Can't Take Anymore, Quitting finasteride After 3 Years.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and that sucks , i have stopped propecia for 20 days now and i realised that i have been in denial about sides .
I feel more aggressive , more muscular , more energy .
The raise in oestrogen and the low dht impacted me a lot .
But i will have to take it again , i value my hair more . I wait 1 more month to let the gyno shrink then start again.

My first round on finasteride I quit after 9 months. Only after I quit I realised that I did get sides, exactley the same as you, also it affected my cognitive ability. But I'm back on finasteride because I also value my hair, I'm now on for 8 months.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man i have been in a crazy denial phase . i took propecia 1 mg for 16 month and 7 month of 5 mg propecia .
and i tried to convince myself that i had no sides , but damn, i even get gyno^^.
no libido , erectyle dysfunction. And i am only 23 .
and the worst part , it didnt even stop my receding hairline . But i know that propecia is the only treatment so i will jump on it agai as soon as i can

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
by the way according to you 1 month break will not worsen my hair too much?
and the Doctor prexcribe me a dht cream to apply to nipples , but i don't want to lose more hair

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP, the symphony you describe sound like a low DHT cuck, BUT, it sounds like the brutal depressing side effects of baldness. I had those side feelings before ever touching any treatments for the mere reason I knew I was going bald and im still not even NW2 yet, but I can see the horseshoe patter slowly forming as well as lack of density and it keeps getting worse. I feel tired all day, there's no point in doing anything as a balding male.

That's actually good to hear. But if it doesn't even work, well...

I remember reading somewhere topical finasteride is equally if not more efficient than oral. But most people think topical finasteride only works to the extent that it goes SYSTEMIC.
But if finasteride works because it goes systemic.. what is the logic behind it?

If the problem is in the scalp.. why would it need to go systemic?

Im using topical myself for 2 years and I have less hair than I started and my sclap itch is not fixed, but it feels a bit better when I use it. I think it does something but not strong enough.

Anyway my point is, why would we need to lower ir systematically if the problem is in the scalp?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man i have been in a crazy denial phase . i took propecia 1 mg for 16 month and 7 month of 5 mg propecia .
and i tried to convince myself that i had no sides , but damn, i even get gyno^^.
no libido , erectyle dysfunction. And i am only 23 .
and the worst part , it didnt even stop my receding hairline . But i know that propecia is the only treatment so i will jump on it agai as soon as i can
^^^^

This is how brutal balding is. This guy gets absolutely fucked by lowering his DHT (gyno) and he still considerings going back to finasteride. Balding is the biggest joke (torture) ever, and we are still stuck with the same f*****g tranny drug.

I suspect the RU is going to do sh*t nothing, but it's my last bullet.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, the symphony you describe sound like a low DHT cuck, BUT, it sounds like the brutal depressing side effects of baldness. I had those side feelings before ever touching any treatments for the mere reason I knew I was going bald and im still not even NW2 yet, but I can see the horseshoe patter slowly forming as well as lack of density and it keeps getting worse. I feel tired all day, there's no point in doing anything as a balding male.

But if finasteride works because it goes systemic.. what is the logic behind it?

If the problem is in the scalp.. why would it need to go systemic?

Im using topical myself for 2 years and I have less hair than I started and my sclap itch is not fixed, but it feels a bit better when I use it. I think it does something but not strong enough.

Anyway my point is, why would we need to lower ir systematically if the problem is in the scalp?
You have 5AR in both your scalp and your blood. The impact of serum DHT to hair follicles is debatable.

You've been using topical finasteride too?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^^^^

This is how brutal balding is. This guy gets absolutely fucked by lowering his DHT (gyno) and he still considerings going back to finasteride. Balding is the biggest joke (torture) ever, and we are still stuck with the same f*****g tranny drug.

I suspect the RU is going to do sh*t nothing, but it's my last bullet.
If you're using RU, then that's really not comparable. RU is a androgen receptor blocker, not a 5AR inhibitor.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have 5AR in both your scalp and your blood. The impact of serum DHT to hair follicles is debatable.

You've been using topical finasteride too?
Yes, foam with 5% minoxidil on it too. Some weekends I use spironolactone with the minoxidil in liquid form, it's useless. Not to mention it's annoying as f*** and makes my hair look like sh*t since a lot of the product goes into the hair. I need to use up to 6 pumps of the foam to properly cover the scalp when it's usually 2 as recommended (I think) by commercial 5% minoxidil foams, so I must be using way higher doses, but I don't see any other way to properly cover my scalp. I don't see how the f*** you are going to do anything with 2 pumps only. I put 2 pumps and most of my scalp is still dry and hasn't been touched by the product.

And yes, you have 5ar in your blood, so what? The damage is done on the scalp.
If you're using RU, then that's really not comparable. RU is a androgen receptor blocker, not a 5AR inhibitor.

Im not using RU yet, I will add it to my regmin soon. I will buy the 5% mixed KB solution, put 1 ml in a vial, and put 1ml of minoxidil, and use that. 2 ml is maybe too little so I may need to add an aditional 1ml of water to properly apply it around or just say f*** it, and add 1.5 ml of minoxidil and 1.5ml of RU. It's just hell applying the recomended doses of topicals, I don't see how the f*** anyone can work with 1ml (as recomended my commercial lliquid minoxidil brands)

Btw, from what I've read, some say using receptor blockers long term repeadly may be a huge mistake and create a sort of backlash effect, so I will only use it 2 days a week like I did with spironolactone. Then again, the problem is the base treatmetn (finasteride and minoxidil) is not being enough so I doubt it will do any thing relevant.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yes, you have 5ar in your blood, so what? The damage is done on the scalp.
Didn't that just answered your own question?......

BTW, may I ask where did you get your topical finasteride from?

Btw, from what I've read, some say using receptor blockers long term repeadly may be a huge mistake and create a sort of backlash effect

Yes, a potent anti androgen can almost guarantee androgen receptor upregulation. It's just the question of whether the upregulation overshot the blocker's effect. Posts like "RU ruined my hair" can be found everywhere. The same can happen with finasteride too.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes this drug is not a joke . i was taking 5 mg because 1 mg didin't work . iwanted hair so bad that i was in denial , but no way i could live with gyno . and this is slowly disapearing. .

TomD

Reaction score
update: so I've been on 0.25 mg for nearly a week every other day, dont feel any different really. I'm aware the half life of finasteride is around 2 weeks anyway so I've probably still the got 1mg effect in my body for another week. Enjoying reading the discussion in here, very insightful.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 23 and have been on finasteride for around 3 years, I didn't realise at first but my sides have become terrible recently. I'm a frequent user of v****, I'm always tired at work and can't concentrate, my dick doesn't work. I tried to jack off before and i could hardly even get a boner, I'm at the end of my rope and i'm weening off it because I NEED to get better. I feel like crying.

I had a girl round the other night, took a v**** and had sex perfectly fine, then the morning after I tried to go again and I did her with a semi. I felt so pathetic..

I work in construction and its the tiredness that is really getting the better of me.. I know something inside my is missing, the fire, the motivation, the drive... Libido has suffered tremendously over the past few months, it's close to 0.

I've decided to ween off it starting from 0.25mg a day for around 20 days. I cant deal with this tiredness constantly, I'll never be able to have spontaneous sex, no aggression or passion in life. I feel like a walking body just doing mind numbing activites every day and just surviving. I cant handle any more. I will post progress of my recovery. Thanks for reading.

Please any recovering finasteride users give advice, or at least a ray of hope. Life feels difficult for me right now.

Hello, did you gain anything from finasteride. I used maybe 3 - 4 years and quitted nothing happened (no shedding, not because side effects).
You can test it and if you still need it you can use topically.

TomD

Reaction score
im pretty sure it slowed my hair loss (along with minoxidil and nizoral) but my hairline has always been high and sh*t anyway. it does work.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Didn't that just answered your own question?......

BTW, may I ask where did you get your topical finasteride from?

Yes, a potent anti androgen can almost guarantee androgen receptor upregulation. It's just the question of whether the upregulation overshot the blocker's effect. Posts like "RU ruined my hair" can be found everywhere. The same can happen with finasteride too.

It's not a question. It's a fact that the damage happens on the scalp, therefore messing with DHT at a systemic level seems illogical.

I get the finasteride from a local place, not online.

About the other paragraph, that's why im scared to use RU more than 2 times a week or so. Finasteride is safe to use, the reducing enzyme is not the same as reducing the actual receptor. Of course, ideally you would like to take small breaks from finasteride.

But the thing is, if the base treatment (that is, finasteride and minoxidil) is not working, im already fucked and I should just drink cyanide. It doesn't matter if I add 2 days of RU, when the rest of the days the treatment is not working.

It just used spironolactone yesterday and my hair itching again. There is no winning, it's over. I can't stop this f*****g cancer.

TomD

Reaction score
update 2: been on 0.25 every other day for just over 2 weeks, and i have actually woken up with a boner a couple of times which hasnt happened for a while. Also feel like I have more energy at work so I think the lower dosage is really helping. 1 mg was killing me from all angles, 0.25 is doing me well and I'm just hoping my hair maintains well. Will update in another week or so.

DeterminedGuy

Reaction score
Just hope you don't start growing a unicorn horn, man that is the worst of all. I heard one guy woke up in the middle of the night and impaled his wife with it.

Started on 0.5mg myself today, and thinking 0.25mg as well but daily. The worst is does nothing for my hair, or I grow a unicorn horn and lose my ability to perform. I'll let the hair take the hit in this one. :)

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? After one pill? I definitely know what you mean, when I first attempted finasteride I was doing 7/7 and woke up one morning sooo fkn tired I felt so out of it.. anyways fast forward to beginning of 2016 and I've been able to avoid that feeling by taking a day off every one or two days I'm on the drug. It's funny because when I first ever tried finasteride I got some pretty serious sides. Got off the drug got into better shape, take finasteride 3-4 times a week and have never encountered any of those problems again.

Hi GI Joey,

So working out and reducing the dosage actually worked to help reduce your side effects? I'm experiencing loss of libido, fatigue and very watery semen, loss of desire to have sex at all.

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
update 2: been on 0.25 every other day for just over 2 weeks, and i have actually woken up with a boner a couple of times which hasnt happened for a while. Also feel like I have more energy at work so I think the lower dosage is really helping. 1 mg was killing me from all angles, 0.25 is doing me well and I'm just hoping my hair maintains well. Will update in another week or so.

Tom D, any new update on progress?

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 and have been on finasteride for around 3 years, I didn't realise at first but my sides have become terrible recently. I'm a frequent user of v****, I'm always tired at work and can't concentrate, my dick doesn't work. I tried to jack off before and i could hardly even get a boner, I'm at the end of my rope and i'm weening off it because I NEED to get better. I feel like crying.

I had a girl round the other night, took a v**** and had sex perfectly fine, then the morning after I tried to go again and I did her with a semi. I felt so pathetic..

I work in construction and its the tiredness that is really getting the better of me.. I know something inside my is missing, the fire, the motivation, the drive... Libido has suffered tremendously over the past few months, it's close to 0.

I've decided to ween off it starting from 0.25mg a day for around 20 days. I cant deal with this tiredness constantly, I'll never be able to have spontaneous sex, no aggression or passion in life. I feel like a walking body just doing mind numbing activites every day and just surviving. I cant handle any more. I will post progress of my recovery. Thanks for reading.

Please any recovering finasteride users give advice, or at least a ray of hope. Life feels difficult for me right now.
Bro, did your Body hair growth became faster?? After quitting finasteride??

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im roughly a month in to my finasteride, my libido had dropped dramatically,but im single so it doesn't bother me much tbh. One other thing i have noticed though is my sleep quality has dropped, i'm only getting about 3 hours sleep a night while i used to get a solid 7-9 hour sleep. only thing that has changed is finasteride, weird.