Brotzu Lotion (trinov) Progress Pictures And Diary

CapiLarry

Reaction score
haha -- yes the trinov instagram feed is straight up ridiculous! Fidia inspires zero hope -- they have taken their marketing straight from the snake Oil marketing handbook.

but! -- as far as I'm concerned my response to trinov has been positive. Just shy of three months I can still report minimal shedding. Also, I think that my hairline vellus hairs are thicker, darker and longer -- but who knows whether they'll continue strengthening enough to make a cosmetic difference. But! I'm definitely not worse than when I started. And it still feels great not to lose handfuls of hair on my pillow, my hats, my brush -- the shower -- my pasta, my car -- f*** it was everywhere!! I don't miss the feeling of watching my hair tumble out like waterfalls at all!

Let's see where 6 months takes us - I'm still cautiously hopeful. Also, I still believe in the underlying science -- let's just wait and see whether it causes a significant enough response.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that’s what they are saying.

How are you supposed to apply/disperse it, then? Just spray it on and leave it? What about if you use the dropper - if I don't use my fingers to rub it in, it runs off the scalp down my head.

EDIT: Never mind - going by Fidia's Instragam video posted above, rubbing it in is fine.

Bushi

Reaction score
How are you supposed to apply/disperse it, then? Just spray it on and leave it? What about if you use the dropper - if I don't use my fingers to rub it in, it runs off the scalp down my head.

EDIT: Never mind - going by Fidia's Instragam video posted above, rubbing it in is fine.

Probably use latex gloves.
Think it was said from the beginning to rub it in though. Nothing was said about not using your bare fingers.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30371981

what does "marginally increased" mean?

do we have anyone with 6 month of usage or longer reporting success?
Give us some hope...!
"marginally increased" means that the difference did not reach statistical significance, indicating that it was too small to objectively attribute it to trinov and could have been mere chance.

Reactions: br1

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably use latex gloves.
Think it was said from the beginning to rub it in though. Nothing was said about not using your bare fingers.
That’s why the Italians are pissed, seems it wasn’t clear to everyone.
Also, most with the exception of one person, are saying they aren’t seeing anything significant after 4 months.

Some are saying it’s still too early to tell and unless you combine with DHT blocker it might not be enough on its own.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was one of those that had such high hopes for this product but it looks like we've been let down again. Not sure if it's Brotzu's fault, though, maybe Fidia weakened the formula? However, I still don't think it's a scam because if it was they probably would have used fake pictures that would have shown significant gains in hair growth which they obviously didn't.

That’s why the Italians are pissed, seems it wasn’t clear to everyone.
Also, most with the exception of one person, are saying they aren’t seeing anything significant after 4 months.

Some are saying it’s still too early to tell and unless you combine with DHT blocker it might not be enough on its own.

But the lotion is supposed to contain an anti dht ingredient (s-equol) and is marketed as an 'anti-fall' product that at the very least should significantly slow down shedding/loss. What an absolute JOKE.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
"marginally increased" means that the difference did not reach statistical significance, indicating that it was too small to objectively attribute it to trinov and could have been mere chance.

How much Vit D do you supplement and do you also take Vitamin K2? And How much if you do?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys if by now there is no obvious regrowth from serious lengthening of vellus into terminal hairs then we can probably say .. it won’t do anything . Maybe if you’re a very very slow balder you’ll buy yourself more time.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys if by now there is no obvious regrowth from serious lengthening of vellus into terminal hairs then we can probably say .. it won’t do anything . Maybe if you’re a very very slow balder you’ll buy yourself more time.
Yeah that’s what they’re saying in the Italian forum as expected.
After all these years we still don’t have a valid alternative to finasteride and minoxidil.

Pitter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm already in my third month cannot say much regarding the hair. I also finished my first month microneedling at 1.5mm once every 7 days.

Everyone here says that the study doesn't say anything about shedding but in my opinion it says something about it, can someone correct me?

A significant increase in anagen hair and a significant decrease in telogen hair were observed starting from 3 months

I understand that a decrease in telogen hair means that that hair is gone, and it is being replaced. Maybe we would understand better the word shedding, but the study was published by two Italian researchers that might be not familiar with this vocabulary.

The photos published before from fidia doesn't show anything relevant (even loss of density) until the 6th month picture that shows the final result.

This sh*t is expensive, I even though that the spray could affect the lotion somehow but I'm going to continue until the sixth month. I might also try the homemade one from the other GB at least to discard s-equol as a relevant Androgenetic Alopecia treatment.

And then I'll decide to deal with sides or shaving my scalp :).

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are the joke.

204.gif

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 70...Experienced a shed that again set me back to about baseline last week. Front of hair is honestly worst than ever in terms of recession. Probably moved back a solid cm at this point. This bothers me because I've seen the same reported by other users. Back of my hair is still thicker than before, but I've been losing a sh*t ton of strong terminal hairs lately which has me very concerned because it is noticeably impacting the thickness. Early on when I'd have sheds it was mostly smaller hairs I'd lose.

I'm hoping that the loss of a strong terminal hair means it will be replaced in the near future, as the presence of a terminal suggests a healthy follicle (is that right?)

Can anyone comment on the shed pattern seen in finasteride users early on? I know people have been comparing the shed on this to minoxidyl, but wouldn't it be more apt to compare it to finasteride? From my understanding finasteride takes around 6 months to see improvement.

Alas, I'm starting to lose hope as the reviews are overwhelming negative, as well as a lack of press coverage on the stuff. I get the impression Fidia is in a cave somewhere waiting for this to pass. It also appears that the more commented on facebook page has been removed which is f*****g alarming. If they were at least reassuring users and admitting this causes shedding before improvement I'd have more faith.

Italian hair forums are in an uproar as well. Put URL in Google Chrome for translation.

https://calvizie.net/forum/threads/trinov-capelli-fidia-già-pge1-dr-brotzu.66178/page-901
Don't stress about your hair shedding like mad - it's a good signal. You're probably going to be among the best responders. You need for give it a few more months. Newer, stronger hairs will sprout soon I'm sure.

ThickAndTired

My Regimen
Reaction score

So basically the research run by these pharma companies themselves is not convincing?
:( :( :(

Jen3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Female Trinov - really happy after three weeks, hair looked and felt better with lots of new growth at the hairline. In the 4th week I developed a burning sensation, not intermittently and mildly as when I first started, but full on, top, sides and all over really; scalp became oilier, hair looked thinner and the part wider! I stopped using it for four days and then started up again but only every 2nd or 3rd day, and at half the dose. My hair seems to have recovered somewhat and I've kept that early growth. On the plus side the shedding is less than half what it was - which is huge for me - so I'll keep it up for now and we'll see (I'm six weeks in so still early days).

Last edited: