where it is not naturally supported, but what about in areas where you already have hair?

equillig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend A good DMSO solution to buy and where to buy it from? Or suggest another carrier for castor oil?

TheWig

Reaction score
Mixture Castor Oil, avocado oil and extra virgin olive oil

I use a mixture of Castor Oil, avocado oil and extra virgin olive oil. I had an FUE transplant in January and it has grown back in a good time i think compared to another guy who had his done from another company at the same time.

I would recommend this mix my hair seems to be stronger and thicker but I will know better when I grow it out as i keep it mostly shaved at the moment.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else still taking oral castor oil? Lawl, I have no idea whether it's doing anything, but now I'm afraid of quitting it.

Knapper66HLT

Reaction score
Castor oil

Hello guys. My hair has gotten very thin in the past few months, but none has fallen out. However, i started using castor oil at the beginning of April and now my hair falls out whenever i touch my hair. This is the worst thing ever. Is castor oil making my hair fall out more?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys. My hair has gotten very thin in the past few months, but none has fallen out. However, i started using castor oil at the beginning of April and now my hair falls out whenever i touch my hair. This is the worst thing ever. Is castor oil making my hair fall out more?

It's prob aggressive male pattern baldness, doesn't matter about the castor oil.
You need something stronger to fight it!

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else still taking oral castor oil? Lawl, I have no idea whether it's doing anything, but now I'm afraid of quitting it.

I'm still on it. Too early for me to comment, but my hairs are thicker everywhere. I mean, every damn hair on my body is thicker now.

robamdb9

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post.
I'm 17 and I've been shedding a lot recently, my hairline is definitely "mature" it has been for my whole life, but I may have shifted to a 2-2.5. And I have the weird feeling on my left temple, not an itch but almost like a throbbing sensation. Yeah, not good. No loss on the crown...yet. I want to see if I can go the natural route and prevent it from getting worse. Will dermarolling and castor oil help?? What else will I need to incorporate? If it helps I am on a good diet and I get lots of exercise. Finasteride is obviously not an option, I'm 17 and I'm not sure it's worth it. I know this thread is about castor oil not my whole story but yeah, what do you guys think. Should I be using it..?

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? That's interesting! Any thickening on your head? I'm doing 2 ml per day now.

Sorry for my late response. My hair is a lot thicker then it was before, but it still seems that I'm losing hair on my crown. My hairline seems to be doing better though. So it's not the end all be all so to speak, but I think it's worth continuing.
However, every single hair on my body is also thicker now. It doesn't bother me but it might bother some. I had two wisdom teeth pulled and I didn't use it for two weeks and more body hair continued to grow. I haven't had any grow in weird places like some says it does. Much better then the rogaine hairs on your nose or under your eyes IMHO.