Can't put weight on

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I push myself hard in the gym (usually every other day) lifting weights, I eat LOADS of good food (I'm almost constantly eating!), I take creatine and 2x protein shakes a day. I'm 6ft 1in, weigh 82Kg and have been that weight for months.

I don't smoke or do drugs and I don't drink very much (a few beers on the weekend maybe).

For some reason I cannot put on weight! :(

Can anyone help?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stampede said:
Can anyone help?

Eat more. Sounds like an a**h** answer, but that's how to do it. Calculate the avg daily calories you take in and add another 500 calories/day to that #. If you still don't gain any weight after 2 weeks, add another 500/day and weigh yourself in 2 more weeks. Keep on doing this till you gain weight.

Some people just have super-duper fast metabolism and have a tougher time gaining weight.

antonio666

Reaction score
try dutas,that makes you gain weight,but makes your hair fall out and accelarates the balding process,your choivce

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
stampede the reason your not gaining is simple. You are over training my friend , Training every over day is to much for a natural person to train , To train the way your training you need to be on steroids or incredibly genetically gifted i recomend you go the book BEYOND BRAUN and read it ..

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie, cheers for that mate.

antonio666 said:
try dutas,that makes you gain weight,but makes your hair fall out and accelarates the balding process,your choivce

Eh?! :?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
stampede the reason your not gaining is simple. You are over training my friend , Training every over day is to much for a natural person to train , To train the way your training you need to be on steroids or incredibly genetically gifted i recomend you guy the book BEYOND BRAUN and read it ..

Cheers dude, great advice there, thanks :wink:

CCS

Reaction score
I train compound muscle groups every 4 days. Like bench press for example. And I do about 10 sets (3 incline, 3 decline, etc). Is that over training?

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
no thats perfect colledgechemistrystudent compound training is the best way to train.. isolation work is a waiste of time for guys like us who just want to look great naturally without steroids ,, can you show me your routine??

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
but you should forget about decline and incline for now.. and ten sets seems a bit high... man i strongly recomend the book BEYOND BRAUN it changed my life it is the ultimate book for natural bodybuilding ..if you follow what the book says and train the way stuart mcrobert says ( the author ) you will be amazed at how good you can look..

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
stampede the reason your not gaining is simple. You are over training my friend , Training every over day is to much for a natural person to train , To train the way your training you need to be on steroids or incredibly genetically gifted i recomend you go the book BEYOND BRAUN and read it ..

are you kidding me....you have no CLUE WHAT his routine is and your saying he is overtraining!?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Harie said:
stampede said:
Can anyone help?

Eat more. Sounds like an @55**e answer, but that's how to do it. Calculate the avg daily calories you take in and add another 500 calories/day to that #. If you still don't gain any weight after 2 weeks, add another 500/day and weigh yourself in 2 more weeks. Keep on doing this till you gain weight.

Some people just have super-duper fast metabolism and have a tougher time gaining weight.

just listen to harie...cuz it doesn't seem like anyone else here has a clue whats goin on....

size comes down to one thing...EATING...your routine has nothing to do with size...as long as you are progressively adding weight and constantly eating you will grow....if your 160 and you want to get to 180 you have to eat like a 200lber...I know you may think your eating a lot...but youre not.....If its too tough to keep eating get some meal replacements and drink those in addition to your food and protein shakes.

G

hairtodaygonetomorrow you are a jackass, who are you to give advice you weigh 160 lbs and your giving advice how to gain weight??. Everything you say on this forum is stupid , you didnt even know there was topical finasteride yet you were so adament there was no such thing ...I think your nothing but a keyboard warrior so shut your stupid mouth you annoying runt.. Stampede as i said before training every other day is overtraining you should train no more then 3 times a week lets say monday , wednesday , friday and only use compound exercises eg: bench press , over head press , squat , deadlift , pulldowns etc you have to understand that if you listen to this hairtodaygonetomorrow moron and just eat alot and train every other day you will gain minimal muscle and major fat ..yes a surplus diet of lean protein healthy fats and complex carbs is very important in order to gain quality muscle and ofcourse the way to train is progressive poundages in good form this isnt breaking news ..but also the MOST important thing is not to overtrain ..training every other day is over training !!l ets say your training four days a week that is to much... three days is a maximum ..if you want an expert opinion trust me get the book BEYOND BRAUN by stuart mcrobert its the ultimate for drug free training that actually works for genetically typical people ....and please dont listen to this hairtodaygonetomorrow guy hes verbal Diareah is all over this forum and should not be heard...

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine also has really fast metabolisem, he has 4.5% fat :shock: he couldnt gain any weight even when he ate tons of food
so he started using a weight gainer, the first one he used was not good but then he bought another one called seriuos mess its a good and expensive one and he drinks two of them a day each one has alot of calories in it and he drinks it with milk so its alot more
try it im sure it will help

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
hairtodaygonetomorrow you are a jackass, who are you to give advice you weigh 160 lbs and your giving advice how to gain weight??. Everything you say on this forum is stupid , you didnt even know there was topical finasteride yet you were so adament there was no such thing ...I think your nothing but a keyboard warrior so shut your stupid mouth you annoying runt.. Stampede as i said before training every other day is overtraining you should train no more then 3 times a week lets say monday , wednesday , friday and only use compound exercises eg: bench press , over head press , squat , deadlift , pulldowns etc you have to understand that if you listen to this hairtodaygonetomorrow moron and just eat alot and train every other day you will gain minimal muscle and major fat ..yes a surplus diet of lean protein healthy fats and complex carbs is very important in order to gain quality muscle and ofcourse the way to train is progressive poundages in good form this isnt breaking news ..but also the MOST important thing is not to overtrain ..training every other day is over training !!l ets say your training four days a week that is to much... three days is a maximum ..if you want an expert opinion trust me get the book BEYOND BRAUN by stuart mcrobert its the ultimate for drug free training that actually works for genetically typical people ....and please dont listen to this hairtodaygonetomorrow guy hes verbal Diareah is all over this forum and should not be heard...

im 5ft8 and 160....maybe im happy at my size?
I know there is topical finasteride...what im saying is that i dont think it woudl be effective...there are studies both ways...some say it is and some say it isnt.

3 days is a max anymore than that and your over training? please man...what if he is doing 1 body part per day...how is that over training? Ive trained 3x a week 4x a week and 5x a week...ive made gains doing all three. A muscle typically needs 72 hrs to repair itself...(some need a little less some a little more)

noob.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
mon: chest
tues: back
wed:legs
thurs:shoulders
fri: bi and and tri

if your sleeping 8 or so hrs a night and eating right....this split would not cause you to overtrain.

I wouldnt recommend this...esp for a beginner b/c compound lifts and total body workouts are better to pack on size....but STILL this would not cause overtraining.

G

Its not the bodyparts im talking about that are getting over trained , Its the whole nervous system that needs rest, If you train WITH REAL EFFORT 5 times a week like you just said you did and had great gains, You will not be able to keep this going for the long term.. You will stress your body and your nervous system so bad over time that you will damage your immune system and become so week that you will get sick so easily and have a whole host of stress related problems .. not to mention you wont see much gains ...The only way you can train like this is to be on STEROIDS or to be GENETICALLY GIFTED , These gifted people can gain enormously no matter how wrong they train but they only make up 5% of human beings.. And as for your comments next time dont judge people you dont even know by saying they dont know anything there talking about ..You seem to be the one here who says alot of stuff without knowing much facts.

G

mon: chest
tues: back
wed:legs
thurs:shoulders
fri: bi and and tri
That is overtraining for the typical person...That is how Ronnie coleman and all them steroid infested gargoyles train ..It is not the way for a natural man to train ...If someone natural trains like that with hardly any rest day he wont gain much...

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
Its not the bodyparts im talking about that are getting over trained , Its the whole nervous system that needs rest, If you train WITH REAL EFFORT 5 times a week like you just said you did and had great gains, You will not be able to keep this going for the long term.. You will stress your body and your nervous system so bad over time that you will damage your immune system and become so week that you will get sick so easily and have a whole host of stress related problems .. not to mention you wont see much gains ...The only way you can train like this is to be on STEROIDS or to be GENETICALLY GIFTED , These gifted people can gain enormously no matter how wrong they train but they only make up 5% of human beings.. And as for your comments next time dont judge people you dont even know by saying they dont know anything there talking about ..You seem to be the one here who says alot of stuff without knowing much facts.

its called the cns....and overtaxing your cns is not easy....if it was that easy construction workers would be sick and dying...they work long hours and do hard physical labor.

what puts a lot of stress on your CNS is working close to your 1 rep max repeatedly. LIke if you dead lifted 4x a week at 85% of your 1 rep max. However not everyone trains that high....the easiest way to tax your cns is to constantly perform excercises close to your 1 RM....so if your training like the routine i just listed and now GOIN TO FAILURE on every set you will not overtrain.

CCS

Reaction score
I think HTGT is right about this. I remember reading about it somewhere. It takes a lot of thought power to put out maximum muscle power. But you can day dream while doing light weights and not going to failure. Like riding a bike. Cardio is good for your CNS.