Cassiopea Announces Very Positive Phase 2 Twelve Months Results For Breezula

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, i was talking about placebo hair loss. CB will slow ur hairloss speed down significantly, just like finasteride does. Rate of hairloss on finasteride is alot slower, certainly the first 5-10 years. It's an anti androgen, it will work, now move on.
Rate of hair loss on finasteride is about 2-3cm^2/ year. Most people are sitll above baseline after 5 and even 10 years on finasteride.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, i was talking about placebo hair loss. CB will slow ur hairloss speed down significantly, just like finasteride does. Rate of hairloss on finasteride is alot slower, certainly the first 5-10 years. It's an anti androgen, it will work, now move on.

The 12 month results of CB were compared to the placebo group, not baseline. And after 12 months there was only a 10-15 difference. This means that since the placebo group probably lost around 10 hairs, that the CB group is only 0-5 hairs above baseline after a year.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 12 month results of CB were compared to the placebo group, not baseline. And after 12 months there was only a 10-15 difference. This means that since the placebo group probably lost around 10 hairs, that the CB group is only 0-5 hairs above baseline after a year.
Doesn't matter, combine it with finasteride and ur good to go for a long time

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Different working mechanism.

But both are supposed to be a maintenance drugs.. There is no point in using CB when you are already on finasteride. Chances are that you will maintain with finasteride for a very long time alone. So CB will only be a more of inconvenience.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
But both are supposed to be a maintenance drugs.. There is no point in using CB when you are already on finasteride. Chances are that you will maintain with finasteride for a very long time alone. So CB will only be a more of inconvenience.
Could be the difference between maintaining 10 or 20 years. I'll take the 2nd one for just applying it once a day.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is a stupid argument. they work from different angles. finasteride doesn't eliminate all dht thats why dutasteride is so much better. maybe you can achieve dutasteride like result by combining CB and finasteride, dos likely you will

You will probably maintain for 20 years on the big 3 as well. If CB is not good enough on its own for maintenance, its sh*t. The ENTIRE point of CB is to be a substitute for finasteride.

Snakeshed

My Regimen
Reaction score
You will probably maintain for 20 years on the big 3 as well. If CB is not good enough on its own for maintenance, its sh*t. The ENTIRE point of CB is to be a substitute for finasteride.
It can also be a big help in addition on low dose of finasteride for those who cannot tolerate it at full dose.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can also be a big help in addition on low dose of finasteride for those who cannot tolerate it at full dose.
Finasteride has a flat response which means that you can get brutal side effects from 0.25mg per week.
CB is the only sideless maintenance at the moment

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has a flat response which means that you can get brutal side effects from 0.25mg per week.
CB is the only sideless maintenance at the moment
0.25 /week probably doesnt do anything at all .
We still dont know if it maintains btw

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25 /week probably doesnt do anything at all .
We still dont know if it maintains btw
yes, it probably does nothing for hair loss since hair loss requires constant suppression of DHT.
however, you can get very much fucked from some few dips of DHT, that's why CB is so important.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know anyone that can make CB with all the ingredients? I mean not to buy CB from some shady source but an actual lotion that is just ready to use and have all the ingredients from the original formula.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know anyone that can make CB with all the ingredients? I mean not to buy CB from some shady source but an actual lotion that is just ready to use and have all the ingredients from the original formula.

I could potentially do this but depends where in the world you are. Im using CB myself. Check out my thread.

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paying attention to the website and the pipeline, It seems we could get winlevi the next year, as It has almost completed phase III.

It contains only 1% of the product, but in the studies there were changes from baseline (56% with only 2,5%; 58% with 5% and 62% with 7,5%).

Perhaps It could be a good addition until 2022, as it would be a local (moderate) antiandrogen and anti-inflammatory (this last one is really important, as It would attack PGD2): we might get like 40% change form baseline and stop most of further loss.

Should we be optimistic?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Paying attention to the website and the pipeline, It seems we could get winlevi the next year, as It has almost completed phase III.

It contains only 1% of the product, but in the studies there were changes from baseline (56% with only 2,5%; 58% with 5% and 62% with 7,5%).

Perhaps It could be a good addition until 2022, as it would be a local (moderate) antiandrogen and anti-inflammatory (this last one is really important, as It would attack PGD2): we might get like 40% change form baseline and stop most of further loss.

Should we be optimistic?
Optimistic in the field of hair loss, I would have to say no.
I do agree 1% could help but then is it going to be in a vehicle that would penetrate the scalp?
Is the consistency of the acne vehicle going to be able to be applied to people with hair remaining or only those with a smooth bald scalp?
No doubt I've become pessimistic but there are just too many variables to have hope on the acne formulation

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Optimistic in the field of hair loss, I would have to say no.
I do agree 1% could help but then is it going to be in a vehicle that would penetrate the scalp?
Is the consistency of the acne vehicle going to be able to be applied to people with hair remaining or only those with a smooth bald scalp?
No doubt I've become pessimistic but there are just too many variables to have hope on the acne formulation

the vehicle can be "overrided" just by increasing the concentration of organic solvents (etoh, transcutol, PG), adding them to the cream and mixing it
it's not that complicated. the inconvenient part is that you need at least 30mg of CB/ scalp / day in all cases, so you you're going to burn cash extremely fast.

if winlevi 1% is sold as 30g, then you only have 300 mg or 1 entire tube every 10 days.
if winlevi 1% is sold as 50g, then you only have 500 mg or 1 entire tube every 16 days.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the vehicle can be "overrided" just by increasing the concentration of organic solvents (etoh, transcutol, PG), adding them to the cream and mixing it
it's not that complicated. the inconvenient part is that you need at least 30mg of CB/ scalp / day in all cases, so you you're going to burn cash extremely fast.

if winlevi 1% is sold as 30g, then you only have 300 mg or 1 entire tube every 10 days.
if winlevi 1% is sold as 50g, then you only have 500 mg or 1 entire tube every 16 days.
Good point! So not only would you have to find a dr to prescibe it off label, you would need to be able to obtain multiple tubes per month, which is a huge problem with prescription meds.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
30 g is 30 000mg and 50g, 50 000mg so it will not last 10 or 16 but 1000 or 1666 days
dude are you joking?
when you buy a tube of any topical drug and it says "1% , 50g" you are not buying 50g of the drug, because the drug is a powder and it would be useless and incredibly expensive (and also the tube would say "100%")
what you are buying is excipients/vehicle and drug at 1%, which means of the 50g you have only 500mg of drug, so it's 1 tube every 16 days.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude are you joking?
when you buy a tube of any topical drug and it says "1% , 50g" you are not buying 50g of the drug, because the drug is a powder and it would be useless and incredibly expensive (and also the tube would say "100%")
what you are buying is excipients/vehicle and drug at 1%, which means of the 50g you have only 500mg of drug, so it's 1 tube every 16 days.
False