Caffeine 0.2% Topical Almost As Effective As minoxidil 5%?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cant hurt. Just dont buy the alpecin product as you pay also the bribery money for the researchers.

Mix it yourself or buy alternative products, it is not like the got a patent on caffein...

If youre at it, maybe try to make a energy drink for your hair with caffein, taurin, green tea and guarana? at least taurine (fibrosis, tgf-b) and green tea(oxidative stress) have been associated with hair loss in the past and who knows ;)

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Air can be as good as minoxidil if you make small study considering 60% are non-responder.

Mazaza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting, I would love to see what results people here can get with that!

However, I cannot help but notice the obvious conflict of interest of one of the authors.

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
I also tried alpecin, both the shampoo and the liquid. I went through about 50-75% of the bottle. Didn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe I need to up the concentration of caffeine, but to be honest I felt a buzz. That scalp liquid was almost addictive as you could definitely feel it as it went into your scalp. I'd be afraid to add too much. Caffeine can cause serious issues in moderate doses. The only natural supplement (I haven't taken any pharmaceuticals) that worked was pumpkin seed oil + saw palmeto, and it gave me hormonal acne and I don't think I had any regrowth. Although I wish I hadn't stopped using it as I had almost completely stopped shedding while taking it. After stopping I lost another Norwood level in less than a year. FML. I was originally hoping to just last until Brotzu. FML. Now I'm too far gone for anything but a transplant or an actual breakthrough. FML FML FML.

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys you've got fooled. This study is crap:

Attachments

• IMG_20171122_005700.png
    IMG_20171122_005700.png
    208 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_20171122_005936.png
    IMG_20171122_005936.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 661

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've already pointed this out.

Sorry my fault I didn't read your comment.

But I want to say it again, Dr. A. Klenk is working for the Dr. Wolff-Gruppe GmbH and one of the brands of the Dr. Wolff-Gruppe GmbH is Alpecin. The sponsor of this studie was also the Dr. Wolff-Gruppe GmbH.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry my fault I didn't read your comment.

But I want to say it again, Dr. A. Klenk is working for the Dr. Wolff-Gruppe GmbH and one of the brands of the Dr. Wolff-Gruppe GmbH is Alpecin...

Not just one of them:

Adolf Klenk is an employee of the sponsor Dr. Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co. KG. Theodor May is a consultant of Dr. Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co KG.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I read this last night. He doesn't say it wont grow hair though, only that it isn't a cure which is understandable.

He also explains that the addition of zinc and niacin helps as well.

This in addition to turkish forums using higher % gives me enough backing to try it out.

IMO zinc is the most important element here, I take oral zinc with minoxidil which I find to be a pretty potent. I'm sure you will get some results however mild but I find the claims that this is better than minoxidil just too suspect for my own liking.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you go to google scholar and type in caffeine hair growth there are quite a few apart from those gentleman.
Ill give it a try anyways. Wish me luck!

My issue here is that combined with their sponsership of this study, these caffeine based shampoos have been out for years and if I remember correctly they used to say in TV advertising that a million customers used their product a month a Germany. The point being that with that large a number of users, if people where regaining hair from this we would have heard about it.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys you've got fooled. This study is crap:

Ha - hysterical. Thanks for calling out FCKW36, Mr_Robot.

No wonder this treatment hasnt become mainstream - it doesnt work.

If it did work, i think you could market it well as an alternative to minoxidil given dark eye circle sides from minoxidil (minoxidil powder is just as cheap as caff at wholesale prices, so I dont buy that a caff treatment wouldnt be produced as there is no margin).

Funny thing is that i have ordered 100g of caff plus egcg and going to use anyway - a sad reflection on the options available to us...!

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would adding caffeine to minoxidil be a good idea? I'm not sure if it will dissolve properly. Could be thrown in there for added benefit possibly...?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't drinking coffee be just as good. Wow hair loss problem solved.