Can Ru58841 Have Been Dropped For Causing Cancer?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently Big Baby Miller tested positive for GW1516

This drug had gotten passed two phase II studies before being dropped for causing cancer. What this means is that RU58841s preclinical studies are essensially worthless and it can be a carcinogen that we have been using all this time without knowing.

The stability concerns of RU58841 for one often given as a reason for why it may have been dropped are not true. It remains stable for at least 30 days and this has been tested by multiple organic chemists.

So this leaves out only 3 other major options
1) It wasnt that effective
2) It causes CANCER
3) ilIt causes some other negative health effect

You choose what you want to do but I thought I would share this information with you all. So many people are misled into believing that just because a drug passes phase I that it is safe. THIS IS NOT TRUE

I am quite worried by this news and would not recommend ru58841 to anybody and am no longer going to be using it personally.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

This drug had gotten passed two phase II studies before being dropped for causing cancer. What this means is that RU58841s phase 1 and 2 studies are essensially worthless and it can be a carcinogen that we have been using all this time without knowing.

The stability concerns of RU58841 for one often given as a reason for why it may have been dropped are not true. It remains stable for at least 30 days and this has been tested by multiple organic chemists.

So this leaves out only 2 other major options
2) It causes CANCER

You choose what you want to do but I thought I would share this information with you all. So many people are misled into believing that just because a drug passes phase II drugs that it is safe. THIS IS NOT TRUE

I am quite worried by this news and would not recommend ru58841 to anybody and am no longer going to be using it personally.

Fairly sure when a reason for cancelling is beyond just financial problems i.e. dangerous findings then it’s at least published. I remember reading somewhere the company that was trialing it went bankrupt.

el_duterino

Reaction score
The company which developed the drug, Roussel Uclaf sold the dermatology department to another drug company which again sold these drugs licenses to another company which decided to focus on other areas not hair loss

RU has no future now that we have good effectiveness and safety human studies with CB available.

CB is far superior you can use more and have no sides while RU gives sexual side effects at a higher dosage

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The company which developed the drug, Roussel Uclaf sold the dermatology department to another drug company which again sold these drugs licenses to another company which decided to focus on other areas not hair loss

RU has no future now that we have good effectiveness and safety human studies with CB available.

CB is far superior you can use more and have no sides while RU gives sexual side effects at a higher dosage

Glad to see you're no longer promoting RU, but if it was indeed a carcinogen you would have a large responsibility for its popular use given how much and how hard you've promoted RU as safe. I remember specifically hearing from you that it was safe because it passed phase 1 or phase 2 studies and specifically remember you trying to justify why it was dropped by claiming it is not stable in a solution.

CB also is only done phase II just like the drug I mentioned in the OP. Keep that in mind while you promote it so openly

el_duterino

Reaction score
I never wrote that because it never passed phase 2
I wrote use it at your own risk

I used RU for 10 years and have no cancer you used it for 3 weeks what are you afraid of cancer for?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My goodness there is a lot to digest here. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but is your theory that RU is carcinogenic solely based on the fact that a very different drug causes cancer? Surely there has to be something more.

Also, lol at thinking that 30+ days of stability would make RU marketable. It would need to last at least a year to have a shot at being mass produced. Drugs like RU die all the time. A company goes under, a company merges with another company and the pipeline gets shuffled, or investors don’t think there is a big enough market for it. It happens all the time. This article includes an investor statement that sheds more light on why RU fizzled: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/the-strange-predicament-of-ru58841/

Finally, with respect, I really think it’s hypocritical to give someone crap for promoting CB when you promoted Daro and still list it in your regimen.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My goodness there is a lot to digest here. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but is your theory that RU is carcinogenic solely based on the fact that a very different drug causes cancer? Surely there has to be something more.

Also, lol at thinking that 30+ days of stability would make RU marketable. It would need to last at least a year to have a shot at being mass produced. Drugs like RU die all the time. A company goes under, a company merges with another company and the pipeline gets shuffled, or investors don’t think there is a big enough market for it. It happens all the time. This article includes an investor statement that sheds more light on why RU fizzled: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/the-strange-predicament-of-ru58841/

Finally, with respect, I really think it’s hypocritical to give someone crap for promoting CB when you promoted Daro and still list it in your regimen.

youre right about that. I no longer supprot daro. Im not sure how to remove it from my regiment.

My whole point was that it is not FDA appproved and there are no published human studies on it and furthermore the phase 1 and 2 trails that it passed are not sufficient to conclude safety as this other drug and Im sure many others have been proven to be carcinogens after phase 2 studies.

I said I can only confirm is stability for up to 30 days there is no reseason to assume it goes bad straight after. Also it is stable in powder form for up to 2 years at least so it could be compounded every month. Im sure many would choose this option if it worked as well as finasteride with a much lower risk for sexual sides.

Cardiotoxicity has been anecdotally reported about ru many times. You can assume it to be safe

I will check out your link later on

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never wrote that because it never passed phase 2
I wrote use it at your own risk

I used RU for 10 years and have no cancer you used it for 3 weeks what are you afraid of cancer for?

you said phase 1 or two I very specifically remember you trying to justify why it was dropped

people have smoked for 10 years with no cancer too. It proves nothing.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you said phase 1 or two I very specifically remember you trying to justify why it was dropped

people have smoked for 10 years with no cancer too. It proves nothing.
Bottom line — many of us in this sub are taking great health risks. I would hope any lurkers would understand that these expiremental treatments aren’t safe.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bottom line — many of us in this sub are taking great health risks. I would hope any lurkers would understand that these expiremental treatments aren’t safe.

I would have no problem if this was the narrative but often times people reccomend RU before even finasteride wich is completely ridiculous imo

always choose FDA approved drugs over research chemicals that have been dropped. it should be common sense

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have no problem if this was the narrative but often times people reccomend RU before even finasteride wich is completely ridiculous imo

always choose FDA approved drugs over research chemicals that have been dropped. it should be common sense
I used RU for years. In the end, it was the FDA approved drug that bit me in the ***.....

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score

This drug had gotten passed two phase II studies before being dropped for causing cancer. What this means is that RU58841s phase 1 and 2 studies are essensially worthless and it can be a carcinogen that we have been using all this time without knowing.

So this leaves out only 2 other major options
2) It causes CANCER

You choose what you want to do but I thought I would share this information with you all. So many people are misled into believing that just because a drug passes phase II drugs that it is safe. THIS IS NOT TRUE

But where is your proof that RU55841 causes cancer? Everything in your post is speculation.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ya, you obviously have to use fda approved treatments over treatments that r still on the testing phase, atleast u know what sides u expect to get from using finastride (if any).

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 years on ru.(150mg/day) , no health issues, no cancer, yearly bloodwork done

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sides with finasteride?
after a 5years break i restarted (was 10years on finasteride). at present very soft testicles pain. however, feel good till now. in combo with ru, it seems to work again. ru alone failed in the last 2 years

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
plan to switch from ru to cb end of year. just to prevent possibles sides if finasteride and ru accumulates my testicles pain