Can Whey Protein Speed Up Hair Loss?

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry bro but I am not a scam. learn your place. do not judge people without asking anything. I have been using this too for a while. I am extremely pleased with the result.
Not sure who you're trying to fool. You join the forum, Name yourself ARGANLife and then your only two messages are to promote using arganlife products. Do the maths dumbass. Your product is spammed in almost any hairloss video on youtube even. Its a scam and everyone knows it.

StevenDex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to take whey protein as well, but back then I didnt had any significant hairloss and never heard of any side effects

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes definitely, intake of protein supplements like whey protein will affect the hair growth due to increase in testosterone levels in the bloodstream.
Instead of this, you can take egg or pea protein powder as they are much better

jeffmarsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
The ingredients contained in your whey protein drink increases testosterone, triggering the chemical DHT and accelerating the balding process. If you are taking these, my advice is to stop taking the protein shake in daily routine and instead get your protein fix from high-protein food, such as chicken, fish and eggs. If you stop drinking Whey protein then your hair loss should slow down again.

Last edited:

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
That has not been demonstrated.

It's been proven, it raises dht. I suffer my worst hair loss when I was on creatine for about 4 months, literally went from a Norwood to 1 to 1.5 Norwood in that spand and was losing 100+ hairs a day. You can try it and see for yourself.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been proven, it raises dht. I suffer my worst hair loss when I was on creatine for about 4 months, literally went from a Norwood to 1 to 1.5 Norwood in that spand and was losing 100+ hairs a day. You can try it and see for yourself.

It has not been proven.

There is one (just one) short-term study with a small sample size showing a modest increase in serum DHT.

They did not measure an increase in the relevant parameter of scalp DHT. They did not measure a decrease in hair health.

FYI the standard for proof in pharmaceutical claims is two independent statistically significant studies.

Last edited:

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
It has not been proven.

There is one (just one) short-term study with a small sample size showing a modest increase in serum DHT.

They did not measure an increase in the relevant parameter of scalp DHT. They did not measure a decrease in hair health.

FYI the standard for proof in pharmaceutical claims is two independent statistically significant studies.

Give creatine a then.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's bullshit. I'm full of testosterone right now; I mean I'm close to the upper range yet my shedding is calm now. 2 years ago I had less testosterone and my shedding was the worst. Always on same regimen for 4 years... DHT almost the same last 2 years.
But heyyy it's only because of testosterone and dht right? ; )

Bryant12

My Regimen
Reaction score

i agree ...my hair thinning accelerated when i took creatine

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Neither whey protein nor creatine affect your hair loss. Being stressed, sitting on your *** in front of a computer, and eating garbage on the other hand, can certainly mess things up as far speeding your hair loss.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Bull crap, creatine will accelerate your hair loss. Who ever is thinking about using creatine, don't, trust me.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using creatine and the big 3 around the same time, 2 years ago. Been on both non-stop since. In that time I've recovered from a NW2.5 to a NW2

Evwatt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been living on 4 scoops of whey a day for the past year, and this scares me a bit.

My temples have thinned out a bit and my head has been itching like crazy recently. I think it comes down to a micronutrient deficiency because the only other think I eat other than whey is Greek yogurt.

aldog

Reaction score
my trichologist told me all BCAA's should be avoided, including whey. I've since changed to a sunwarrior vegan protein powder and a whey concentrate.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I doubt it would have much effect; never changed things for me