Calling out feelsbadman again to provide proof of the following

INT

Reaction score
I am sure you have plenty of patients. So many people with those disorders. In most of the patients, what is the most common root cause? A traumatic event, chemical imbalance, or a toxic environment. There has to be some common ground. I think in this forum most are victims of bullying.

Dysfunctional environments leading to dysfunctional circumstances leading to a dysfunctional learning history leading to individuals allow dysfunctional people/events into their lives and thus, the cycle keeps on spinning.

If I would have to pick just one factor: parents failing to fulfill the basic human needs of their children because the same happened to them when they were kids. We are all victims of other victims.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dysfunctional environments leading to dysfunctional circumstances leading to a dysfunctional learning history leading to individuals allow dysfunctional people/events into their lives and thus, the cycle keeps on spinning.

If I would have to pick just one factor: parents failing to fulfill the basic human needs of their children because the same happened to them when they were kids. We are all victims of other victims.
how can i move on and let something go ? my therapist hasnt helped

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Very well put. That is why we love "train wrecks"( dysfunctional people) because we can relate. That is why the YouTube channels with the most subscribers tend to be run by a huge dysfunctional person. Every family has it's dysfunction. And with that people try to balance it out with perfectionism which consequently leads back to dysfunction. It's a never ending loop.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
how can i move on and let something go ? my therapist hasnt helped
Try seeing if @INT can give you some video chat therapy. I think he would be good for you if he is open to it. But you have to pay him for his time. No freebies.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Life is a series of decisions. One thing leads to another. Sometimes you just gotta be open minded and brave and take advantage of the opportunities you're given..

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea its true my ex was really disturbed but i felt comfortable being with her i realised later it was a reflection of my dysfunctional mother
really mind blowing experience

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yea its true my ex was really disturbed but i felt comfortable being with her i realised later it was a reflection of my dysfunctional mother
really mind blowing experience
So does that mean you have the potential to turn into Norman Bates? LOL! In all seriousness, now we know what is really the root of your dysfunctional behavior. We are all victims of abuse. It's hard when it's your own parents or family.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So does that mean you have the potential to turn into Norman Bates? LOL! In all seriousness, now we know what is really the root of your dysfunctional behavior. We are all victims of abuse. It's hard when it's your own parents or family.
yea it really changed my life. Im fairly certain my mother is narcissistic. It makes a lot of sense. But I also know her parents were messed up as well . as already meantioned the cycle of abuse gets passed on. my ex was similar in many ways to my mother but worse. . She was very sick id say almost socio pathic

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea it really changed my life. Im fairly certain my mother is narcissistic. It makes a lot of sense. But I also know her parents were messed up as well . as already meantioned the cycle of abuse gets passed on. my ex was similar in many ways to my mother but worse. . She was very sick id say almost socio pathic
My parents are difficult people.. I'm glad I'm not like them. And I'll ensure my future wife whether it's my current gf or someone else will be a gentle, supportive, kind, pure person.

INT

Reaction score
always thought the range is “everything from legal age until 2 years older than self”^^

Two of the best ‘bed partners’ I ever had were 8 and 9 year older than me. One when I was 25 and one when I was 28.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two of the best ‘bed partners’ I ever had were 8 and 9 year older than me. One when I was 25 and one when I was 28.
that was a joke...
usually it shouldnt matter...

its not like everybody is damaged goods (or whatever they call it) after 29...

i rather think that men without much experience prefer younger women because they arent confident enough and the partner wont have much to compare to (or so they think)...

cant say i ever had a gf of fwb or whatever who was older than me by more than a year, though...