Budget For Hair Transplant In Turkey Or Belgium

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree with you. I think people take comfort in the fact that they are spending 5 times as much money as someone else, and thus believe they are 5 times more likely to get a great result. I don't see any evidence for it. Have you looked into Dr Acar at Cosmedica? His mid-range package is about 2 grand, and his results look as good as anyone else's. Transplants are becoming more affordable and accessible to the common man, but people are clinging on to the idea that they NEED to cost a fortune. If half these Turkish surgeons were Brits or Americans, then 2-3 grand would be the going rate. It's only the stereotype of the 'dodgy Turk' that makes people wary - in ten years people will balk at the idea of paying over £3000 for an FUE.

@HLV @LosingMyLocks
I agree with you both to a point. I don't think one can simplify the choices as 'more you pay, better results you get'. However, more reputable surgeons are aware of the demand on their service, hence price themselves accordingly against their local competition.

The 'dodgy Turk' reputation is there not because they are all dodgy, but most likely due to their more aggressive sales approach (some more ethical than others, but many unethical clinics exist). From my experience, a Turkish clinic will quote a higher number of estimated grafts compared to European counterparts, then they try to push PRP and other additional cash-generating options onto uninformed unsuspecting customers. You only have to go back a few months and see all the brand new forum members with no posts, who suddenly come posting a raving review of some unknown clinic. ALL their other posts are aimed at promoting this same clinic, disregarding the original topic of the post etc. These have been majority Turkish, which comes as no surprise as customers flock to the known surgeons with a proven track record, while the new clinics struggle to reach a viable number to build up any reputation. Are all new clinics bad? Nobody knows until they read personal testimony (weeding out the obvious fakes). Are any of those worth trying? I personally would not, simply because there are better options with proven track record. Sad for the new starter surgeons, but true. Their 'fake user' forum review behaviour doesn't help their pursuit either.
Further to that, I have read about the conveyor belt style operational approach with multi-patients a day, cutting every corner to maximise profits, and compromising on hygiene standards. Again, this does not apply to all, but it certainly exists (I'm not suggesting it doesn't happen in Europe or US, but I have read about more cases in Turkey).
Another annoying new trend seems to be 'hey we are a Turkish clinic, but now we have come to the UK so you don't have to travel' type advertising approach. They simply identified the lack of good surgeons in UK, and attempt to woo customers by selling themselves as coming from a nation with more experience, whereas in fact they are most likely just another struggling clinic who can't compete with big names back home.

My experience with European clinics is limited, but I felt at ease with Dr. B-sanga immediately with his conservative realistic and honest approach which came across more sincere, advising only what you need, not what they can potentially sell you. I had also short listed a couple of Turkish surgeons at the time, but decided I'd rather pay 3-4 times the amount for someone I felt comfortable with, and with less commuting distance. Having said that, I am still open to the idea of using a reputable Turkish clinic in future if circumstances fit.

In brief, my opinion is use a Turkish clinic by all means, but be more careful with your choice. Do not let their low prices and all-inclusive packages play a role in your choice, Choose the surgeon that you feel suits your needs AND has your best interest ahead of their financial gain. If there really isn't one who appeals to you, save up and choose one of the reputable European/US surgeons.

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For 3 grand with Cosmedica you get the VIP package, which includes Acar opening your channels.

I don’t know how I feel about “ VIP package” and surgery going together in the same sentence.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HLV @LosingMyLocks
I agree with you both to a point. I don't think one can simplify the choices as 'more you pay, better results you get'. However, more reputable surgeons are aware of the demand on their service, hence price themselves accordingly against their local competition.

The 'dodgy Turk' reputation is there not because they are all dodgy, but most likely due to their more aggressive sales approach (some more ethical than others, but many unethical clinics exist). From my experience, a Turkish clinic will quote a higher number of estimated grafts compared to European counterparts, then they try to push PRP and other additional cash-generating options onto uninformed unsuspecting customers. You only have to go back a few months and see all the brand new forum members with no posts, who suddenly come posting a raving review of some unknown clinic. ALL their other posts are aimed at promoting this same clinic, disregarding the original topic of the post etc. These have been majority Turkish, which comes as no surprise as customers flock to the known surgeons with a proven track record, while the new clinics struggle to reach a viable number to build up any reputation. Are all new clinics bad? Nobody knows until they read personal testimony (weeding out the obvious fakes). Are any of those worth trying? I personally would not, simply because there are better options with proven track record. Sad for the new starter surgeons, but true. Their 'fake user' forum review behaviour doesn't help their pursuit either.
Further to that, I have read about the conveyor belt style operational approach with multi-patients a day, cutting every corner to maximise profits, and compromising on hygiene standards. Again, this does not apply to all, but it certainly exists (I'm not suggesting it doesn't happen in Europe or US, but I have read about more cases in Turkey).
Another annoying new trend seems to be 'hey we are a Turkish clinic, but now we have come to the UK so you don't have to travel' type advertising approach. They simply identified the lack of good surgeons in UK, and attempt to woo customers by selling themselves as coming from a nation with more experience, whereas in fact they are most likely just another struggling clinic who can't compete with big names back home.

My experience with European clinics is limited, but I felt at ease with Dr. B-sanga immediately with his conservative realistic and honest approach which came across more sincere, advising only what you need, not what they can potentially sell you. I had also short listed a couple of Turkish surgeons at the time, but decided I'd rather pay 3-4 times the amount for someone I felt comfortable with, and with less commuting distance. Having said that, I am still open to the idea of using a reputable Turkish clinic in future if circumstances fit.

In brief, my opinion is use a Turkish clinic by all means, but be more careful with your choice. Do not let their low prices and all-inclusive packages play a role in your choice, Choose the surgeon that you feel suits your needs AND has your best interest ahead of their financial gain. If there really isn't one who appeals to you, save up and choose one of the reputable European/US surgeons.

Good post. I need to stress that paying more doesn’t guarantee results and this is surgery and there is no guarantee. I just don’t know how I feel about all these “ all included packages” in Turkey.

While it is cosmetic, this is still surgery at the end of the day and not a minor procedure. If you were having an operation at a hospital there would no all included package deals or anything like that.

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don’t think I’m allowed to post other hair sites but this was posted from a user called “unfair” on the hair restoration website. To be fair he does have many positive reviews but there are some negatives.

“Please please do not go with Dr erkan demirsoy, I trusted him with my head and depleted my donor and the damaged my front hairline with 3s and some 4s hairs and I got maybe 20% hair growth out of the 3400 grafts or at least that's they told me, I think the doctor assistance the 2 lady's he have get tired by the first couple hours and they start to rush so they go smoke, as every one smoke there, every 10 min or so , I'm so upset I trusted this doctor amd more upset to trust clemens weber and muzaffer, please people go with a doctor who is known and guarantee his work, and from experience, don't do more than 1500 grafts fue at once it takes Lon time to do more than 1500 and by then grafts start to die , just advise just do more research and don't think about money cuz it's not worth it, he'll take your money and make worse than befor. “

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think I’m allowed to post other hair sites but this was posted from a user called “unfair” on the hair restoration website. To be fair he does have many positive reviews but there are some negatives.

“Please please do not go with Dr erkan demirsoy, I trusted him with my head and depleted my donor and the damaged my front hairline with 3s and some 4s hairs and I got maybe 20% hair growth out of the 3400 grafts or at least that's they told me, I think the doctor assistance the 2 lady's he have get tired by the first couple hours and they start to rush so they go smoke, as every one smoke there, every 10 min or so , I'm so upset I trusted this doctor amd more upset to trust clemens weber and muzaffer, please people go with a doctor who is known and guarantee his work, and from experience, don't do more than 1500 grafts fue at once it takes Lon time to do more than 1500 and by then grafts start to die , just advise just do more research and don't think about money cuz it's not worth it, he'll take your money and make worse than befor. “

HLV

I actually use that website the most, send me the link by message. I only ever found one review from an unhappy user which was on HairRestoration but the results were good in the before and after photographs - unrealistic expectations.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually use that website the most, send me the link by message. I only ever found one review from an unhappy user which was on HairRestoration but the results were good in the before and after photographs - unrealistic expectations.

Yeah it seems you should get better results with Demisroy than Erdogan since he actually does most of the surgery himself. most of the reviews are positive from him. I’ve also heard good things about Dr Civas. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it seems you should get better results with Demisroy than Erdogan since he actually does most of the surgery himself. most of the reviews are positive from him. I’ve also heard good things about Dr Civas. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

HLV

Did you read that link you sent me? It's clear the poster isn't too bright. That was indeed the topic I was referring to previously.

I've absolutely no concerns about my transplant, I've done my due diligence. You mentioned the 'some detailed complaints against him' and I wanted to see them...if you can find them please share, I'd be amazed if I missed them.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've absolutely no concerns about my transplant, I've done my due diligence. You mentioned the 'some detailed complaints against him' and I wanted to see them...if you can find them please share, I'd be amazed if I missed them.

You definitely sound like you have so what I post probably has very little significance...However here is another unsatisfied Demisroy patient from the website you visit most. Whether it fits the criteria of what you’re looking for I’m not sure, but it doesn’t have much significance at this point. Best of luck with whoever you go with however.

51978D75-7AF7-4343-8FD0-C0B8BEC6D2E6.jpeg

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You definitely sound like you have so what I post probably has very little significance...However here is another unsatisfied Demisroy patient from the website you visit most. Whether it fits the criteria of what you’re looking for I’m not sure, but it doesn’t have much significance at this point. Best of luck with whoever you go with however.
View attachment 124480

Pretty sure that's the guy who didnt take any medication and continued to lose hair...the transplant grafts remained as some users pointed out.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the guy who didnt take any medication and continued to lose hair...the transplant grafts remained as some users pointed out.

No, He was on Finasteride and minoxidil I believe.

746FC26B-F1B5-4BBD-8341-53A0020A4AB9.jpeg

HLV

Attachments

• A197ED5A-CE66-4740-AD3F-42B1B7C9B540.jpeg
    A197ED5A-CE66-4740-AD3F-42B1B7C9B540.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 187

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 124480

Did this guy have only the crown filled, or the frontal section as well? Was he diffusely thinned or shiny bald in the crown?
My understanding is crown is the hardest to create good results. I have thinning crown, but was advised to not touch it and only do the midscalp and frontal third, for the reason that it is unlikely the results will be a huge improvement; the appearance of new grafts in frontal third isn't ever going to be as dense as native hair, so it blends in with the thinning crown anyway. This to me was an ethical advise from a surgeon who isn't simply out to maximise income. However, all the Turkish surgeons I had quotes from were happier to just take my money and do the whole lot. I'm not saying this is the case with the guy in question, but perhaps another surgeon would have advised him to leave the crown alone if it was only diffuse thinning?

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
However, all the Turkish surgeons I had quotes from were happier to just take my money and do the whole lot. I'm not saying this is the case with the guy in question, but perhaps another surgeon would have advised him to leave the crown alone if it was only diffuse thinning?

This is usually (but not always)the case with Turkish surgeons.

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did this guy have only the crown filled, or the frontal section as well? Was he diffusely thinned or shiny bald in the crown?
My understanding is crown is the hardest to create good results. I have thinning crown, but was advised to not touch it and only do the midscalp and frontal third, for the reason that it is unlikely the results will be a huge improvement; the appearance of new grafts in frontal third isn't ever going to be as dense as native hair, so it blends in with the thinning crown anyway. This to me was an ethical advise from a surgeon who isn't simply out to maximise income. However, all the Turkish surgeons I had quotes from were happier to just take my money and do the whole lot. I'm not saying this is the case with the guy in question, but perhaps another surgeon would have advised him to leave the crown alone if it was only diffuse thinning?

Don't know, the user who posted didn't offer too much information. One user replied to him with the following which sounds like a reasonable response:

Yes, transplanted hair can be susceptible to hormonal/male pattern baldness hair loss over time, even most all hair transplant surgeons will tell you you are likely to loose around 10% of the transplanted hair.

In all honestly, it doesn’t look that bad as it looks like the majority of the transplanted hairs have remained and that your native hair continued to fall out even with you taking Finasteride (it’s not guaranteed to work on everyone) judging by your photos. Also, if you did get 3k grafts just in your crown its also likely that many didn’t survive as it’s common for the crown to be stubborn with graft whether it be done by a top surgeon or a cheap one.

Do you have any photos directly post procedure to show how the grafts look on your scalp? Would be good to see.

HLV was trying to find the 'detailed complaints' he mentioned, if that's the only 'bad' case online then thats not a bad CV as opposed to the hundreds of successes.

As HLV said "It’s also inevitable every surgeon will have some bad outcomes". I wouldn't put too much weight on the first idiotic post as he could barely write nevermind provide a photograph.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@S14a I tend to agree with you. Compared to the likes of Erdogan who has seemingly tarnished his reputation by recent substandard results, your choice is solid.

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my research, Erdogan, Serkan Aygin and Cosmedica (Dr Acar) have all given me honest advice on what i can expect to achieve as i have a minimal donor area. I'm realistic and i gravitate to those people that tell me i won't have a full head of hair vs those that promise me the world.

Gabiche

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from Belgium looking to do a hair transplant (probably in Turkey). I have been saving up this year and have a budget of around 5000 eur right now. Are there any good recommendations for a clinic with this kind of budget, or is it recommended to save for another year and spend 10k+? I'm around a norwood 4 with thinning on top

many thanks

Hi, in Paris they have a good clinic as well. Normally they have the same in Brussels. It's called DHI Group. Perhaps this clinic can suit you?

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure Bisinga is in Brussels... would love to use him,wish i could afford him...
im around norwood 5 with thinning...