Caffeine 0.2% Topical Almost As Effective As minoxidil 5%?

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10098703

I read somewhere back in days that minoxidil increases IGF-1. Thats a good thing but maybe it is the reason why minoxidil thrives 5ar:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8344190
Where did you read this bullshit about Minoxidil increasing 5ar?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10098703
Again, the effect on 5alpha-reductase activity was insignificant in the other two groups of cells. Whether such modification of testosterone metabolism in dermal papilla cells of balding scalp by minoxidil is related to its therapeutic effect remains unknow

If you quote this study, obvious questionable studies are obvious. 5ar increases in bald scalp by logic, that is why it is balding, lol.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I was just on a bodybuilding forum looking at how to slow down hairless and came across dudes on steroids using caffeine shampoos and topicals with huge success.

These are guys with male pattern baldness disposition and using Steroids. Then again some users reported having better after their steroids all together which is interesting.

Defo think hair loss is a combination of factors and each person is probably affected by one factor more than the others differently. Eg. Hormones, stress, genetics, environment, diet etc.

That's why holly wood guys like Matt Mconnahay get that special shampoo; which requires genetic testing and then a custom formula that costs like a few hundred a month.

Defo going to create a topical. Was going to add liquid caffeine to my shampoo like the guys on the BB forum but the dosage for me would be inconsistent.

deraj

Reaction score
Yo, guys. I decided to give the whole caffeine topical thing a pop. I bought this...

https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/caffe...fLag51fGNx0rRNsYWBXFU5dQuV5GbbuhoCRBMQAvD_BwE

... Dissolved it in distilled water, it all dissolved in but when i came back and checked on it in 20 mins time it had essentially resolidified. Like a sturdy goo. really odd. I out 3g in 100 ml of water. I tried it twice once gently heating the solution once without, with the same result.

@Bearded, I thought you mentioned you were gonna make a topical? how'd it go for you? Anyone know where i went wrong?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wondered to myself "hmm I wonder if there's anything new in HairLossTalk.com's new research, studies and technologies section"...

Reads "Caffeine"...

My eyes immediately got puffy. Like that feeling you get when you get rejected, or things aren't going your way.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm just out living life. No point in feeling bad about it

Same here, just living life, working, balding, forgetting about h l t. But it's always nice to come here and see what's new. Then I read caffeine, and the rest of the discoveries are on mice. It feels terrible.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking today if we could sh*t on mice and somehow mice wouldnt handle it well i mean.. just died or smth, we would consider sh*t as potential people killer too?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Caffeine IS GOOD for your hair. That is true.

That said, it won't do sh*t for hair regrowth. It will thicken strands, but that's it.

People shouldn't depend on it, or they will go bald.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much you can do when every successful hair loss drug alters androgens.

Sigh. No worries, time to move on.[/

Are you also against CRTH2 inhibitors like seti?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i been using alpecin shampoo seems to help though i did stopped taking finasteride orally which was making me lose a lot of hair and that could contribute to my current hair growth, as well, along with using minoxidil and topical finasteride (weening off finasteride) a couple times a week... minoxidil makes me look like crap but it works...i need to find a better alternative with less sides

Bushi

Reaction score
That's why holly wood guys like Matt Mconnahay get that special shampoo; which requires genetic testing and then a custom formula that costs like a few hundred a month.

Think he just used a vitamin shampoo and he got his hair back. He said something about a bold spot the size of a silver dollar. Which makes it sound more like alopecia areata.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
source:
(2013)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15364265#s0225

490 The efficacy and safety of minoxidil 5% combination with azelaic acid 1/5% and caffeine 1% solution on male pattern hair loss

H Pazoki-Toroudi, 1,4 R Mobasher Moghadam,2 M Ajami,3,4 M Nassiri-Kashani,1 A Ehsani,2 H Tabatabaie,1 S Khani,2 Z Abbasi,1 M Shizarpour,1 A Firooz1 and Y Dowlati1 1 Center for Research and Training in Skin Diseases and Leprosy, Tehran University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran, 2 Razi Dermatology Hospital,Tehran University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran, 3 Faculty of Nutrition Sciences and Food Technology, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran and 4 Nano Vichar Pharmaceutical Ltd, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran

Androgenetic alopecia is a common pattern of hair loss.current therapies like topical minoxidil and oral finasteride have shortcomings like delayed responses and limited hair growth.In this study we evaluated the efficacy of a combined topical solution (5% Minoxidil, 1.5% Azelaic acid, and 1% Caffeine) on hair growth in comparison to a 5% Minoxidil solution or a placebo solution. The study design was as a double blinded randomized controlled trial. 71 Iranian men aged 23 years or more, with a diagnosis of androgenetic alopecia were divided into three groups. They were treated with combined solution (n= 40), 5% Minoxidil (n= 20), or placebo (n= 11) for a total period of 32 weeks. The efficacy of the treatment was evaluated every 6 weeks by Wash Test (number of hairs shed), subjective patient self-assessment, and objective dermatologist assessment. At 12th week of treatment, both combined topical and 5% Minoxidil solutions significantly reduced hair shedding in comparison to the placebo group (p<0.05). Also the efficacy of the combined topical solution at 12th week was as good as the efficacy of 5% Minoxidil solution at 32nd week (p<0.05). In both dermatologist objective assessment and patient subjective self-assessment of the combined topical solution group, moderate and marked response rates were significantly higher than two other groups(p<0.001 vs. placebo and p<0.05 vs. Minoxidil 5%). Our study shows that the combined topical solution results in a faster and better clinical result in comparison to 5% Minoxidill solution or Placebo. Also the combined topical solution has the same side effect profile as 5% Minoxidil solution. We recommend using this combined solution as a treatment option in daily clinical practice

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

J.Craig

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 with good density here (25 y.o, on Propecia since 2015), I drink 3 to 4 fuckin' cups of coffee a day and I feel good, what I'm convinced of is that caffeine helps being healthy and promotes blood circulation then it's good for our own hair and body