Brotzu Lotion (trinov) Progress Pictures And Diary

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll try microneedling at 2mm and then applying Trinov 1 hour later for maximum absorption.
Gotta go all in to see if there are some benefits.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Coming up 3 months, shedding increased last two weeks. Going to start dermarolling soon if no improvement. Looking grim

Pancreata

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please explain what hepatic and renal clearance are? What what does PK stand for?

All drugs are metabolized primarily by liver because if they are taken orally they must first pass the liver (where they can be metabolized to their active form or catabolized (broken down) to an inactive molecule or released intact into the into systemic circulation. Topicals would directly enter the general circulation to be taken up by all organs and eventually return to liver where they could under the same process just described. Drug metabolites are almost always excreted from the body via the kidneys (removed via urine catabolites/break down products and at high doses the original molecule). Some amounts of a drugs can also be removde in bile, but this is a usually a minor portion of a drug.

PK=Pharmacokinetics which is the study of the the rate of absorption, distribution, metabolism, and ultimately the elimination of a drug (or any molecule for that matter) from the body.

Pancreata

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think the that rapid reduction in shedding that most have reported (myself included) is a testament to the anti-DHT effect of s-equol or a combo of other components of brotzu formula. What is occurring, at least to me, is now a return to the same levels of shedding I had before starting. This could be due to some enhanced hair cycling, or more likely, the local response to lowered DHT levels with an enzyme increase of testosterone synthesis and DHT conversion. Probably scalp androgen receptor (AR) levels also increased which has been shown in numerous tissue and cells under androgen deprivation experiments. In some men with prostate cancer who undergo castration (attack the testis) therapy develop severe gain of function mutations in androgen signaling and local steroid and DHT synthesis in the prostate which is usually not treatable and has a high mortality. From drug development perspective it makes most sense to the block the AR or the enzyme 5AR responsible for DHT synthesis. I am giving this stuff 6 months max and then it goes onto the shelf with the rest of the snake oil cocktails out there that we baldies are salivating over. In objective terms, 1.6% improvement after 6 months (~450euros laters) is not very impressive. Everyone should read the Fidia study for themselves.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/dth.12778

Pancreata

My Regimen
Reaction score
One more point and maybe as important. The journal that Fidia published their Trinov study is a third tier journal by publishing standards (Impact factor 1.53) and is loaded with Italian scientists on the Editorial Board. Not surprisingly one publishing strategy is to submit weak data to a journal with editors that are considered friendly and most sympathetic to a particular study group. Editor in Chief of this journal is Italian and rest assure they all know each other from science meetings. Look at the time of submission to the time of acceptance. Not very long for real peer review, and considering it was done in the middle of the summer when all Italians are on holiday, the actually peer review time is probably more like 1-2 weeks.

jazz1

Reaction score

Paulito

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think the that rapid reduction in shedding that most have reported (myself included) is a testament to the anti-DHT effect of s-equol or a combo of other components of brotzu formula. What is occurring, at least to me, is now a return to the same levels of shedding I had before starting. This could be due to some enhanced hair cycling, or more likely, the local response to lowered DHT levels with an enzyme increase of testosterone synthesis and DHT conversion.
Do I understand you correctly that you the body start pumping out more testosterone as a reaction to the anti-DHT effect of s-equol? If that's the case then it sounds a bit dangerous.
Didn't someone mention that s-equal was a super weak anti-androgen?

Probably scalp androgen receptor (AR) levels also increased which has been shown in numerous tissue and cells under androgen deprivation experiments. In some men with prostate cancer who undergo castration (attack the testis) therapy develop severe gain of function mutations in androgen signaling and local steroid and DHT synthesis in the prostate which is usually not treatable and has a high mortality.
Again, do I understand you correctly that the receptors in the scalp react by increasing their sensitivity?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you guys might not like this. I’ve determined that this is a bust. 3 months zero results. Not to mention did you guys see the photos they uploaded I mean it’s a joke.

We all fall for this fallacy it’s psychological. Thinking maybe it will work for me. Maybe I’ll be one of the lucky ones. Well I just don’t think this is it. The dgla is pointless. High concentration of s equol is probably the only thing worth it for hair and this thing probably has less than 1% of it.

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you guys might not like this. I’ve determined that this is a bust. 3 months zero results. Not to mention did you guys see the photos they uploaded I mean it’s a joke.

We all fall for this fallacy it’s psychological. Thinking maybe it will for me. Maybe I’ll be one of the lucky ones. Well I just don’t think this is it. The dgla is pointless. High concentration of s equol is probably the only thing worth it for hair and this thing probably has less than 1% of it.

If it only provides me with the minoxidil effect..I am happy as I am also on Duta.
Perhaps Brolotion in combo with my microneedling regimen is beneficial...
Unfortunately, minoxidil is not for me..

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On trinov 3 months, i feel like my existing hair has got thicker and i dont seem to lose as much in the shower. I could be just having good hair period at the moment.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi again! There´s a specific area in my right temple where hairs are growing. There´s one which is getting longer than the rest, but it´s not really dark. Well, not as dark as I would like it to be. Besides around it there are more hairs which are smaller.

I´ll go on for six months, but this Brotion is really expensive.

Hope you can post photos as well, I´ll do that again at the end of April or in two weeks (holiday time here).

Keep posting!

Ng Mobile

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll try microneedling at 2mm and then applying Trinov 1 hour later for maximum absorption.
Gotta go all in to see if there are some benefits.

that's beast mode!

i just did .5mm; hurt quite a bit and turned my scalp beat red...i hope i did it right! i shampooed, light towel dry, then alcohol wiped then wet my hair a bit so its damped. ill do this once a week and see what happens, hopefully it does not make things worse and i can eventually make my way up to 1.5mm. Guess i will do this once a week and apply trinov 24 hours later.

Pancreata

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I understand you correctly that you the body start pumping out more testosterone as a reaction to the anti-DHT effect of s-equol? If that's the case then it sounds a bit dangerous.
Didn't someone mention that s-equal was a super weak anti-androgen?

Again, do I understand you correctly that the receptors in the scalp react by increasing their sensitivity?

Yes you understand correctly. S-equol binds to DHT with high affinity and if the scalp is deprived of DHT, it makes complete sense biologically that androgen receptor and testosterone would increase in response. If your genetic endowment dedicates hair loss, a little s-equol is not going to defeat that!
My shedding is now unaffected by the Trinov after about 2-3 weeks and is now back to baseline. I have no doubt that the photo of that guy in the Fidia study and the Brotzu presentation in Naples was simply the best responder to therapy and as we say in research "the money shot" of the study. I am convinced most of us are just pissing our money away on this stunt. But then again I have already pissed away hundreds more on other charlatan scheme so what is another $450 for the sake of my curiosity (and vanity of course).

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you understand correctly. S-equol binds to DHT with high affinity and if the scalp is deprived of DHT, it makes complete sense biologically that androgen receptor and testosterone would increase in response. If your genetic endowment dedicates hair loss, a little s-equol is not going to defeat that!
My shedding is now unaffected by the Trinov after about 2-3 weeks and is now back to baseline. I have no doubt that the photo of that guy in the Fidia study and the Brotzu presentation in Naples was simply the best responder to therapy and as we say in research "the money shot" of the study. I am convinced most of us are just pissing our money away on this stunt. But then again I have already pissed away hundreds more on other charlatan scheme so what is another $450 for the sake of my curiosity (and vanity of course).
Sorry if someone already asked you this but are you taking finasteride? And have you considered wounding, with the new hyped up dermapen ( which honestly are much more effective than the rollers)?

Ng Mobile

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hmm well that explains why my hair got worse on trinov....3.5 months in and not a spec of improvement with shedding, regrowth or thickening...I'm afraid what would happen if we stop the lotion after 6 months especially with nothing to show for it.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel before my hair gets dependent/more worse on this venom and going to stick to micro needling while waiting for cm3 to come out...there goes about $700 cad

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm well that explains why my hair got worse on trinov....3.5 months in and not a spec of improvement with shedding, regrowth or thickening...I'm afraid what would happen if we stop the lotion after 6 months especially with nothing to show for it.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel before my hair gets dependent/more worse on this venom and going to stick to micro needling while waiting for cm3 to come out...there goes about $700 cad
You’re not the first to say your hair got worse, but that could just mean the product is a dud rather than it being the cause of exasperating your hair loss. I’ve been on it for nearly 2 months I don’t think there has been any notable improvement, I don’t have scalp itch anymore... However I certainly don’t notice any strikingly worse shedding. But I also take finasteride and microneedle once a week

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There were positive antidotes initially, if this actually turns out to be nothing after all of that Ravelling and like 1000 pages of strife, that is a kick in the soul. I’m just glad I’m young enough to have not been around for the Bosley incident.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re not the first to say your hair got worse, but that could just mean the product is a dud rather than it being the cause of exasperating your hair loss. I’ve been on it for nearly 2 months I don’t think there has been any notable improvement, I don’t have scalp itch anymore... However I certainly don’t notice any strikingly worse shedding. But I also take finasteride and microneedle once a week

I am on duta and started microneedling a few weeks ago. Apart from a mild shed over 14 days all seems ok. Am 7 weeks on Trinov. Was hoping it would be suitable to be a substitute for minoxidil. As Duta is first line of defence I would never stop with it. All additional stuff is for synergies. I guess I have to wait for CM-3

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has DEFINITELY gotten worse on this. I've thinned/lost hair noticeably where I've been applying it (sideburns/temple region and frontal hairline. It's amazing and should be illegal that at NO POINT in their "study" did they mention that things got worse before they got better (if they even ever actually get better). Like others, I feel somewhat compelled to stick with it for 6 months because at this point it's screwed up my already horrible hairline enough, so who cares.