Castor Oil As A Hair Loss Treatment

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
CV, take a break and stop being so grammatically regimental. ;)
If there was only an edit function, you would not have known(I still can't believe there isn't one, maybe I'm not looking carefully enough). I think it's my lack of "Salmon, Spinach, Avocados, ALmonds. RElax, relax, relax".

Rpetchen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turns out I can't take Castor Oil internally. Even the slightest amount turns into the scene from Dumb and Dumber where Harry is in the bathroom. It's NOT good. Does anyone know if Castor Oil, when applied topically, is able to activate the two PGE2 receptors, or is it really an internal mechanism providing the benefits?

MindfluX

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read in this document that PGE2 will degrade to Prostglandin A and B (PGA, PGB) when it's in a solution with a pH >7.4. This could mean that the PGE2 in Castor oil with our vehicles could degrade too...something to examine more in detail.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any harm from taking castor oil orally for a long period of time? Will benefit from taking it orally or does it have to be done topically with a vehicle

By the way I heard that lavender helps rosemary oil in regards to hairloss.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any harm from taking castor oil orally for a long period of time? Will benefit from taking it orally or does it have to be done topically with a vehicle

By the way I heard that lavender helps rosemary oil in regards to hairloss.

Supposedly, oral castor oil will make *all* of your hair grow.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting but not in areas where balding or miniaturization has taken place? Or has it been known to help?

B.Wayne

Reaction score
Right now I apply castor mixed with minoxidil at night after shower I also apply minoxidil in the the morning.

Can castor oil inhibit absorption of minoxidil? Should I wash my hair before applying minoxidil in the morning?

Last edited:

B.Wayne

Reaction score
Right now I apply castor mixed with minoxidil at night after shower I also apply minoxidil in the the morning.

Can castor oil inhibit absorption of minoxidil? Should I wash my hair before applying minoxidil in the morning?
Anyone?

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I read you're not supposed to take both at the same time because they antagonize one another. Not sure if it's true or not but that's according to Swiss.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read in this document that PGE2 will degrade to Prostglandin A and B (PGA, PGB) when it's in a solution with a pH >7.4. This could mean that the PGE2 in Castor oil with our vehicles could degrade too...something to examine more in detail.

Totally false, Castor oil doesn't contain PGE2 !
Castor oil is just a pge2 ep3 agonist.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting but not in areas where balding or miniaturization has taken place? Or has it been known to help?

I've been using it for about 5-6 months orally. During this time, I've noticed my body hair getting longer (like 25-50%) and body hair sprouting on my back and shoulders (mostly vellus and short terminal hairs).

It probably does something for hair as well, possibly making them grow longer or faster but I can't vouch for that. Just don't expect regrowth from it.

As for dosage, stick to an amount between 1-2mL that has the least incidence on your digestive system. You'll know when you hit the sweet spot - the opposite being just as true.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been taking castor orally for about a month, was using castor+emu for a month too but just got some ethanol and mixed it in, so gonna start using that. Is it not a good idea to leave the ethanol and castor in a glass container together then?

The oral and topical castor, plus wounding once a week (just added LiCl), plus stemoxydine and the minoxidil and finasteride i've been using, hoping this all will at least stabilise my hairline. Time will tell!

MindfluX

My Regimen
Reaction score
@yellowbluegrey

Be careful with the LiCl, only use at bald spots, not on the hairy scalp.

Glass is always good, as plastic can have BPA.

Good luck with your new regimen.

@Seuxin

Good point. PGE2 is not in the Castor oil, but it's a EP3 agonist. A scientific article shows that it's also a EP4 agonist (both significantly).

I still wonder if the high pH value of the vehicle can destroy the PGE2 production in the scalp. We probably never know, but it's something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

MindfluX

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Seuxin

Good point about the PGE2, it's not in the Castor oil. I forgot already.

But he, then I am wondering if the vehicle can destroy the natural PGE2, by a high pH.

Btw the main product of Castor oil is also a PGE EP4 agonist, next to PGE EP3.