Can't Take Anymore, Quitting finasteride After 3 Years.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
OP reminds me of myself at 24. always fatigue at work, limp dick after a night out.

After numerous doctor appointments with blood work turns out I was standing on my dick to much. I was drinking too much and operating on 3-4 hours of sleep. After months I crashed and hot a wall.

I now get get my sleep. I operate best at 6.5 hours.

I started finasteride at 34 so we might be different.
Best of luck!

Ashkan63

Reaction score
Reduce your dosage gradually and then stop to give a break to your body with minimum side effects and start again if you want,finastride sides usually comes over time when u take it noun stop

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think fatigue is definitely a side effect for me. Today I woke up with more energy, I wonder why that is, last night I took propecia along with like 10 other pills, so I'm wondering if there's a chance it inteefered with the absorption.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
turns out I was standing on my dick to much

I have this problem too, always tripping over the bloody thing! I've found taping it to my leg works well.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think fatigue is definitely a side effect for me. Today I woke up with more energy, I wonder why that is, last night I took propecia along with like 10 other pills, so I'm wondering if there's a chance it inteefered with the absorption.
Let me guess: do those ten pills include grape seed, st johns wort, ginkgo, etc?
(the reason i ask is because some of these can change the metabolism rate of finasteride in your body. Cant remember the exact relation though)

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me guess: do those ten pills include grape seed, st johns wort, ginkgo, etc?
(the reason i ask is because some of these can change the metabolism rate of finasteride in your body. Cant remember the exact relation though)

*Opening my drawner to see a full of supps I wish I never bought*
- MSM powder - about 5 grams
- Vitamin C powder - 1gram
- Biotin - 5000mcg
- Vitamin B-Complex
- Vitamin D 5000iu
- Zinc glycinate - 30mg... Best dreams ever
- Some fish oil
- Gink o biloba - 120mg, can't belive I bough 360 pills of this ...
- Acne antibiotics (doxycycline 100mg)
- Blood lowering med - tritace 2.5mg
Might have also taken iron and multi vit, can't remember, but probably I didn't cuz I normally make sure to not take zinc and iron together.

g.i joey

Reaction score
gi joey did your gyno subside with yoUr regimen of 3-4 mg a week?

I took care of my gyno within the first 2 months of it appearing... got off finasteride completely, lost weight and ran a letrozole protocol. TBH no matter how much finasteride I take it doesn't irritate my nipples anymore for some reason. Oh and btw the gland shrunk but didn't disappear. My gyno is now unnoticeable aesthetically so I can live with a tiny pea sized bump.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still have many outs, if ill got depressed when my baldness would " go for it " Oral spironolactone+dutasteride. and NW0 Planet in half year. so :D

I don't think you would like what that would do to your libido.

And there's no guarantees of it growing all your hair back either.

Adding in a sufficient amount of oral estradiol may bring the libido back, it does for me. It's a different kind of libido though. And it will feminize the f*ck out of your appearance. You won't just get gyno, you'll flat outright grow boobies. And it will change the way you think and feel about stuff too. I've never felt more clearheaded since I was a pre-teen, with my brain now full of estrogen instead of DHT, and can now cry like a girl while watching a sad movie, etc.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
k thx joey, i got a gyno with 5 mg propecia but it is really small according to the scanner , this is puffy nipples .
I have stopped propecia for 2 week . Do you think 1 month will be enough? they prescribe me a dht gel to apply but the side effect are hairloss

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Adding in a sufficient amount of oral estradiol may bring the libido back, it does for me. It's a different kind of libido though. And it will feminize the f*ck out of your appearance. You won't just get gyno, you'll flat outright grow boobies. And it will change the way you think and feel about stuff too. I've never felt more clearheaded since I was a pre-teen, with my brain now full of estrogen instead of DHT, and can now cry like a girl while watching a sad movie, etc.

I'd actually love to hear more of how it changed you in terms of behavior and thinking and emotional level.
I just hope Alpicort F won't f*** with me in that sense.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Mmmm I like boobs.. i will grow them on purpose only for me!
Dont take things serious, oral spironolactone is killing being " a man " And i clearly was joking about this.

ps. I am always crying watching sad movies :D. Ehh i am such a pussy :|

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd actually love to hear more of how it changed you in terms of behavior and thinking and emotional level.
I just hope Alpicort F won't f*** with me in that sense.

Before I started HRT, I was short-tempered, always angry, impatient with people who were lazy and incompetent, etc. just generally unhappy and dissatisfied with my whole life in general. My mind was easily clouded and could only focus on one thing at a time, and when someone interrupted me I got really curt with them.

Now it seems that everything is clear for me. I have tons of patience even with stupid incompetant people I have to deal with, instead I just feel sorry that they're not as bright, intelligent and capable as me. I can also multi-task so much better now, all my coworkers have noted that I've made a 180 degree turnaround from the a**h** I used to be. (I'm an I.T. sysadmin by profession)

I now walk around with a smile on my face, and even though I was rather emotional before... but only in private... I can now start crying at the drop of a hat. My sympathy and empathy I feel for others is orders of magnitude greater.... just like I was as a child before puberty.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I started HRT, I was short-tempered, always angry, impatient with people who were lazy and incompetent, etc. just generally unhappy and dissatisfied with my whole life in general. My mind was easily clouded and could only focus on one thing at a time, and when someone interrupted me I got really curt with them.

Now it seems that everything is clear for me. I have tons of patience even with stupid incompetant people I have to deal with, instead I just feel sorry that they're not as bright, intelligent and capable as me. I can also multi-task so much better now, all my coworkers have noted that I've made a 180 degree turnaround from the a**h** I used to be. (I'm an I.T. sysadmin by profession)

I now walk around with a smile on my face, and even though I was rather emotional before... but only in private... I can now start crying at the drop of a hat. My sympathy and empathy I feel for others is orders of magnitude greater.... just like I was as a child before puberty.

It definitely sounds like your quality of life has changed for the better. I could myself use those changes, except for the crying at the drop of a hat haha.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mmmm I like boobs.. i will grow them on purpose only for me!
[

A pair of high quality silicone breastforms and a pocket bra to hold them on is less than $100 and they're nice and soft, squishy, jiggly when you walk and fun to play with, plus you can take them off when you don't want them on. :p:D:rolleyes:

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely sounds like your quality of life has changed for the better. I could myself use those changes, except for the crying at the drop of a hat haha.

It's as if my brain was intended to be fueled by estrogen instead of testosterone. Most transgender and intersexed people report similar changes on HRT. I've even been thinking about getting my DNA sequenced to see if I might have a genetic intersex anomoly. If true, it sure would explain things about the way I am. Before I was born, my mother said thought she was carrying another girl, but I came out with a full set of male "equipment", but the doctors also did some kind of emergency surgery "down there" on me. My parents never would talk to me about that either, and I have no signs or scars, but that was 55 years ago.

Last edited:

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A pair of high quality silicone breastforms and a pocket bra to hold them on is less than $100 and they're nice and soft, squishy, jiggly when you walk and fun to play with, plus you can take them off when you don't want them on. :p:D:rolleyes:

Will they also make me bench 315 for reps ? If so I'm never taking them off. :D

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think it could be a good idea to cycle an aromatase ihibitor such as letrozole or tamoxifen with propecia .
using it once or twice a year for several week to lower the oestrogen while on propecia ?IS it unsafe ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and that sucks , i have stopped propecia for 20 days now and i realised that i have been in denial about sides .
I feel more aggressive , more muscular , more energy .
The raise in oestrogen and the low dht impacted me a lot .
But i will have to take it again , i value my hair more . I wait 1 more month to let the gyno shrink then start again.