Can't Take Anymore, Quitting finasteride After 3 Years.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to update.

My side effects comments posted above were not related to finasteride.

I am back on finasteride and doing great without any kind of side effects. Greets

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to update.

My side effects comments posted above were not related to finasteride.

I am back on finasteride and doing great without any kind of side effects. Greets

Ok, what were your sides caused by and how did u address them? Glad u resolved everything

Rajiv Kumar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am almost sure that this is due to finasteride. So you should stop the medication and consult your Surgeon right away. No one can help you except a professional.

A comprehensive review of a total of 73 papers on medical therapies for BPH was conducted, with a focus on the effects of different pharmacological agents on sexual function. The review revealed that finasteride is infrequently associated with problems of ejaculation (2.1-7.7%), erection (4.9-15.8%), and libido (3.1-5.4%). So be aware of the long-term use of this medicine and talk to your doctor

Hope this helps!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 and have been on finasteride for around 3 years, I didn't realise at first but my sides have become terrible recently. I'm a frequent user of v****, I'm always tired at work and can't concentrate, my dick doesn't work. I tried to jack off before and i could hardly even get a boner, I'm at the end of my rope and i'm weening off it because I NEED to get better. I feel like crying.

I had a girl round the other night, took a v**** and had sex perfectly fine, then the morning after I tried to go again and I did her with a semi. I felt so pathetic..

I work in construction and its the tiredness that is really getting the better of me.. I know something inside my is missing, the fire, the motivation, the drive... Libido has suffered tremendously over the past few months, it's close to 0.

I've decided to ween off it starting from 0.25mg a day for around 20 days. I cant deal with this tiredness constantly, I'll never be able to have spontaneous sex, no aggression or passion in life. I feel like a walking body just doing mind numbing activites every day and just surviving. I cant handle any more. I will post progress of my recovery. Thanks for reading.

Please any recovering finasteride users give advice, or at least a ray of hope. Life feels difficult for me right now.

Classic symptoms of deficient androgens and excess estrogen in a man. Couple that with the murdered neurosteroids by Finasteride and... oh boy. Walking zombie right there. I'm sorry for you man. I was on that sh*t for a year. It also gave me puffy nipples and mild fat accumulation around the chest. Run, don't walk, to the garbage disposal and throw that sh*t away forever. If you still care about your hair there are other avenues to explore.

TomD

Reaction score
Hello guys, it has been a while.
In case anyone wants to know what happened I will try to give you all an update.

The first thing I’ll say is... however shitty you feel right now from finasteride, you can get yourself back to normal. Don’t rush it, it takes time for your body to re balance the hormones and to feel better.

If I remember correctly, I weened myself off of finasteride completely and stayed off for a few months. I definitely improved in those few months, I had more energy, I no longer needed v****! I just felt more alert and was enjoying work more. I’m lucky in that I never had any physical side effects such as gyno or excess fat.

However... I have never have had that extra “fire” whilst I’m working out if that makes sense, when you force yourself through the pain when the reps get difficult, I cant psyche myself up before trying heavy PR’s in the gym as easily as I used to. Not sure if this is related or not.

It’s hard to distinguish what is just general tiredness from doing a physical job that could happen to anyone or a side effect of finasteride.

Basically, as of today, I am back taking 0.5mg of finasteride every night. I have been doing this for between 1.5 - 2 years and I suffer no side effects. I can have sex whenever I like and never have to worry about performance issues now. I guess 0.5mg is the perfect dose for me and as far I know it has the same benefits as 1mg anyway.

In my opinion 1mg is too much risk for not enough benefit. Lower the dosage and use nizoral/minoxidil consistently, my hair has definitely fluctuated from looking like sh*t to a decent state right now in terms of thickness. I’m happy to be at least doing something to fight it whilst also not walking around like an emotionless, fatigued, limp dicked zombie! Everyone has different tolerances of the drug, this is just my personal experience though.

Il answer any questions you guys might have.