Budget For Hair Transplant In Turkey Or Belgium

irongymmer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from Belgium looking to do a hair transplant (probably in Turkey). I have been saving up this year and have a budget of around 5000 eur right now. Are there any good recommendations for a clinic with this kind of budget, or is it recommended to save for another year and spend 10k+? I'm around a norwood 4 with thinning on top

many thanks

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from Belgium looking to do a hair transplant (probably in Turkey). I have been saving up this year and have a budget of around 5000 eur right now. Are there any good recommendations for a clinic with this kind of budget, or is it recommended to save for another year and spend 10k+? I'm around a norwood 4 with thinning on top

many thanks

Hair surgery is very much the case where you get what you pay for. There are some individuals who get really good results with cheaper surgeons but there are also individuals who have unsatisfactory results.

If you wish to be as safe as possible I would suggest saving another 2,000-3,000 Euro and then go to a respectable surgeon but it is completely your decision.

HLV

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello,

many thanks
First, pick a surgeon based on his results and who you feel comfortable with. Find out how much he will charge. If you need to save more, then save more.

LosingMyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair surgery is very much the case where you get what you pay for. There are some individuals who get really good results with cheaper surgeons but there are also individuals who have unsatisfactory results

HLV

Those two clauses contradict each other. People who spend 10 grand can have unsatisfactory results.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those two clauses contradict each other. People who spend 10 grand can have unsatisfactory results.

There is no guarantee for any surgery but you can’t deny going for a “ all included” cheap surgery will more likely result in an unfavourable outcome. I’ve seen it numerous times.

HLV

LosingMyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no guarantee for any surgery but you can’t deny going for a “ all included” cheap surgery will more likely result in an unfavourable outcome. I’ve seen it numerous times.

HLV

I don't agree with you. I think people take comfort in the fact that they are spending 5 times as much money as someone else, and thus believe they are 5 times more likely to get a great result. I don't see any evidence for it. Have you looked into Dr Acar at Cosmedica? His mid-range package is about 2 grand, and his results look as good as anyone else's. Transplants are becoming more affordable and accessible to the common man, but people are clinging on to the idea that they NEED to cost a fortune. If half these Turkish surgeons were Brits or Americans, then 2-3 grand would be the going rate. It's only the stereotype of the 'dodgy Turk' that makes people wary - in ten years people will balk at the idea of paying over £3000 for an FUE.

irongymmer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree with you. I think people take comfort in the fact that they are spending 5 times as much money as someone else, and thus believe they are 5 times more likely to get a great result. I don't see any evidence for it. Have you looked into Dr Acar at Cosmedica? His mid-range package is about 2 grand, and his results look as good as anyone else's. Transplants are becoming more affordable and accessible to the common man, but people are clinging on to the idea that they NEED to cost a fortune. If half these Turkish surgeons were Brits or Americans, then 2-3 grand would be the going rate. It's only the stereotype of the 'dodgy Turk' that makes people wary - in ten years people will balk at the idea of paying over £3000 for an FUE.

I have been looking into Cosmedica the last week as the recent results all seem very good and it's definitely affordable. Right now I'm still waiting for a few free consultations to get back to me but this is definitely still on my list. I'm also considering Dr.Mehmet from above but waiting for his response

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

isn’t Dr Erdogan Turkish and his prices are higher than 2-3 grand? People aren’t clinging to the idea that they need to be expensive. More likely they’re aware that this is surgery that requires a highly skilled surgeon who knows what they’re doing. I don’t know how you haven’t seen evidence of this, but I have seen some cases of highly rated doctors with unsatisfactory results and numerous cases of cheap doctors with horrible results.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
isn’t Dr Erdogan Turkish and his prices are higher than 2-3 grand? People aren’t clinging to the idea that they need to be expensive. More likely they’re aware that this is surgery that requires a highly skilled surgeon who knows what they’re doing.

I don’t know how you haven’t seen evidence of this, but I have seen some cases of highly rated doctors with unsatisfactory results and numerous cases of cheap doctors with horrible results.

It’s no different than those stories you hear about of people going to third world countries and getting cheap plastic surgery with terrible results.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before my hair transplant operation, I researched deeply about Turkish hair transplant clinics and doctors and I talked with some ex Dr.Acar (COSMEDICA) hair transplant patients , they said me Dr.Acar did not enter the operation, he did not open channels , operation performed by only nurses and technicians.

The doctor isn’t involved at all in the surgery which is why it was likely cheaper. a lot of the time the technicians do all the work and take no liability if something goes wrong.

HLV

irongymmer

My Regimen
Reaction score
isn’t Dr Erdogan Turkish and his prices are higher than 2-3 grand? People aren’t clinging to the idea that they need to be expensive. More likely they’re aware that this is surgery that requires a highly skilled surgeon who knows what they’re doing.

I don’t know how you haven’t seen evidence of this, but I have seen some cases of highly rated doctors with unsatisfactory results and numerous cases of cheap doctors with horrible results.

It’s no different than those stories you hear about of people going to third world countries and getting cheap plastic surgery with terrible results.

HLV

I've decided not to go to Dr. Erdogan because lately more bad results have been popping up and posts about how they are handling 15 people a day with different teams, and that Dr. Erdogan is barely involved anymore in most patients so you're throwing a dice for how skilled a team you will get.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've decided not to go to Dr. Erdogan because lately more bad results have been popping up and posts about how they are handling 15 people a day with different teams, and that Dr. Erdogan is barely involved anymore in most patients so you're throwing a dice for how skilled a team you will get.

I would look Into Dr Maras in that case as I chose him over Dr Erdogan and had excellent results with him. He did the hairline design, incisions and most of the extractions himself. He’s one of the best for FUE in my opinion. You can also look into Fereduni and Dr B i s a n g a,

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Erdogan, read a lot of reviews by patients that he's only in the room for minutes and seen a lot of terrible results.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Erdogan, read a lot of reviews by patients that he's only in the room for minutes and seen a lot of terrible results.

He has so many patients that I’ve heard by numerous patients that most of the technicians do the work and he just supervises. Those technicians bear no liability if something goes wrong. I was considering him in the beginning but thankfully changed my mind.

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best doctor in Turkey based on results and patient satisfaction is Dr Demirsoy, based on my extensive research.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best doctor in Turkey based on results and patient satisfaction is Dr Demirsoy, based on my extensive research.

Ive seen some complaints against him online but you’re probably right. My personal decision was to avoid Turkey all together and go to Cyprus with Dr Maras and im grateful I did. I’d also recommend Belgium as they have quality surgeons there. Are you having surgery soon with Demisroy?

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive seen some complaints against him online but you’re probably right. My personal decision was to avoid Turkey all together and go to Cyprus with Dr Maras and im grateful I did. I’d also recommend Belgium as they have quality surgeons there. Are you having surgery soon with Demisroy?
HLV

Yes I had surgery a few weeks back. I couldn't find any complaints? Demirsoy's involvement in the surgery was also important to me, along with 1 patient a day...seems rare.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I had surgery a few weeks back. I couldn't find any complaints? Demirsoy's involvement in the surgery was also important to me, along with 1 patient a day...seems rare.

I came across some detailed complaints against him when I was doing my research for my surgery. If I come across them again I’ll let you know but since you’ve obviously done the research into this I’m in no position to deter you away from your surgeon.

It’s also inevitable every surgeon will have some bad outcomes. I read complaints against Rahal and he’s one of the best in the world.

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I came across some detailed complaints against him when I was doing my research for my surgery. If I come across them again I’ll let you know but since you’ve obviously done the research into this I’m in no position to deter you away from your surgeon.
It’s also inevitable every surgeon will have some bad outcomes. I read complaints against Rahal and he’s one of the best in the world.
HLV
Yes I researched all the english and german speaking forums as most of his clientele seem to be German. Don't see any so would be impressed if you could share ;)

LosingMyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
The doctor isn’t involved at all in the surgery which is why it was likely cheaper. a lot of the time the technicians do all the work and take no liability if something goes wrong.

HLV

For 3 grand with Cosmedica you get the VIP package, which includes Acar opening your channels.