Caffeine 0.2% Topical Almost As Effective As minoxidil 5%?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great work - going to add to my regime.

Skeptic in me does ask why a big pharma hasnt picked this up - some would have seen this so be interesting to know why.
Because amyone can buy cafeine dirt cheap and do this sh*t at home, pharma companies dont work to save baldies' asses, they work to make profit, if something works but it isnt profitable they wont exploit it.
Returning to the topic: i can see a f*****g topic getting release containing ethanol/pg and Zix, Ru58841, Cafeine, minoxidil, cetrizine and other stuff disolved on it.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If coffein works, it will most likely work over PGE2. Dont use it together with minoxidil. And leave time between PGE1 enhancers like minoxidil and PGE2 coffein.

Dont use alpecin, there are cheap alternatives/ you can just get coffein power.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The test product, 0.2% caffeine solution, is marketed as Alpecin Liquid by Dr. Kurt Wolff and distributed by the study sponsor
Fullife Healthcare Pvt Ltd.

Color me skeptical that the study is sponsored by products distributor and the author is actually an employed by the manufacturer.

hades1907

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how to make the solution with caffeine 5% and Green tea extract with 50% egcg powders.

Thank you.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm desperate and ready to try this. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I found caffine powder but in 10% form. Is it possible to get the 0.2% used in the study?

goingMonky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a lot of 200mg caffeine capsules. If I dissolve one in water, would that work as topical solution like the one said in the study?

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
If coffein works, it will most likely work over PGE2. Dont use it together with minoxidil. And leave time between PGE1 enhancers like minoxidil and PGE2 coffein.

Dont use alpecin, there are cheap alternatives/ you can just get coffein power.

Interesting point - can you pls give a bit more detail on why a bad idea to apply at the same time (I was planning to apply both together)? Thanks

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dhurat. This should be interesting.
Oh, wait a minute... caffeine?

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Caffeine works because of it's effects on Adenosine receptors. It binds to adenosine in your body and blocks its receptors, increasing free circulating adenosine in bloodstream.

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Caffeine works because of it's effects on Adenosine receptors. It binds to adenosine in your body and blocks its receptors, increasing free circulating adenosine in bloodstream.
I drink shitton of coffe, I think it has slowed down my loss somewhat.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok my alepecin shampoo is on the way.
Im willing to mix and test a homemade topical too since this seems readily available to procure. If someone can post instructions on how much and what exactly to mix ill begin trialing too.
Thanks guys

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats a two part product - a shampoo and a liquid. They used the liquid, .2%, twice a day.

Well I find it hard to believe these results in the study, after looking online it seems like it's barley helped anyone. Seems like there was some hype around 2005 that died down and stayed gone. If it was as great as the study implied I think people would have figured it out ten years ago.